Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I'm glad...

  1. #1
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    I'm glad...

    I didn't go to the game today. That was nasty. I can't stand being at a game where we are spanked, too much alcohol flowing and happy fans not knowing when to quit. For those of you who went sorry you had to pay so much money for such a horrible experience. Hopefully the Charger fans showed the same kind of class they were shown here at Clan Ram by us.

    So go ahead and relate your experience. :sfosux::seasux: :arisux: in that order.
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -10-29-2006 at 09:00 PM.

    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  2. #2
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: I'm glad...

    i was at the game and wow i loved the seats( plaze 5, row 22) but wow did we get an mopped up... oh well its just a game right??/

  3. #3
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: I'm glad...

    how were you treated?
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  4. #4
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,276
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: I'm glad...

    Well, I just got back from the game.... It was an experience, to say the least. First game I've seen in person since, well, the Rams left Orange County. Also, it was the first time back to the Murph, or, excuse me, Qualcomm, since the All Star game back in the 70's.

    The Charger fans.

    For the most part, very friendly, but they had their fun of course. The "baaaaa" nonsense and the "lamb" reference got a little old, but I expected it. There were a couple of fights nearby towards the end of the game, but the guy in the middle of one of them was wearing a whiner jersey. Go figure.... But for the most part, the Charger fans were pretty cool.

    Now, about the stadium...

    It sucks. The seating is no better than okay, typical '70 mulitsport design, so not real great. But the parking! OMG. I got there a little more than 2 hours before kickoff, and it took us about 45 minutes to FIND a parking spot. You had to weave through all the tailgaters to find a spot. Absolutely no help from anyone associated with the stadium. ...and leaving? Worse. It took us about an hour to get OUT of the damn stadium. Also, the food was awful, and there aren't enough food spots or bathrooms. I don't know which line was longer, the heads or the food lines. I can see why they want to get out of there. Definitely time to upgrade.

    I will say though, that the Ram Nation was very well represented. I would bet that about 25% of the fans were wearing the blue and gold of the Rams. I saw a lot of old LA Ram stuff on. (including myself) Whenever BRuce caught a pass, the "Bruuuuuuce" was really loud. All-in-all, it was a fun day, but I wouldn't do it again next week if given the opportunity.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  5. #5
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: I'm glad...

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    The "baaaaa" nonsense and the "lamb" reference got a little old,
    Noooooooooo Class! I thought they would be at least a little more cordial since alot of them fans are practically neighbors. Must of been the alcohol speaking.
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  6. #6
    Zolf is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I'm glad...

    The Charger fans in my section were total assholes, it was pretty terrible. Actually there was one nice Charger fan that we talked with, but he left early in the third quarter. I guess all the drunken idiots stayed.

    There were some Rams fans around, but most of them got out of Dodge when things started going south...

  7. #7
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,224
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: I'm glad...

    Bad experience all around. Like RFRH, we got to the game more than two hours before kickoff and it took an hour to get to our RESERVED PARKING entrance, where we were turned away. Despite having a pass, we had to pay and park in an off-site lot. Horrible operation.

    Plans to meet other ClanRam members didn't work out, which was disappointing.

    There were loads of Ram fans at the game, too bad they had nothing to get excited about.

    Charger fans that I encountered were cool for the most part, but did not like our "juice" comments aimed at Merriman.

    After the game, things really got lively. One of the guys in my group (Ram fan) went off the deep end and started a fight with another guy in our group (Seahawk fan). I got caught in the middle and for my trouble recieved numerous kicks and elbows. After two security guards broke them up, we made our way out of the stadium as our manic friend, in a fit of rage started to lash out at anyone wearing a Rams jersey. VERY embarrassing! A perfect ending to an horrible day.:\

  8. #8
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,276
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: I'm glad...

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Bad experience all around. Like RFRH, we got to the game more than two hours before kickoff and it took an hour to get to our RESERVED PARKING entrance, where we were turned away. Despite having a pass, we had to pay and park in an off-site lot. Horrible operation.

    Plans to meet other ClanRam members didn't work out, which was disappointing.

    There were loads of Ram fans at the game, too bad they had nothing to get excited about.

    Charger fans that I encountered were cool for the most part, but did not like our "juice" comments aimed at Merriman.

    After the game, things really got lively. One of the guys in my group (Ram fan) went off the deep end and started a fight with another guy in our group (Seahawk fan). I got caught in the middle and for my trouble recieved numerous kicks and elbows. After two security guards broke them up, we made our way out of the stadium as our manic friend, in a fit of rage started to lash out at anyone wearing a Rams jersey. VERY embarrassing! A perfect ending to an horrible day.:\
    Oh my... makes my day seem like a good one. But it was the very reason I didn't drink any adult beverages at the game. First time I have ever watched a football game without a brew in my hand. I knew it would probably be a rough day for us, both on the field, and off, so I stayed away from the beer. I tend to respond, if provoked, especially after a few cold ones...
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  9. #9
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,145
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: I'm glad...

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Oh my... makes my day seem like a good one. But it was the very reason I didn't drink any adult beverages at the game. First time I have ever watched a football game without a brew in my hand. I knew it would probably be a rough day for us, both on the field, and off, so I stayed away from the beer. I tend to respond, if provoked, especially after a few cold ones...
    Very wise decision, sounds like a common disease...Beer Muscles that is.

  10. #10
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,276
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: I'm glad...

    Very wise decision, sounds like a common disease...Beer Muscles that is.
    Oh yeah. ...and there was plenty of "flexing" going on Sunday. Especially after the game. Even some of the women got into the action! Pretty entertaining, actually.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •