Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: I'm going to say my peace, and then take a little break.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: I'm going to say my peace, and then take a little break.

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Well said AV, from this game I came away with one thing. Any given Sunday. Neither team played a great game, but I chalk Sundays lost to this, the Detroit Lions won. The Rams were not your usual Rams Sunday. The Defense was crisp, against the number 1 passing offense, and number 5 in total offense. For the first time in a long time, in fact since Vermeil has it been since I've seen this team play so balanced. Not to mention 60 percent of this team is rookies. Also the Detroit Lions have the best front 7 in the game in my opinion they have a stingy defense, and they played 8 and 9 in the box most of the day. That allowed Brandon Gibson to shine, our receivers are much upgraded over last year. As tough as this loss is I like the fact that we have the toughest schedule this year because as fans we'll know exactly what we have on the field as a product and team.

Yes it's hard to watch a team lose after so many years of mediocrity these past 7 years, however we have a good team in the Rams, the offensive line did and incredible job especially with two injuries. As a Ram fan you have a lot to be optimistic about.

I know one thing there won't be room on the bandwangon for you pessimistic fans, you won't be able to take back your words you typed in frustration after the first loss of the first game this season against a team that could be in the hunt for a push deep into the playoffs.

Will we be ranked low this week? YEP and rightfully so until this team can show it can win more than 6 games in a season. Mark my words this team will win some games this year and it will be more than 5. I've been a Ram fan since 1975 I was 5 years old, this is the team of my youth. I've watched the up and downs for almost 40 years, I've seen the winning years and the losing years. I've seen Rams teams with players collecting checks and those earning checks. Fellow Rams fans this is a season to be excited about. This is a team, who's leader Jackson will except nothing less than excellence. He's actually had to endure the losing while we as fans only watched. Yet he wants to retire a Ram. He's this generations Isaac Bruce. I have a feeling this team is going to be special this year. Watch and see!!!!!!!!
    Also let me say there's a very good chance that had not the clock official stopped the clock incorrectly, we would have been at the two minute warning with a 3rd down forcing Detroit to use their last time out, the play would have been a running and could have been a first down. We never know how things play out and you have to go with what life gives you. But in a perfect world the Rams earned a win and it was stolen from them. They earned a win against a top 10 team. So pessimistic fans say what you want, but we have a damn good team.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Also, f**k Tom Brady.
    Gisele Bundchen does.

And that makes me hate him even more.
    Bar-bq and RAMFANRAIDERHATER like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    The op reminds me of a kid i knew growing up. We did not have much money and therefore, we had to share 1 baseball many times. This kid had provided the baseball this particular day and his mom called him to dinner. The kid decided that since he had to go home for dinner, his baseball had to go home with him. That left others without a means to play baseball. I felt that move was immature, shortsighted and meanspirited. We never liked that kid and we were glad to see him go.
    So AV is a baseball?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Will we be ranked low this week? YEP and rightfully so until this team can show it can win more than 6 games in a season. Mark my words this team will win some games this year and it will be more than 5. I've been a Ram fan since 1975 I was 5 years old, this is the team of my youth. I've watched the up and downs for almost 40 years, I've seen the winning years and the losing years. I've seen Rams teams with players collecting checks and those earning checks. Fellow Rams fans this is a season to be excited about. This is a team, who's leader Jackson will except nothing less than excellence. He's actually had to endure the losing while we as fans only watched. Yet he wants to retire a Ram. He's this generations Isaac Bruce. I have a feeling this team is going to be special this year. Watch and see!!!!!!!!
    I'm on board, jingga. This team shows balance we haven't seen since even BEFORE the GSOT days. We've got the coaches, but we're, like, nano thin. Can we fans bare to wait for the organization to stockpile bench depth? Can coaching hang on that long before the torches and pitchforks (empty seats) light a fire under them?

Av, hang on buddy. Get some rest. Heck, just get some. You deserve some r&r. You carry the load here. Like my wife, your headbutts remind me to think. Now where did I put that rake?
    With all the gravitas of Jackie Treehorn.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Read Shane Gray's MSM Sports Media piece in which Jeff Fisher repeatedly alludes to the fact that he takes no comfort in text messages and phone calls telling him "nice job" this past Sunday. "A loss is a loss" says Fisher.

I guess Fisher just doesn't have the right mentality to coach this team, since we did all these great things Sunday and the only thing he expresses is extreme disappointment.

Or maybe Fisher, like many of the rest of us, expect excellence now not three years from now.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Ahhh, the self absorbed 'farewell' post! A timeless internet classic! Sadly, this one only announces a one week imposition.

Nothing new to see here folks. Those who DARE to utter a negative (objective or otherwise) word about the Rams will ALWAYS be derided (by a certain few) here. Move along!
    macrammer, ManofGod and sosa39rams like this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Ahhh, the self absorbed 'farewell' post! A timeless internet classic! Sadly, this one only announces a one week imposition.

Nothing new to see here folks. Those who DARE to utter a negative (objective or otherwise) word about the Rams will ALWAYS be derided (by a certain few) here. Move along!
    As opposed to those who DARE utter a positive (objective or otherwise) word about the Rams ALWAYS being derided (by a certain one) as delusional or pollyannish? Yep, move along!

mark.a is offline Registered User

[ / ihavejustaccidentallyadmittedtoreadinglotsofselfimportantthreadsontheinternet]
    LOL. No accident. I've just read a lot of message boards. Haha!

The internet seems chock-full of angry bald guys in their underwear and crazy muumuu-wearing cat-ladies, all of whom seem to believe people will/should mourn their absence to the point of being unable to bathe or feed themselves.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

It doesn't help that--consider the type of loss like the one we had, and after suffering for years of disappointment; so many losses--the reality of what happened was brutal. It freakin' hurt. And on top of that, people are posting what they feel immediately after the game, not even digesting everything that has happened. The old saying goes, "think before you speak." Yes, some people may sound silly when they post (and let's be honest, all of us at some point or another on this forum has said something stupid), especially immediately after a gut wrenching loss like that; however, I think it's important that we, the members of this forum, understand that some are simply expressing how they feel at that given time, it doesn't necessarily affect how we should reflect or view that individual because everyone is caught up in the heat of the moment. Therefore, I think we should all try to make a conscious effort to not judge; have patience. Patience in both respects: think before you speak, and be patient with your fellow clan members. Quite frankly, as a Rams fan, I consider us a tight knit online community, even though I don't post as much, I'm still on here as much as possible, and when this thing finally turns around, I'm gonna be so happy and honored that I can celebrate that with YOU guys. Even if it's not in person, just the idea that, for so many years, after all the losses, all the heart ache, all of us have been a band of brothers together. Despite any differences we've had, we still know and acknowledge that we're Rams fans through and through. Nothing's going to change that. And that is the special bond that we all have and share with one another. To me, it's not worth it to be angry with each other or annoyed. Quite frankly, all I'm thinking about is Week 2.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mark.a View Post
    LOL. No accident. I've just read a lot of message boards. Haha!

The internet seems chock-full of angry bald guys in their underwear and crazy muumuu-wearing cat-ladies, all of whom seem to believe people will/should mourn their absence to the point of being unable to bathe or feed themselves.
    Guess I'll just go ahead and return the muumuu I bought then...
    mark.a likes this.

Guess I'll just go ahead and return the muumuu I bought then...
    No, don't!

I just got back from Milan, and EVERYBODY's wearing muumuus this year.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

honestly you should just ignore them. I know it's hard to do but anyone who thinks that Richardson is a better fit for the offense based on one carry or that Kurt Warner would turn our team in to a Super Bowl contender is probably not worth discussing football with.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So AV is a baseball?
    I always suspected as much, now we have proof!

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I always suspected as much, now we have proof!
    This awesome guy would like a word with him (wearing sunglasses AND a robe, because he's classy):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm going to say my peace, and then take a little break.-man_in_bathrobe_holding_baseball_bat_csc14005.jpg  
    Last edited by mark.a; -09-12-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Three pages deep and pretty much the way AV would have scripted this thread.
    Rambos likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast