throwback week

Will51 is offline Registered User

Im disgusted... Please read!!!!

I cant believe how the rams front office is handling the jackson scenario. He needs to be paid, he is a pro-bowler, he led the league in yards from scrimmage and he's young. He is the staple to our offense and with out him we will not operate well. Many dont understand that if he dont play it affects us big time. Coordinators will drop coverage against our young suspect recievers and they will load the box to attack bulger. Without him our passin attack will look mediocre and our o-line needs him to play up to their potential. Our run would be non existant. I remember a quote from a packer player last year after we got done playing them " ive played against many backs but this guy is truly a beast and you can tell adrian peterson i said that" Jackson is the only back of his work horse kind that displays the speed that he does and his recieveing skills are hard to come by. He is basically flawless and needs to be paid now or we will pay this up comin season.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Re: Im disgusted... Please read!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    I cant believe how the rams front office is handling the jackson scenario. He needs to be paid, he is a pro-bowler, he led the league in yards from scrimmage and he's young. He is the staple to our offense and with out him we will not operate well. Many dont understand that if he dont play it affects us big time. Coordinators will drop coverage against our young suspect recievers and they will load the box to attack bulger. Without him our passin attack will look mediocre and our o-line needs him to play up to their potential. Our run would be non existant. I remember a quote from a packer player last year after we got done playing them " ive played against many backs but this guy is truly a beast and you can tell adrian peterson i said that" Jackson is the only back of his work horse kind that displays the speed that he does and his recieveing skills are hard to come by. He is basically flawless and needs to be paid now or we will pay this up comin season.
    Not many here dispute SJ's worth to the team. But he has a contract. He signed it. He needs to show up and represent. The FO has told him, "show up and we'll negotiate". He has chosen not to honor the terms of the contract. I don't hold the FO responsible for this mess. SJ has chosen to stay home. All you have said about his value is true but he needs to be accountable to his contract and the team.

RealRam is offline Registered User

I can't believe how the Rams front office is handling the Jackson scenario. ...He is the staple to our offense and with out him we will not operate well. Many don't understand that if he doesn't play it affects us big time. Coordinators will drop coverage against our young suspect receivers and they will load the box to attack Bulger. Without him our passing attack will look mediocre and our o-line needs him to play up to their potential. Our run would be non existant. I remember a quote from a Packer player last year after we got done playing them: "I've played against many backs but this guy is truly a beast and you can tell Adrian Peterson I said that." Jackson is the only back of his work horse kind that displays the speed that he does and his receiveing skills are hard to come by.

Hang in there Will! Can't blame you at all for being disgusted.

We're right in the middle of August and still no agreement, no contract. I agree with your evaluation of Jax, particularly as the Rams main man at RB. Indeed, his presence makes a world (okay, an NFL world) of a difference. ...I just don't know, I don't understand what the $talling at the front office is.

Yes, quite disgusting. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Not many here dispute SJ's worth to the team. But he has a contract. He signed it. He needs to show up and represent. The FO has told him, "show up and we'll negotiate". He has chosen not to honor the terms of the contract. I don't hold the FO responsible for this mess. SJ has chosen to stay home. All you have said about his value is true but he needs to be accountable to his contract and the team.
    So true Chris. That's why I'm very disappointed and upset that SJ has not shown up -- that he would at least commit to that part of the negotiations!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I cant believe how the rams front office is handling the jackson scenario. He needs to be paid, he is a pro-bowler, he led the league in yards from scrimmage and he's young.
    Uh, he IS being paid. He is currently under contract. If he gets his behind into camp and honors his current contract, the Rams and Jackson can sit down like grown men and hammer out a new contract. The Rams have made it clear they will not talk unless he comes in. Why is it so difficult for him to simply walk into Ram's camp and sit down and chat? The Rams made it clear they would talk if he comes to camp. If he comes in, the ball is then in the Rams court. If they don't begin talks about a new contract, and don't come up with a reasonable offer in a reasonable amount of time, he can then walk out and the Rams are the 'bad guy". He's getting some really bad advice, or he simply doesn't want to be with the Rams.

...it was stated tonight during the Eagles/Panthers game Jackson wants 8 million a year, which is more than what Westbrook just signed for.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ...it was stated tonight during the Eagles/Panthers game Jackson wants 8 million a year, which is more than what Westbrook just signed for.
    Actually, Westbrook's contract will average $8 million a year if he reaches incentives.

Josh Guest

We can post about this in many different ways. we can be mad, we can support our team, and the players who are here, we can support one individual player in steven jackson, or we can support the organization and exept the way that their dealing with this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson has managed to miss the entire camp. No more excuses for not showing up to work.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

...He needs to be paid, he is a pro-bowler, he led the league in yards from scrimmage and he's young.
    Why are you so shocked that SJ hasn't reported to the team. You know how hard it is to sign multi-sport athletes. I didn't even know that SJ knew how to bowl, let alone at a professional level.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    We can post about this in many different ways. We can be mad, we can support our team, and the players who are here; we can support one individual player in Steven Jackson, or we can support the organization and accept the way that they're dealing with this.

If only SJ, comfy in his hotel, would browse through our Clan threads that discuss and debate this painful holdout!

I know he's not all that "comfy", he must feel bad too but the team... the fans... the preseason preparation: LET'S GET WITH THE PROGRAM my friend. Go to the team, be with the team.
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-15-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Text

theodus69 Guest

JackASSon should be on the feild bottom line. I think Pace not being there would be more devastating. Give BL a chance to takeover the backfeild so JackASSon can ride the pine. What's say if that happens big hard runner . And what Packer player said that, Sure it was an actual Packer?. I'd take AP anyday over MR JackASSon!!!!!!! IMO of course.

Will51 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    JackASSon should be on the feild bottom line. I think Pace not being there would be more devastating. Give BL a chance to takeover the backfeild so JackASSon can ride the pine. What's say if that happens big hard runner . And what Packer player said that, Sure it was an actual Packer?. I'd take AP anyday over MR JackASSon!!!!!!! IMO of course.

It was a LB, not exactly sure but ill find out, i think it was hawk tho

btimsah Guest

It would not be so bad if we had a backup. I can't blame the Rams for not wanting to negotiate unless he comes to camp. I just don't think he wants to go to camp. It's the same reason Strahan would always say he's thinking about retiring - then would show up as soon as the camp was over. lol. They just don't wanna be out there right now. To be honest, if I'm Jackson I'm not sure I want a new contract with the Rams. What if Linehan is brought back?

Ramer Guest

I agree with Chris58. Jackson is worth the money he is asking for, but he still has 1 year left on his current contract.
    Last edited by Ramer; -08-16-2008 at 11:23 AM.