Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm predicting a shootout Sunday

This Sundays game at Arizona our offense is going to wake-up.

Why?

The Arizona Cardinals defense is okay but nothing to write home about.

They rank 13th against the run (allowing 3.8 yards per rush)
    They rank 17th against the pass (allowing 7.2 yards per completion)
    They allow an opposing QB rate of 97.5.
    They have allowed a total 313 points for an average of 26.1 points per game.

Their offense has been carrying them. The last two weeks the Eagles and Giants shut down Arizona's running game and invited them to throw the ball.
    Against the Eagles the Cardinals ran the ball 10 times for 25 yards and they didn't sack Warner even one time. The Giants held the Cardinals to 23 yards on 15 carries and they only sacked Warner once. Yet both the Eagles and the Giants layed a beating on the Cardinals.

Are we at the same level as the Giants or Eagles? NO

But hopefully our Coaching staff is smart enough to see what works at least as far as a defensive game plan goes.

Again,

Our offense is going to wake-up this Sunday.

We have been very ineffective at getting into the endzone from anywhere on the field. Well that changes this Sunday for 2 reasons.

1. Steven Jackson is back. His effect on our offense is huge. Both from a rushing and passing stand point. The opposing defense has to account for Jackson's every move. Thus opening up opportunities for other playmakers to do their thing.

2. The "LAW OF AVERAGES" is on our side.
    Our team has scored 13 touchdowns this season and 1 of those was by our defense. The league average for total touchdowns scored this season is 31.

It's time for our touchdown numbers to move in the right direction and that is up.

Call me crazy but I like our chances....!!!!

RAMS 38 Cardinals 35

ps- There's plenty of KOOL-AID available.
    Last edited by laram0; -12-04-2008 at 01:11 PM.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: I'm predicting a shootout Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    But hopefully our Coaching staff is smart enough to see what works at least as far as a defensive game plan goes.

If they haven't been smart enough in the last 5 1/2 games, what makes you think that they will this time?
    But hey, anygiven sunday . . . what were our chances against the Redskins?
    Last edited by NY RAMFAN; -12-04-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Truth is offline Registered User

If we could just stop bringing squirt guns to the the shootouts.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

I don't think so, even though I know that the cards D is lacking. Passing game is where you get your points, it is more likely if we stay in this game it will be because we can run and keep them off the field. We do not have the fire power to air it out against them.
    :ramlogo:

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

A shootout? Throw out the Cowboy game and this team is scoring, on the average, 11 points per game. The last time these two teams met, the score was 34-13, in our house?

Shootout? No, I think not. ...more like a wipeout. The Cards can play with no pressure to win, at home. As much as I'd like to have hope, the Rams have little to no change to win this game. Jackson will help, but unless Warner has one of his worse games of the year and Bulger has his best, there is little hope here, I'm afraid.

Never thought I'd say that about a game against the Cards. How sad has it become?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

onetufram is offline Registered User

are you crazy a shootout, we couldnt beat a college team let alone a NFC leading team plus dont forget we baby bulger and the cardinals have a REAL QUARTERBACK remember WARNER

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

you thinking they'll be wearing sweatpants and causing self-inflicted injuries?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Well, I backed out of driving to this game because I'm expecting to lose.

Will I feel like a fool when the Rams win? Of course I will. Happy will be the overwhelming mood, but dumb for not going.

Will I be suprised if the Rams lose this one? No.

I just hope they play good and stay close. Like last week. They stayed close and I was happy.

Hope Long gets to meet Kurt Warner...

GO RAMS

shower beers is offline Registered User

Maybe we'll match their number of touchdowns will our number of field goals/failed red zone attempts, but I can't see us going toe to toe with these guys, who are essentially playing for byes and home field at this point.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Why?

Their offense has been carrying them. The last two weeks the Eagles and Giants shut down Arizona's running game and invited them to throw the ball.
    Against the Eagles the Cardinals ran the ball 10 times for 25 yards and they didn't sack Warner even one time. The Giants held the Cardinals to 23 yards on 15 carries and they only sacked Warner once. Yet both the Eagles and the Giants layed a beating on the Cardinals.

Again,

We have been very ineffective at getting into the endzone from anywhere on the field. Well that changes this Sunday for 2 reasons.

1. Steven Jackson is back. His effect on our offense is huge. Both from a rushing and passing stand point. The opposing defense has to account for Jackson's every move. Thus opening up opportunities for other playmakers to do their thing.

Our team has scored 13 touchdowns this season and 1 of those was by our defense. The league average for total touchdowns scored this season is 31.

It's time for our touchdown numbers to move in the right direction and that is up.

RAMS 38 Cardinals 35

LOL thaks fam i needed a laugh today

Pass me a bucket of that KOOL-AID , I think I will need it .......

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Well, I backed out of driving to this game because I'm expecting to lose.

Will I feel like a fool when the Rams win? Of course I will. Happy will be the overwhelming mood, but dumb for not going.

Will I be suprised if the Rams lose this one? No.

I just hope they play good and stay close. Like last week. They stayed close and I was happy.

Hope Long gets to meet Kurt Warner...

GO RAMS
    That is how I felt before the redskin game, but I got a call and good tickets were available so we went and that was a good game to go to.

I don't which games will be good this year. It seems that most are blowouts in the other teams favor. The cards did win 34-14 last time and Steven Jackson even played in that game. I have a hard time believing that our offense will be able to score lots of points this week in Arizona.

Please pass the kool-aid. I want to believe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Why?

Again,

RAMS 38 Cardinals 35

These numbers truly are a prime example of how a good offense can make a pretty mediocre defense look much better than it actually is. Some poster on this board, forgive me for not remembering who it is, commented that they didn't necessarily think our defense played extremely better against Miami, but that our ball control offense really helped support the defense. And this is absolutely correct. Fundamentally, our D did play better against Miami. We tackled better, we played the ball better, and we didn't give up the huge chunks of yards, that being 20+ yard plays, that we had in previous weeks ...

So what does this have to do with anything? Well, I'd venture to believe in more than half the cases in the league, our you instilled our offense on most teams, their defenses would be horrible. If you replaced the Cards offense with our offense, they'd probably give up 400 YPG and 35 PPG. Fact is, they control the ball with their passing offense. You watch the Cards play, and you'll see their passing game basically is their running game. They throw alot of short and intermediate passes that help control the tempo. Nothing special at all about that defense, and the fact that they give up 26.1 PPG and barely over 310 YPG is a tribute to how soft they are in the red zone.

If we can control the tempo like we did against Miami at times, and get pressure on Kurt, this is a winnable game. Kurt has not played well the past couple of weeks, and the lack of running game is beginning to allow other teams to key on Boldin and Fitz. No matter how good that duo is, if you double team both of them, there is going to be problems ...

I don't know what are chances are in this game, but if we can hold their running game to the standard they are used to, I think we have a shot. Bolding and Fitz didn't kill us in the first game, it was allowing Hightower and Urban to get big plays that killed our chances ...

If we can play a game similar to what we did in Miami, and avoid the turnovers, we'll be right in there at the end of the game. Seems like a steady dose of S.J. is in order to me ...

My next post is my 1000th, does that mean I need to make it good??
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -12-05-2008 at 11:54 AM.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

When I saw the title of the thread , I thought that O.J. and Plaxico must be having a night out on the town together!

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Well, I haven't been around much to comment on this dismal season, and No Im not a Bandwagon good times only Ram Fan,,,I will always be a ram fan, But I'm figuring if I cant say positive, I won't say it,,,

Its gonna be the Cardinals all the way......

NEXT year...any player not showing for Camp, Just get in your Hummer and GTF down the road...

The talent level we bring to the field..we should be 16-0

I'm so cocked about this years team, Im ready to Fire everyone.....

Dismal is too delicate a word...

I love my Rams, and thank god we beat the ravens in preseason, and Dallas and Washington in regular,,,or these ass wipes would be allover me here in the DC area........
    Im wearing my Rams Jersey every Sunday, my Flag is out every sunday, IM a fan all the way...THIS YEAR they really let us down!

One of the Faithful Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast