Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I'm not going to do it...

  1. #1
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,494
    Rep Power
    167

    I'm not going to do it...

    In the past, I have fallen into the pattern of posting counter-points to the knee-jerk, thoughtless critical theories that certain fans feel the need to post when things go badly.

    I'm not going to do it this time. I don't have the patience or the energy to spar with the lunatic fringe this week.

    So, just to make sure I'm on record (on issues that have been raised, and might be raised):

    Yes, I think this season can still be salvaged.
    No, I don't think the Rams would be better off with Suh/McCoy over Bradford/Saffold.
    No, the problem at WR is not the absence of Henry Ellard as position coach.
    No, it would not solve the problem if Spags called out his players before the media.
    Yes, I do think its fair to say that Torrey Smith should have been considered in Round 2.
    No, I don't think its fair to criticize the Rams for failing to take a CB early when Bartell and Murphy were still healthy.
    No, I have not started to question whether Bradford can be a top-tier QB.
    No, I don't think Spags is about to be fired.
    Yes, I do think Jason Smith's apparent regression is a big concern.
    No, I don't think the Rams made a mistake investing in Harvey Dahl and Quintin Mikell.
    No, I don't think the Rams should have (or even could have) traded up to get Julio Jones.
    Yes, I do think the Rams will need to take a WR in Round 1 next year.
    No, I don't question Steven Jackson's durability or toughness.


  2. #2
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,411
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Either Dre' Kirkpatrick or Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery please.

  3. #3
    heff is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Wow... I agree completely with every single line of this.

    Only thing... I saw someone today bring up shopping Jackson and Jason Smith. Loyalty is hard to shirk, especially with what Jackson went through with this franchise, but in the long-run interest of this team. *shrug*...

  4. #4
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,137
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Good summary. I don't know how you or Nick or anyone has the patience to argue with some of the knuckleheads around here.

  5. #5
    Rampingitup is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    I often wonder how some of the people posting here are able to walk with all the knee jerking they do.

  6. #6
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Good summary. I don't know how you or Nick or anyone has the patience to argue with some of the knuckleheads around here.
    I agree.... to many fans play to much madden lol...

    Some people just can't see the big picture period.

  7. #7
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,193
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    My issue with the Rams comes down to one basic point: THEY'RE UNDERACHIEVING. It's NOT the draft picks, it's NOT the schemes, it's NOT Bradford, It's NOT the injuries.

    I will say this: when a team underachieves, that's a poor reflection of the coach/es. And I have coached for 20 years at the high school level, so I know of where I speak. Spags has to find a way to tap into the individual pride of every guy on this team to perform to his capabilities, or he will pay for it with his job.

    Fact.
    ManofGod and svh01 like this.

  8. #8
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    My issue with the Rams comes down to one basic point: THEY'RE UNDERACHIEVING. It's NOT the draft picks, it's NOT the schemes, it's NOT Bradford, It's NOT the injuries.

    I will say this: when a team underachieves, that's a poor reflection of the coach/es. And I have coached for 20 years at the high school level, so I know of where I speak. Spags has to find a way to tap into the individual pride of every guy on this team to perform to his capabilities, or he will pay for it with his job.

    Fact.
    At the moment Id have to give the team a pass on offense, the Rams are so young and the lockout has hurt the Rams especially.? The D though is another matter entirely, they are underachieving alright.! Spags needs to show more on gamedays, because at the moment I see the Rams being outcoached when the Rams are on defense, this is a big worry, and doesnt say much for Spags as a defensive coach. It is only week three, so lets not go overboard just yet. Lets see if they can bounce back, the ball is in Spags court, and all eyes are on him now.?
    GO RAMS
    ManofGod likes this.

  9. #9
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    My issue with the Rams comes down to one basic point: THEY'RE UNDERACHIEVING. It's NOT the draft picks, it's NOT the schemes, it's NOT Bradford, It's NOT the injuries.

    I will say this: when a team underachieves, that's a poor reflection of the coach/es. And I have coached for 20 years at the high school level, so I know of where I speak. Spags has to find a way to tap into the individual pride of every guy on this team to perform to his capabilities, or he will pay for it with his job.

