Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: I'm going to say my peace, and then take a little break.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: I'm going to say my peace, and then take a little break.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post

I try to take the good with the bad. Yes, people said some dumb things yesterday, but at the end of the day it's probably better that they said them to a bunch of other dudes saying dumb things on a message board than to their loved ones or their wives or their girlfriends.

My advice?

Relax. Everyone. It's all good.

Also, f*ck Tom Brady.
    Good advice! Also agree with the Brady sentiment.

Trevor is offline Registered User

The "fans" on thos board are expecting WAYYYYY to much in the first game. I'm with you 100% avenger!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Well, it was a lot worse after last seasons opening loss and for the most part it was generally accepted.

I know it's not much, but in that respect, things are looking up.

Come On!!! Get back here and fight the good fight!

macrammer is offline Registered User

The op reminds me of a kid i knew growing up. We did not have much money and therefore, we had to share 1 baseball many times. This kid had provided the baseball this particular day and his mom called him to dinner. The kid decided that since he had to go home for dinner, his baseball had to go home with him. That left others without a means to play baseball. I felt that move was immature, shortsighted and meanspirited. We never liked that kid and we were glad to see him go.

general counsel is offline Registered User

At this point, the Rams only really need three things to make themselves really competitive. Offensive line, offensive line and offensive line. We really have a pulse for the first time in so long and coach fisher is going to make a world of difference. That said, the offensive line, which was highly suspect going into the season, has now lost wells for a long time and saffold for a while. God help sammy with richardson and hunter at the tackles, but that being said, i dont see how people couldnt be cautiously optimistic for the future at this point.

To some degree, that is a worlds tallest midget analysis, given how bad we have been for how long. But I think we are going to be at least a .500 team by next year and i think we have a legit. shot to be better than that.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'd rather see pissed off fans ranting after a loss any day of the week than seeing fans who have become content with a loss as long as there was effort put in.

Sorry but a participation trophy does not count.

If one does not like reading the negative posts on the board...simply do not open the thread. Quite simple. Let the "negative" people to talk to other "negative" people.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

The best part of this post is that AV will be gone for a week! I've been trying to get this accomplished for years now.....YES!!!!!!
    Fargo Ram Fan and ZiaRam like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Av has a wicked sense of humor doesn't he?
    Ramendola16 likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    Members of this board demonstrating their thoughts and feelings about a loss is what makes this place interesting, regardless if I agree or not. Avenger is quick to call comments he disagrees with as 'unfathomably stupid' but to me it seems his childish attitude towards a frustrated and disappointed fan base is more the problem here.
    So are we holding him to an unreasonable standard of perfection - or does he get to vent too?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    I would like to add that I do agree with Avenger that there has been some stupid comments on this board.. but I think that is ok. Read them, shake your head and move on.
    Absolutely! How is it possible to be a diehard fan and not say something foolish now and then? I hereby declare officially, that I have moved on entirely from any stupid comments which could be construed as attributable to me ..

mark.a is offline Registered User

. . . *yawn*

. . . oh, wait, er . . . please, please AvengerRam, don't go! Don't leave us! We'll be better, I promise!

. . . hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Wow, seriously one of the most self-important threads I've ever read, and that's really saying something.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Everyone has a right to their opinion. And everyone should feel they can disagree- even in a heated discussion- about anything and everything involving the Rams. The problem as I see it is that many of AV's posts in my opinion, comes across as pure arrogance. It goes beyond simple disagreement, and suggests the rest of us are morons while he sits in judgment as the world's foremost authority on the St. Louis Rams. HOW DARE anyone suggest anything negative after a close Rams loss!!

Certainly, there are some idiotic statements made from time to time out of blind loyalty or passion. And we've all suffered enough losing over the years where it's easily understood when someone vents (even unrealistically) out of frustration. While its often said that sometimes its better to cool down before you act, its also better to refrain from responding to posts that are outandish or illogical.

We played well for much of the game vs. the Lions. It certainly was a different feeling watching that game than the many others we've lost in recent years. I watched that game and appreciate the good things we did and feel hopeful based on what I saw that better days are not too far ahead. I understand and never once thought the Rams would go 12-4 or 13-3 this year. But at the end of the day, it is a loss. It makes ZERO difference what you thought would happen before the game was played; when the game is there for the taking, it is disappointing that we didn't seize the opportunity- As an athlete and as a lifelong Rams fan, a close loss isn't good enough. And anyone who feels it is isn't a competitor.

Winners are never satisfied- even after wins.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mark.a View Post

. . . hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Wow, seriously one of the most self-important threads I've ever read, and that's really saying something.
    [ / ihavejustaccidentallyadmittedtoreadinglotsofselfimportantthreadsontheinternet]
    mark.a likes this.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

I don't mind what people say on here. Not one bit. We all have free will and if we don't like what's said we can choose to just ignore it. The thread will usually disappear down the screen and off the page before too long.

What I don't like are wise a$$ disrespectful put downs 'just for the sake of it' if someone disagree's with the op. Keyboard courage, tough guy typists, faceless bullies? call it what you like. It's unnecessary.

Aren't we supposed to be on the same side?

Looking forward to more of the same hard work this weekend against the skin's! RGIII is going to spend most of his time gettin' picked off, chased around, and sat on his azz!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Hey Avenger, are you sure you weren't a Cheerleader in college? You are very pre-occupied with team spirit and toting the official line.

2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate! AVENGER! RAM!
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Well said AV, from this game I came away with one thing. Any given Sunday. Neither team played a great game, but I chalk Sundays lost to this, the Detroit Lions won. The Rams were not your usual Rams Sunday. The Defense was crisp, against the number 1 passing offense, and number 5 in total offense. For the first time in a long time, in fact since Vermeil has it been since I've seen this team play so balanced. Not to mention 60 percent of this team is rookies. Also the Detroit Lions have the best front 7 in the game in my opinion they have a stingy defense, and they played 8 and 9 in the box most of the day. That allowed Brandon Gibson to shine, our receivers are much upgraded over last year. As tough as this loss is I like the fact that we have the toughest schedule this year because as fans we'll know exactly what we have on the field as a product and team.

Yes it's hard to watch a team lose after so many years of mediocrity these past 7 years, however we have a good team in the Rams, the offensive line did and incredible job especially with two injuries. As a Ram fan you have a lot to be optimistic about.

I know one thing there won't be room on the bandwangon for you pessimistic fans, you won't be able to take back your words you typed in frustration after the first loss of the first game this season against a team that could be in the hunt for a push deep into the playoffs.

Will we be ranked low this week? YEP and rightfully so until this team can show it can win more than 6 games in a season. Mark my words this team will win some games this year and it will be more than 5. I've been a Ram fan since 1975 I was 5 years old, this is the team of my youth. I've watched the up and downs for almost 40 years, I've seen the winning years and the losing years. I've seen Rams teams with players collecting checks and those earning checks. Fellow Rams fans this is a season to be excited about. This is a team, who's leader Jackson will except nothing less than excellence. He's actually had to endure the losing while we as fans only watched. Yet he wants to retire a Ram. He's this generations Isaac Bruce. I have a feeling this team is going to be special this year. Watch and see!!!!!!!!
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast