Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By TorontoRam
  • 1 Post By RamsFanSam
  • 1 Post By TorontoRam

Thread: I'm New to Clanram Forum So Please Excuse Clumsiness: How about Austin Davis!

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

I'm New to Clanram Forum So Please Excuse Clumsiness: How about Austin Davis!

I was really impressed with his play, which seems to signal good things down the road and/or when he's needed in the event of an injury to Bradford. Since I'm just learning to sort through the posts, I didn't have a chance to see comments about the Rams cutting Clemens, which seemed to make sense given Davis' play during the pre-season and the fact that the Rams have a pretty good QB coach and O-Coordinator. It's great to be a part of this forum and I was grateful for the nice message that I received, I assume from one of the Admins, when I joined.
    Best Regards,
    TorontoRam
    Fargo Ram Fan and Tampa_Ram like this.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: I'm New to Clanram Forum So Please Excuse Clumsiness: How about Austin Davis!

Welcome aboard.

I know this will sound crazy, and he has a lot of developing to do, but for some reason I feel like we may say Davis during regular games here and there with some plays designed around him.

OK... go ahead and call me crazy. : )

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: I'm New to Clanram Forum So Please Excuse Clumsiness: How about Austin Davis!

Welcome to the Clam

Rambunctious you are crazy like a fox. Well see what the do with Davis. We did run one wild cat just to make the Lions work on it this week.

Les said all Davis does is make plays, I like the move. Our third QB game day emergency QB will be Hekker. LOL

One of the most interesting comments Fisher made about Hekker was: "He can throw, and that’s a big part of our punt team _ his ability to throw."

Fisher wasn’t kidding. From 1995 through 2005, punters threw 16 passes for Fisher’s Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans teams. Craig Hentrich, the pride of Alton Marquette High, threw all but one of those passes, completing 7 of 15 for 91 yards.

At Oregon State, Hekker completed four of five passes for 35 yards, and had a passer rating of 98.0.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

The kid looks sharp. Love his mobility and ability to throw on the run.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Trevor is offline Registered User

I can see it now, IF for some reason Sam Bradford does really horrible the first 8 games, the fans will be saying "Bring in Austin Davis".

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Welcome to the Clan

Hopefully Davis can step in if is needed, or someday trade him away like Kolb and get some nice return for him. Still early for all that though, for now i just hope he can do his role good.

We've gone through the revolving door of better than average, and sometimes down-right exciting, young QB, when we had a high priced starter (e.g. Bulger/Fitzpatrick; Bradford/Thad Lewis; Bradford/Davis), who could not get a fair shot because of the $$$$$ that the Rams had invested in the #1. I've been a big proponent of playing whomever seems to give you the best chance to win, although I know that's not the way it's done in the NFL especially with QBs. I remember when Fitzpatrick went in for the second half (I believe it was in Texas) and ran off 30 something points and won the game. I hope that Davis has a chance to show his stull, and it's encouraging to see him as the #2, which seems to indicate that Fisher is willing to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks for the kind welcome. I'm likeing this form already. Very nice people (do you ever have dust-ups?), which is refreshing. I hope they don't trade Davis because they may not need him this year but who knows what the future holds.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Oh we have our share of dust-ups... but in the end it's a family type dust-up where we still have dinner together later that night.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We have dust-ups, dust bunnies, dust storms, and dusty old farts that post on here.

Welcome to ClanRam!
    Rambunctious likes this.

In reply to both you and Rambunctious, glad to hear that. But as I get a bit older the dusty old fart moniker fits me to a tee and, while I don't mind dust-ups, it's good to hear that folks have 'dinner together,' even after a dust-up. I tend to avoid the more heated dust-ups but don't mind a good old fashioned difference of opinion when it's warranted. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to other folks, recognizing that I'm often enough incorrect or ill-informed or just plain wrong! And, even though I'm Irish I don't suffer from Irish Alzheimers ('Forgetting everything but the grudges').
    Rambunctious likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Davis showed enough in the pre-season to where the Rams knew there was no way he could make it through waivers without being claimed so if they wanted to keep him, it meant cutting the experienced Clemens. That's an impressive start of a career for the undrafted Davis. Now, let's hope he doesn't actually have to take snaps this season except for maybe mop-up duty when the Rams are up by 4 TD's

Actually he was a 'drafted' rookie (MLB). I'm joking but he was drafted by a MLB team for his baseball prowess. Let's hope his athleticism and his somewhat unconventional style (kinda reminds me of Brett Favre) might come in handy even if he has to step in an take Sam's place in non-mop-up situations. Kurt Warner did a 'passable' job when called upon to do so.