LARAM is offline Registered User

I'm going to the opening pre season game

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I wanted to make sure I could get the best advise from everyone. Feel free to move this to another thread if need be.

I have just been informed that my girlfriend is making arrangements for us to go the 1st preseason game this year against Indianapolis, as a fathers day gift......although it is only a pre season game I'm still pumped!!!!!!!

I just thought I would ask for some advise from any local fans of The St. louis area.....places to go, rams fan sports bars, team shop, sights, things to see.....etc. This is our first trip to St. Louis and I look forward to seeing and visiting this great city.

We will be driving from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and will be staying in St. Louis for about 4 days.......thanks for the input.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: I'm going to the opening pre season game

st. louis is my favorite city to go to, you cant go there without seeing the gateway arch. you will have a great time plenty to do.lots of bars downtown.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Union Station is a pretty cool mall - restaurant area, as well. Avoid Landry's as I got food poisoning from them in 2001 before the Rams vs Indy game...I puked on Cole St. in front of the Dome. That made it impossible to scalp my ticket since I was sick and you cannot haggle while puking very well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Never been there, LARAM, so all I can say is, "enjoy, relax / WIN!" Take your time. :football:

maineram is offline Registered User

Flanneries pub, Washington and 14th st. good food, nice folks.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Just a thought, but a sticky thread listing hotels, restaurants and attractions near the dome wouldn't be a bad idea. We have quite a few people over the course of a season I am sure that are visiting STL from out of town and are interested in this subject. I know that the Bash thread has a couple listings of nearby hotels, and I think information of this nature could enhance fans trips to STL.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

being from the city I dont tend to go downtown, only if its to a sporting event or the landing (lots o bars) I like growlers pub thats on lindbergh along with helens fitzgerald...great italian food and bars on the hill ( 44 and around hampton st) thats where I spend a good amount of time at and out in the county..it all depends what you are looking for but downtown does have it all but a bit congested and sometimes hard to navigate if you dont know the area well. and you do not want to end up in east saint louis, bad area...well unless your girlfriend wants to see some boobs at the strip bars!

Well the ClanRam Bash always eats at Jakes Steaks and the food there has always been good - and thats in the landing.