    Fact.
    Are you really saying Spags has lost this team? He can't motivate them to play better? I have yet to see a Spags team quit on him really have not seen it...

    This team is young, really young from the QB to both LT some of the WR are young are TE's young...

    It's called growing pains.... Sunday we got handled period it happens... but in the first two games we where in both and mistakes from young players took it's toll.

    The leader of the team has not really played this year and that's SJ...

    We are very young team hey we may have overachieved last year... talk to me after Spags has had this team for 5 years!

  10. #10
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,155
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    I do know this: There are alot of sprained ankles here at the Clan from all of the non-believers jumping off of the bandwagon!
    HUbison and Nick like this.

  11. #11
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    We were a younger team last year....and we looked better.
    ManofGod likes this.

  12. #12
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,411
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    We were a younger team last year....and we looked better.
    I agree, but at the same time do you forget who we played last year? Other than that, yes we did look a lot better last year. Hopefully we can get beyond that this season.

  13. #13
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,193
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Read today's "Bernie Bytes"- specifically the part about the lack of fight the Rams have shown. Also read the laundry list of other teams who have faced as much adversity as the Rams in recent years and the efforts they've shown. Then tell me criticism and disappointment is unjustified. Read this column and tell me you're not alarmed. The glass isn't anywhere near half full. And give me a break with the youth and inexperience nonsense- every year it's the same refrain; "injuries" "we're young" "it's a new system", "we're rebuilding" "it's a tough schedule", "the lockout hurt us" blah, blah, blah. Insert your excuse here________. When will it end? When are we finally going to have a team that plays something resembling the game of football on a game in game out basis?

    And as far as "Spags having this team for 5 years", he won't have that luxury if the Rams don't start showing something in a hurry.

  14. #14
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,965
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Read today's "Bernie Bytes"- specifically the part about the lack of fight the Rams have shown. Also read the laundry list of other teams who have faced as much adversity as the Rams in recent years and the efforts they've shown. Then tell me criticism and disappointment is unjustified. Read this column and tell me you're not alarmed. The glass isn't anywhere near half full. And give me a break with the youth and inexperience nonsense- every year it's the same refrain; "injuries" "we're young" "it's a new system", "we're rebuilding" "it's a tough schedule", "the lockout hurt us" blah, blah, blah. Insert your excuse here________. When will it end? When are we finally going to have a team that plays something resembling the game of football on a game in game out basis?

    And as far as "Spags having this team for 5 years", he won't have that luxury if the Rams don't start showing something in a hurry.

    I don't know when it's going to end.... lets see before we went on a roll and became the greatest show.. we where the second worst team of the 90's. Do you recall that?

    So no one really knows when it will end for sure... but only you know if you will be a Rams fan to enjoy it? Sounds like you have had enough....

  15. #15
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,193
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: I'm not going to do it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I don't know when it's going to end.... lets see before we went on a roll and became the greatest show.. we where the second worst team of the 90's. Do you recall that?

    So no one really knows when it will end for sure... but only you know if you will be a Rams fan to enjoy it? Sounds like you have had enough....
    One doesn't just "quit being a fan", but I'm getting to the point where I won't subject myself to this weekly sh** show I thought we got past after last season. To wit:

    1990- 5-11
    1991- 3-13
    1992- 6-10
    1993- 5-11
    1994- 4-12
    1995- 7-9
    1996- 6-10
    1997- 5-11
    1998- 4-12
    1999- 13-3
    2000- 10-6
    2001- 14-2
    2002- 7-9
    2003- 12-4
    2004- 8-8
    2005- 6-10
    2006- 8-8
    2007- 3-13
    2008- 2-14
    2009- 1-15
    2010- 7-9
    2011- 0-3 *

    Excluding this pathetic start to the 2011 season, in the last 21 years, the Rams have had 15 losing seasons- 6 times winning 4 games or less-, two .500 seasons and only 4 winning years. It took a catastrophic injury to Trent Green for us to discover Kurt Warner almost by mistake. Forgive me for being a skeptic. It's about time this franchise start putting some winning seasons together and stop the circus act.
    majorram, ManofGod, svh01 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •