Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I'm Impressed....

I have noticed that the attitudes of the Clan have been more positive than normal this week. Whether this change is due to the suggestions of the administrators, the fact that we as fans are optimistic, or just because we are all such great people, it doesn't really matter. It just goes to prove one thing: Rams fans are better people than any other.... :redface:

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: I'm Impressed....

Alternatively, this could be the calm before the real storm hits. (Sorry Avenger - no pun intended.)

Perhaps, it is easier to be more critical when the team is winning. Now that the Rams have stumbled out of the gate, it might be harder to hit them when they are down.

IMO, unless they get to the bye week at 5-2 (a real stretch), the season will take a death spiral. It will be at that time that the dark thoughts, that even some of the more positve posters (if you will) have deep inside, will rise to the surface.

Go Rams... beat the ****ers!!!!

thoey is offline Registered User

Or maybe it's just cause those of us without rose colored glasses know we are at the stage when the Rams are showing the glass wearers the the truth... Not going to jump up and say we told you so. It hurts bad enough just curled up here on the floor...
    This space for rent...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Not going to jump up and say we told you so.
    I've seen plenty of that from some people. And I'm sure given the opportunity, plenty more will take part.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I resent them comments thoey. I will always look at things with this team the best I can. I can not control the outcomes and can not allow the Rams to rule my emotions. If this team goes 1-15 I still will not bash them and beat them with a stick. I live my life listening to the non-Ram fans do that enough and will not do the same. Maybe it isn't looking at the Rams with rose-colored glass, but rather looking at the Rams as human beings.

Now in the same breath, am I disappointed? You frikking bet. Do I swear a lot at the TV? You frikking bet. Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.

I will ber the first to admit we have issues, and see them through my "rose colored glasses". I just would much rather choose to discuss them in a rational matter. And not call people names and scream for someone's head.

Or maybe it's just cause those of us without rose colored glasses know we are at the stage when the Rams are showing the glass wearers the the truth... Not going to jump up and say we told you so. It hurts bad enough just curled up here on the floor...

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.
    Did you really just say this :redface:

Midwestern version of a good 'ol a$$ chewing. NOT gender related :tongue:
    Get your mind out of the gutter man

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    Did you really just say this :redface:

I resent them comments thoey. I will always look at things with this team the best I can. I can not control the outcomes and can not allow the Rams to rule my emotions. If this team goes 1-15 I still will not bash them and beat them with a stick. I live my life listening to the non-Ram fans do that enough and will not do the same. Maybe it isn't looking at the Rams with rose-colored glass, but rather looking at the Rams as human beings.

Now in the same breath, am I disappointed? You frikking bet. Do I swear a lot at the TV? You frikking bet. Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.

I will ber the first to admit we have issues, and see them through my "rose colored glasses". I just would much rather choose to discuss them in a rational matter. And not call people names and scream for someone's head.
    Wraith, please don't take this personally, as the comments below are directed to the subject, not the the person I am replying to.

You can resent those comments if you like.

I realize that no matter how we feel we can not effect change on the organization. But I refuse to sit back and watch the potential be thrown away without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch old, washed-up, not needed players go to other teams and do well without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch a coach make either the same mistakes every week or new variations on the same old mistakes without asking why?

And according to some, when I or others ask these questions, we are told in several different ways that we are not fans. We should be quiet as we are disturbing those that are afraid to ask the question why. And if we really feel this way, why do we still support the Rams or come to this board?

I have been a fan since the 70's. I have been through hell with this team. And recently, I thought that all those years of being patient, but still asking why, were finally going to be paid back. I can't even think of how to express the elation I had after the SB win. Just thinking of it gives me chills, makes my eye's mist up, and makes me smile.

But since then, I have sat back and watched the dismantling of a team. The mismanagement of a team. And I have to ask why... It is the only way I can get through it.

I too have friends that are not Rams fans. And I hear their abuse. You can look back in this forum and you will never see where I said the Rams suck. (Well, there have been a few posts during a fit of rage *ahem, Carolina game, ahem* where I might have said something like that. I know I said either that Martz sucks or is an idiot or both).

And I would hope that when I have come on here to ask why that I have done so rationally. But it is irrational for me to look at something that finally seemed to come together, something that was built for speed and built for the long haul, and watch it crumble so quickly.

Without asking why...
    This space for rent...

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

I think we are just pumped up to whip the whiners up one side of the field and down the other!!! This is whiner week and we need to shake California up more than it already has been this week!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOO RAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! :ramlogo:

I always have and always do respect what you have to say thoey. And by no means were my comments directed at you per-say, but rather reasons for why I feel the way I do.

I would love to come to this board and discuss my dissatisfaction with the team with true fans. However, it is the nature of the beast that some people always make the frustration into humiliation of a team that I have shown nothing but loyalty for so many years. I feel the need to defend this team to the non-supporters and feel I need not have to among their loyalist.

I hear and respect EVERY WHY as I too ask the same questions. It's the people that feel the need to not ask why, but rather ask when.

Sometimes I think success came to fast for this team for us to totally appreciate everything the Rams have done the last several years. I often wonder if things would have been different if we lost the SB in 1999 and won it 2001. Would we feel different, more a sense of accomplishment?? Not be so critical of errors and not be so judgmental.

One thing that always makes me feel better is when all the chips seem to be down is looking back on the Super Bowl victory. I told my wife I would die a happy man just seeing my team win that game. And no matter how bad things got in the future I would always appreciate what they did that season. I never in my wildest dreams, after the '90's, did I think that was possible in my lifetime.

Wraith, please don't take this personally, as the comments below are directed to the subject, not the the person I am replying to.

You can resent those comments if you like.

I realize that no matter how we feel we can not effect change on the organization. But I refuse to sit back and watch the potential be thrown away without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch old, washed-up, not needed players go to other teams and do well without asking why. I refuse to sit back and watch a coach make either the same mistakes every week or new variations on the same old mistakes without asking why?

And according to some, when I or others ask these questions, we are told in several different ways that we are not fans. We should be quiet as we are disturbing those that are afraid to ask the question why. And if we really feel this way, why do we still support the Rams or come to this board?

I have been a fan since the 70's. I have been through hell with this team. And recently, I thought that all those years of being patient, but still asking why, were finally going to be paid back. I can't even think of how to express the elation I had after the SB win. Just thinking of it gives me chills, makes my eye's mist up, and makes me smile.

But since then, I have sat back and watched the dismantling of a team. The mismanagement of a team. And I have to ask why... It is the only way I can get through it.

I too have friends that are not Rams fans. And I hear their abuse. You can look back in this forum and you will never see where I said the Rams suck. (Well, there have been a few posts during a fit of rage *ahem, Carolina game, ahem* where I might have said something like that. I know I said either that Martz sucks or is an idiot or both).

And I would hope that when I have come on here to ask why that I have done so rationally. But it is irrational for me to look at something that finally seemed to come together, something that was built for speed and built for the long haul, and watch it crumble so quickly.

Without asking why...

Wraith...

It's all good... We are all on the same side. We just all look at thing a little bit differently.
    This space for rent...

viper is offline Registered User

Well said RamWraith. I think we all have questions about our beloved Rams. Its how we express them that seems to be the difference. Some see the glass as half empty, I prefer to see the glass as half full. Most of us have agonized over the years with this team. But, even with the struggles this team has given me some of my greatest moments and memories of my life. They have been with me always as a passion, as the rest of my life comes and goes. I've always had my Rams. I am and always will be loyal to the core. Next week is just another opportunity to go kick some ***** a**!!! Now, go "getter done!!!

Go Rams!!!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: I'm not Impressed....

Does Mike Martz get anal tongue darts on Sundays from me? You Frikking bet.
    You ever have one of those moments when you are just walking along just minding your own business and someone runs into you without recourse or warning? This was another one of them ...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Kum-bah-ya, my Rams...

Kum-bah-yah...

Kum-bah-ya, my Rams...

Kum-bah-ya...

Kum-bah-ya, my Rams...

Kum-bah-ya....

Oh, Lord, Kum-bah-ya.

maineram is offline Registered User

Pass the Doritos & a tissue !!!!! ( sniffle, sniffle )

Maineram :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast