throwback week

LARAM is offline Registered User

I'm not buying it yet

I didn't see the game last week against !@#*, But from what I heard the defense played good.

We'll I'm not buying it. They played against an average @#* team.......Look how bad the @!*# played against AZ the week before. How much offense was tallied up in week 1. Im not impressed with @&*!, which makes me all that more critical of the Rams performance

I'm gonna have to see at least a 6-8 game stretch, before I can give the Rams an above average grade for the Defense.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: I'm not buying it yet

I agree, I'm still on the fence. Hopefully the defense can improve.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

The whiners have gotten no worse on offense than they were last year, slightly better. Does that mean they have a potent offense? Not by any means with Smith at the helm. And except for one long run accounting for more than half of Gore's yardage we shut down the run. When is the last time we allowed a team under 100 yards rushing? That in itself is a small victory and something to get semi-excited about.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    The whiners have gotten no worse on offense than they were last year, slightly better. Does that mean they have a potent offense? Not by any means with Smith at the helm. And except for one long run accounting for more than half of Gore's yardage we shut down the run. When is the last time we allowed a team under 100 yards rushing? That in itself is a small victory and something to get semi-excited about.
    That is something to get semi-excited about. Gore is one of the premier backs in the league and our defense held him in check the whole game, except 1 run. What gives me hope is that for the most part we are pretty stout against the run in the middle. How long has it been since we've been able to say that? Most of the runs have been to the outside, especially in game 1. Those can be corrected by adjustments as was demonstrated to some degree in game 2. Not perfect by any means but there was an improvement over game 1.

We've all watched our inept defenses over the last few years get burned by the run again and again. So, I agree, I'll need to see us do it on a consistent basis before I'm going to completely believe it. But, from what I'ver seen so far, especially from our defensive line, I remain "cautiously optimistic".

Flaw Guest

I think cautiously optimistic is a good term viper.

We weren't playing a great offense, but remember we were also without our top 2 cornerbacks, and also Wroten. I think Clifton Ryan's performance alone is cause for semi-excitment (that doesn't sound right lol).

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The D line is improved; Carriker and Ryan have filled the holes in the middle. Hall has been a very good addition, so the D is moving in the right direction. They still have room for improvement, but it all starts up front. Let's see how they do this week.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey