Bradford - 92/158, 58.2%, 944 yards, 6 TD, 6 int., 72.3 rating
    Sanchez - 63/110, 57.3%, 744 yards, 4 TD, 5 int., 71.2 rating
    Ryan - 55/105, 52.4%, 669 yards, 2 TD, 2 int., 70.7 rating
    Stafford - 79/139, 56.8%, 894 yards, 3 TD, 6 int., 65.5 rating
    Flacco - 62/106, 58.5%, 603 yards, 1 TD, 4 int., 62.0 rating
    Palmer - 84/154, 54.6%, 875 yards, 3 TD, 7 int., 58.8 rating
    Manning - 81/146, 55.5%, 992 yards, 3 TD, 11 int., 52.1 rating
    Young - 34/74, 46.0%, 351 yards, 2 TD, 4 int., 46.7 rating

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: I'm not sayin', I'm just....sayin'

Still bottom of barrel when it comes to Yards per Completion...

Bradford has been great, I mean really great, but needs to improve in 3 areas.

1. TD:Int ratio (just less INTS overall)

2. Yards per pass (Pat has to open in up more for him)

3. Escape the sack (only 5 QB's sacked more, our OLine is playing well)

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think "everything we hoped he could be" is the cliche you're looking for.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know did any of us think Bradford would be this good right out of the gate?

Bottom line for me is that BRADFORD is the MAN!

GO RAMS!!!!

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Still bottom of barrel when it comes to Yards per Completion...

Bradford has been great, I mean really great, but needs to improve in 3 areas.

1. TD:Int ratio (just less INTS overall)

2. Yards per pass (Pat has to open in up more for him)

3. Escape the sack (only 5 QB's sacked more, our OLine is playing well)
    1. Definitely needs to improve in this area & I believe he realizes this & is working hard on this & will improve. Typical rookie mistakes especially since he is throwing a bit more than a typical rookie.

2. WCO combined with Shurmer's limited play-calling & lack of a pure deep threat as of yet have kept the ratio down. But I believe this also is building the kids confidence to compete in this league.

3. The fact that every team is trying to rattle this kid & throw all kinds of blitzes at him, some conventional & some not has me believing that this will also improve as he gets more respect from the opponents we play, also mixing in some more runs will also help.

Bottom line its all a learning curve & Bradford looks to be on the fast track which is great for us Ram fans.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

keep on sayin. I mean keep on not sayin. Nevermind.

It's a shame Bradford doesn't have footwork to get back from center.
    Horrific at reading defense (so THAT'S why the coaches were always doing that for him)
    weak arm and that shoulder injury will mean he's never healthy
    He is only good because he has so much talent around him.

That's what we'd be saying if Bradford was the player people said he was.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

wow! thanks Hub.

i'm surprised most post responses are more concerned about how and where he needs to improve. Of course he has a lot of spots to improve, he's a rookie after all! But i'll take the "just sayin" approach and look at them simply as a barometer.

so he's got the best td/int ratio (tied with Ryan who had a rb in Turner EXPLODE his rookie year so he didn't have to pass as much); he's got the best passer rating; and he's right up there in completion %.

not a bad start by any means.

Go Rams! practice, play, win, repeat. bout 12 more reps ought to be good

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Key Stat Your Forgetting = 2 Wins

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Lets not forget that he has a 92 Qb rating on third down, and on 3rd and 8 or longer he has a 114 rating. What a man.

richtree is offline Registered User

Not to mention it felt good rocking the #8 Jersey this week out in Dirty Jerzey for the game.....Win, Win, Win !!!

Soonerlife is offline Registered User

I watched this kid play from high school through college. He is simply an athlete. Kid was big time in basketball, baseball, hockey, golf and football. He is also a student of the game. He redshirted his first year at OU and was in a battle for the starting job that following summer. Many around here wasn't sure they wanted him to be the QB. He never backed down, never questioned himself and just got better and better. The things that were said about him pre-draft were simply not true.

50% of his plays at OU were under center. Yes they run a "meerkat" offense at OU. Get to the line and look to the sidelines. But Sam was known to go through his progressions. They said he wasn't mobile. To me he was mobile, I see it all the time in the NFL, a QB feels pressure takes a step or two up or back left or right buys some time and makes the throw. To me that shows mobility and pocket presence.

The injury prone thing always made me laugh too, he got a concussion his first year on a freak knee to the back of the head, missed that game only. Tore up the shoulder first game of the season and probably should have had the surgery then but tried to play again vs Texass and banged it again, same shoulder same injury.

End of the day he is going to be a very very good NFL qb. I think you got a player you can build around. Give him a weapon on the outside, things will only get better.

On a side note it is very nice to see how welcomed he has been coming to the Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Comparison of recent starting rookie QBs after 4 games:

Bradford - 92/158, 58.2%, 944 yards, 6 TD, 6 int., 72.3 rating
    Sanchez - 63/110, 57.3%, 744 yards, 4 TD, 5 int., 71.2 rating
    Ryan - 55/105, 52.4%, 669 yards, 2 TD, 2 int., 70.7 rating
    Stafford - 79/139, 56.8%, 894 yards, 3 TD, 6 int., 65.5 rating
    Flacco - 62/106, 58.5%, 603 yards, 1 TD, 4 int., 62.0 rating
    Palmer - 84/154, 54.6%, 875 yards, 3 TD, 7 int., 58.8 rating
    Manning - 81/146, 55.5%, 992 yards, 3 TD, 11 int., 52.1 rating
    Young - 34/74, 46.0%, 351 yards, 2 TD, 4 int., 46.7 rating
    Pretty darn good. I have to say, I simply did not expect him to come out of the gate as well as he has. Hopefully he can keep this up; it's certainly looked like he's gotten more and more comfortable as every week has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    I watched this kid play from high school through college. He is simply an athlete. Kid was big time in basketball, baseball, hockey, golf and football. He is also a student of the game. He redshirted his first year at OU and was in a battle for the starting job that following summer. Many around here wasn't sure they wanted him to be the QB. He never backed down, never questioned himself and just got better and better. The things that were said about him pre-draft were simply not true.

50% of his plays at OU were under center. Yes they run a "meerkat" offense at OU. Get to the line and look to the sidelines. But Sam was known to go through his progressions. They said he wasn't mobile. To me he was mobile, I see it all the time in the NFL, a QB feels pressure takes a step or two up or back left or right buys some time and makes the throw. To me that shows mobility and pocket presence.

The injury prone thing always made me laugh too, he got a concussion his first year on a freak knee to the back of the head, missed that game only. Tore up the shoulder first game of the season and probably should have had the surgery then but tried to play again vs Texass and banged it again, same shoulder same injury.

End of the day he is going to be a very very good NFL qb. I think you got a player you can build around. Give him a weapon on the outside, things will only get better.

On a side note it is very nice to see how welcomed he has been coming to the Rams
    I'm not trying to reopen old discussions, so I'm going to leave your paragraph about the injuries alone aside from saying I think it was a pretty valid concern when evaluating him. However, this is the second time I've seen the "under center" statement incorrectly repeated, so I thought I'd try to correct it based on the information I've seen.

Sam has stated that he was under center for more than 50% of the time during his freshman year, not during his entire career. In fact, in his first Rams chat on the official site, Sam guessed that the percentage of attempts from under center for his sophomore year was down to 30-35%. ESPN's analysis of his limited snaps in 2009 revealed only one pass attempt from under center. It was enough of an issue for head coach Steve Spagnuolo to say of Bradford, "Taking a snap from center was new; he ran a lot of shotgun in college."

But I agree with your final statement - all signs are pointing to him being a very good quarterback for this franchise, which is great news. Hopefully the Rams continue to build around him and give him the pieces to become a successful player at the NFL level!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Soonerram8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post

Echo as well. Played along sid eim in high school. The guy is mature beyond years. When most of us were partying he was praying...... i'm just sayin. Kid has it going on. Just kiding about the praying. He does that but knows how to have a life as well. Anyway

On a side note soonerlife. If anyone wants to see a non mobile QB go watch Landry Jones at OU. Guy looks like he is stuck between a cop and a donut shop.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford is WAY ahead of the learning curve and has opponents and their fans worried that he's going to be a problem for them long into the future. Has anyone heard Bradford spoken of in anything less that glowing terms??

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not trying to reopen old discussions, so I'm going to leave your paragraph about the injuries alone aside from saying I think it was a pretty valid concern when evaluating him. However, this is the second time I've seen the "under center" statement incorrectly repeated, so I thought I'd try to correct it based on the information I've seen.

Sam has stated that he was under center for more than 50% of the time during his freshman year, not during his entire career. In fact, in his first Rams chat on the official site, Sam guessed that the percentage of attempts from under center for his sophomore year was down to 30-35%. ESPN's analysis of his limited snaps in 2009 revealed only one pass attempt from under center. It was enough of an issue for head coach Steve Spagnuolo to say of Bradford, "Taking a snap from center was new; he ran a lot of shotgun in college."
    It was an issue I never understood. As though from age 18-22 was the only time a quarterback could learn to take a snap under center, and if he didn't do it then, he was incapable from there on out of doing it properly. If taking snaps under center was the deciding factor of one QB over another in a draft, then that team needs to re-evaluate their draft strategy.

As a side note to that, Mr. expert-under-center Jimmy Clausen fumbled his third snap under center in the NFL. He also muffed a handoff after taking the snap under center. Wasn't he supposed to have that stuff down pat? NFL ready as I recall.

My point only being the under center argument is a little silly. Spagnolo concerned? Yea, enough to make sure Bradford worked on it. That's about the extent the concern should have ever had. Never should it have been cited as a reason why maybe he shouldn't be drafted. That is my opinion at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast