Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By rammiser
  • 3 Post By Nick
  • 2 Post By Rambos

Thread: Im Excited

rammiser is offline Registered User

Im Excited

I'm tired of all the negativity on this message board so prepare yourselves for some positives.

I'm excited about our new young corners. I think Jenkins and Johnson will both be very good for years to come. Both of them are big and physical and both have some ball awareness, something we have been lacking at the corner position for some time.

How about Brockers man, it seems like we finally got a guy that can at least disrupt some things in the middle and could help Long and Quinn from getting doubled. Not to mention help out 55 in the middle keeping him clean to make some big plays.

I'm excited to see when Dahl will finally be displaced by Stewart, a guy who seemed to be all over the field last year and when inserted back in to the lineup will improve the safety position.

Bradford is in a similar offense to the one he excelled in as a rookie and with Jackson behind him should make for an interesting year. Kendricks looks to have shaken the rookie jitters and our te's will be a bigger focus in this offense.

We have some young wr's that will hopefully put a spark in to a much needed passing game. We have had literally zero playmakers on the outside and it would be great to see both of these guys improve week to week.

Last but not least we finally have a coach, a real NFL coach for the first time since Vermeil. If these things don't get you excited for this season then its time for you to change your colors.

I dont know about you but i'm fired up for the first time in a long time about the prospects of this team. Not to mention we still have two first round picks the next two years. Things are finally looking up for a change.
    Rambos, Nick, ramsbruce and 3 others like this.

Just Fix It

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Im Excited

Great post!

It's far too easy to get caught up in the critical comments after a poor performance. I'm as guilty as the next poster, as I've certainly taken part in more critical discussions than I have positive ones in the last few days.

But for all the things that might still worry us or have us concerned, there are a lot of things to look forward to this season - seeing how young veterans develop and progress, watching these rookies get their first experience in the NFL, and ushering in a new era in St. Louis with an experienced head coach at the helm.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2012 season brings!
    Rambos, MauiRam and rammiser like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Good post, Rammiser. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the beginning of the "return to glory" for the St. Louis Rams. While there is tremendous work to do, there have been enough pieces put in place to give us hope. I'm anxious to see Quinn and Long terrorize QBs. I'm anxious to see Bradford pick up where he left off in his rookie season. I'm anxious to see the WRs. I'm anxious to see the newcomers and draft picks. And I'm anxious to see Jeff Fisher put it all together.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I'm tired of all the negativity on this message board so prepare yourselves for some positives.

I'm excited about our new young corners. I think Jenkins and Johnson will both be very good for years to come. Both of them are big and physical and both have some ball awareness, something we have been lacking at the corner position for some time.
    Although Jenkins struggled against the Cowboys, I believe that was a fluke. He is very talented (I think he will be better than Finnegan in a couple years). I'm also excited about Johnson. He needs to get used to the speed of high level football because coming from not-so-powerhouse Montana is a challenge.

How about Brockers man, it seems like we finally got a guy that can at least disrupt some things in the middle and could help Long and Quinn from getting doubled. Not to mention help out 55 in the middle keeping him clean to make some big plays.
    He has been improving every game. I'm actually more impressed with Langford though. He has been playing better than I expected him to.

I'm excited to see when Dahl will finally be displaced by Stewart, a guy who seemed to be all over the field last year and when inserted back in to the lineup will improve the safety position.
    Dahl needs to go. Although Stewart is still raw, he is a much better improvement.

Bradford is in a similar offense to the one he excelled in as a rookie and with Jackson behind him should make for an interesting year. Kendricks looks to have shaken the rookie jitters and our te's will be a bigger focus in this offense.
    Jackson has been behind him the past two years. I am not going to say Kendricks has shaken his rookie jitters until I see him consistently perform in the regular season. If he continues to play like is playing, we should have a reliable weapon.

We have some young wr's that will hopefully put a spark in to a much needed passing game. We have had literally zero playmakers on the outside and it would be great to see both of these guys improve week to week.
    I haven't seen enough consistency from the young WRs for me to say that they will make a huge impact in the regular season once teams start elevating their defensive schemes.

Last but not least we finally have a coach, a real NFL coach for the first time since Vermeil. If these things don't get you excited for this season then its time for you to change your colors.
    Are you saying Linehan and Spags weren't "real" coaches? I always had the suspicion that they were imposters...

I dont know about you but i'm fired up for the first time in a long time about the prospects of this team. Not to mention we still have two first round picks the next two years. Things are finally looking up for a change.
    If we can figure out our friggin' offensive line, I will be REALLY excited for the season. I do not want to watch our already not so mobile quarterback get smashed into pieces because Barry Richardson is slower than a Honda Fit.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I understand what you're saying and I too believe this is the START to something special.

However, it's just the start.

This team still has a long way to go to be contenders in the NFL. What I have seen from the first three preseason games is something that's a little different then in the past. I see speed. I see a little more intensity. I see a better "push" from the defensive front four. I see better tackling ( with the exception of JJ and a couple others last week), but I think that will be corrected.

I also see a lot of mistakes, but I understand that with youth, comes mistakes. They will figure it out throughout the year. But the losing will continue until the kids figure it out, AND we finally get some freakin' help at LG and RT. Next year after another solid draft and perhaps a solid FA or two, this team WILL compete for the division.

I am excited to see this all starting to come together. I just see a difference in the way they are hitting, the way they are attacking, and I think it's only going to get better once they learn to be where they're supposed to be. Right now, they're playing a little pensive just because they're not sure about their assignments, but once they correct that, watch out. I think that finally, the Rams will finally shed their "lambs clothing" for some "Ram Tough" skin and will no longer be looked at as a "soft" team. I really see a defense that can be top-ten this year, and top-five next year.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -08-29-2012 at 01:21 AM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Im excited and optimistic about this season just like every other one. But it feels different this time around (well, the other times did too, lol). I love the draft. It really looks like we hit on most of them. Maybe not all pro bowlers but players that will contribute.... Most on day1. Brockers, jenkins, quick, givens, johnson, gz, pead, the punter, and richardson will all probably play week 1 barring injury. Rok and Mccloud will be in the mix sometime during the season... Mccloud might be a special teamer week 1 and right now ill take him over dahl.

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Here is the thing that sticks out to me. Once these picks are used I will feel better about the Rams chances. This past draft I felt Fisher was looking to acquire picks to fill holes all over the roster. Next year's draft needs to be used to acquire difference makers. The Rams need to keep both 1st round picks to improve the team. Between the Rams and Redskins one of the two picks will be a top ten with the other being a top 15. Having a chance to draft 2 of the top 15 prospects is something the Rams need to do. They shouldn't trade either picks only to acquire more picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I am not saying difference makers can't be found after the 1st, but the Rams have a lot of nice pieces in place. They are only a few play makers away from being contenders. The Rams have a better chance of adding at least one huge play maker if they keep both 1st round picks.
    Last edited by RamBamThankYouMam; -08-29-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Wrong word used

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

I'm excited as well, way more than I have been the past couple of years. Only thing that worries me is the O-line. Hopefully it won't be as bad as last year.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Here is why I'm excited, we got some solid talent to work with, due to off-field stuff some of these guys would have been drafted higher.

Bradford 1st RD
    Long 1st RD
    Brockers 1st RD
    Jenkins 1st RD
    Quinn 1st RD

Quick 2nd RD
    Kendricks 2nd RD
    Laurinaitis 2nd RD
    Pead 2nd RD
    Trumaine 2nd RD
    Givens 2nd RD

In the next two years we will add at minimum (unless we move back in the draft).
    1st RD
    1st RD
    1st RD
    1st RD
    2nd RD
    2nd RD

That's a roster with 17 first and second round draft picks! Talk about an infusion of talent!

We have locked up Chris Long and Laurinaitis sounds like will get done soon. We have cap space to add FA in the next few years. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL. We have a a leader in Fisher, so far watching him in pre-season you can tell he's a good game day coach. The FO is on the same page, Owner, GM, HC so when this is built and we are back as the team to beat in the West, we won't have to worry about it imploding.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by Rambos; -08-29-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    live4ramin and rammiser like this.