HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm just glad everyone is mad.

A 1 point loss last year would have been a game to celebrate.

This year everyone's torqued off about it.

I suppose that's a good sign.

Yes, some are being completely irrational and have absolutely no grip on reality, but still.......frustration is much better than apathy.

Now home for Carolina.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: I'm just glad everyone is mad.

Not mad, frustrated, at least in my case. A little frustrated with the forum too right now.

Much better year though.

dartbrandx is offline Registered User

I'm still pissed at what happened. I know it's better than last year. Then I had to watch the Raiders (my wife is a fan...yuk) put on a clinic on how to deliver an ass whipping.

But last year was last year. The carrot has been dangled out in front and I want it! Now if the NFL would just cut down the games to two quarters, we'd be set.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I was pissed at many of the close losses last year. It is frustrating giving games away. It is not a new feeling for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I tend to watch the games on game pass some 2-3 hours after the game is finished and so I don't see some of the instant reaction. I'd imagine that it wasn't flattering and further that it was voiced badly.

Without making a huge song and dance about it, its been a feature of the boards for some time and it tends to erupt on occasions like these. I guess its why I don't see many of the older posters much anymore and why I don't visit much myself.

Old timers eh?

Nevertheless, whilst I can accept its a sign or progress to be angry about the fashion in which we lost today, I'm deeply concerned about the emerging trend of the Rams offense failing to produce in the 2nd half. Any criticism or comment concerning that has merit and its something the coaching staff just have to address.

The contrast between 1st and 2nd halves just underlines the point in my view.

As many of you will know, I'm a glass-half-full guy most of the time and I'm hesitant to weigh in on specific individuals in what is a team game but I'm fairly sure that Shurmur himself will be asking some questions of himself and his unit at Rams Park this week.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    I tend to watch the games on game pass some 2-3 hours after the game is finished and so I don't see some of the instant reaction. I'd imagine that it wasn't flattering and further that it was voiced badly.

Without making a huge song and dance about it, its been a feature of the boards for some time and it tends to erupt on occasions like these. I guess its why I don't see many of the older posters much anymore and why I don't visit much myself.

Old timers eh?

Nevertheless, whilst I can accept its a sign or progress to be angry about the fashion in which we lost today, I'm deeply concerned about the emerging trend of the Rams offense failing to produce in the 2nd half. Any criticism or comment concerning that has merit and its something the coaching staff just have to address.

As many of you will know, I'm a glass-half-full guy most of the time and I'm hesitant to weigh in on specific individuals in what is a team game but I'm fairly sure that Shurmur himself will be asking some questions of himself and his unit at Rams Park this week.
    Nice post. I just can't believe some are ready to hang an offensive coordinator 7 games into a season, a season with a rookie QB and a battered receiving core.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Nice post. I just can't believe some are ready to hang an offensive coordinator 7 games into a season, a season with a rookie QB and a battered receiving core.
    I'm not ready to hang him after 7 games. I'm ready to hang him after 23 games of repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Also you can't really use "bad personnel" as a crutch when you don't go out and try to improve the personnel on the trading block.

*Here comes "But THE PLAN!!!! calls for us to completely rebuild through the draft."*

If THE PLAN!!!! is that inflexible, its a bad plan. Period.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    A 1 point loss last year would have been a game to celebrate.

This year everyone's torqued off about it.

I suppose that's a good sign.

Yes, some are being completely irrational and have absolutely no grip on reality, but still.......frustration is much better than apathy.

Now home for Carolina.
    Reminds me of the opening scene of Say Anything.

Lloyd Dobbler tells his two female best friends of his plan to pursue the beautiful and brilliant Diane Court. The discourage him, saying they don't want to see him get hurt, to which Lloyd replies "I want to get hurt!"

Better to be in the game and risk heartbreak then watching with disinterest from the sideline.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post

I agree. Thing is, during the Redskins game the offense was aggressive into the 4th quarter. They have been shown that it's a winning recipe and they reverted back to their former ways. I'd like to see them give Sam the opportunity to win the game, not just nurse it. Sam appears to be at his best when he's operating in a high energy offense (speedwise) and taking jabs at the offense, not absorbing jabs.

This will get fixed. The problem is that after the Panthers, this schedule is going to get a lot tougher.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I agree. Thing is, during the Redskins game the offense was aggressive into the 4th quarter. They have been shown that it's a winning recipe and they reverted back to their former ways. I'd like to see them give Sam the opportunity to win the game, not just nurse it. Sam appears to be at his best when he's operating in a high energy offense (speedwise) and taking jabs at the offense, not absorbing jabs.

This will get fixed. The problem is that after the Panthers, this schedule is going to get a lot tougher.
    I agree,the schedule does get tougher after the bye week thats why its frustrating when you let games like Sundays and the Raiders game get away,who knows we may have needed those wins at the end of this season to hit the playoffs,I know that may sound crazy but I really think the NFC is up for grabs this year or so it seems to this point.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I agree,the schedule does get tougher after the bye week thats why its frustrating when you let games like Sundays and the Raiders game get away,who knows we may have needed those wins at the end of this season to hit the playoffs,I know that may sound crazy but I really think the NFC is up for grabs this year or so it seems to this point.
    This is my way of thinking as well. It's tough to get over the ones that were winnable, but got away. Like jk, I don't think the playoffs are off the table, and the NFC West is clearly up for grabs. I like to aim high, that's just who I am. We need to win the close ones, and if we don't, it's going to continue to upset me in a big way.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]