sbramfan Guest

I'm not impressed with the available FA

Maybe it's just me, but I've reviewed the top 50 players and it looks like we will be overpaying for some average Linebackers and Safeties and will be mediocre again next year.

Especially since some team will overpay for our 3 FA's and we'll probably need to back fill those guys as well.

I know this is a negative post, but this whole CBA has screwed the Rams, in my opinion. The problem is that the extra money we have is in no way as valuable as the fact that teams that had no money now have some and are in the mix.

My only hope is: Retain Bruce, sign Lavar Arrington, and draft Huff, Hawk or Vernon Davis.

Otherwise, it's just ho hum.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: I'm not impressed with the available FA

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I know this is a negative post, but this whole CBA has screwed the Rams, in my opinion. The problem is that the extra money we have is in no way as valuable as the fact that teams that had no money now have some and are in the mix.
    So you would rather have no deal and possibly have a strike in a couple of years? I don't think so. The CBA is good for the NFL which in turn is good for the Rams period.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I'm not impressed with the available FA

looks like we will be overpaying for some average Linebackers
    sign Lavar Arrington
    If we sign Lavar Arrington, I guarantee we will overpay for an average linebacker.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod