BirdKC is offline Registered User

I'm scared of Torry Holt

Greetings from a Chiefs fan.

I'm definately looking forward to this next game between the Chiefs and the Rams. This could be the start of a downward spiral for both teams...

I'm seeing a shootout, possibly. The chiefs defense has played pretty well this year, but have given up some big plays (perhaps too many blitzes).

Here's a few things you can count on:

-Rams do not stop Larry Johnson
    -Chiefs give up big plays to Holt
    -Tamba Hali has a big day
    -Steven Jackson gets about 75 yards.

I saw I thread on how to stop Larry Johnson. I don't think the rams are going to be able to stop him when he gets the ball. I would recommend eating up as much clock as possible to keep LJ off the field. The offense has finally hit it's stride, and if the rams don't create turnovers, the chiefs offense will eat up clock all game.

I feel the chiefs will win a close one. (Of course, this is through red and gold goggles). I have no doubt that 90% of rams fans feel that Rams will win this game. I don't blame you. Afterall, Rams are playing at home and chiefs have had some problems on the road.

It may come down to who wants it more...either way, it will be a good game.

Lets hope for no injuries!

stlramman is offline Registered User

Smile Re: I'm scared of Torry Holt

hello chief fan.well i am scared of Lj! hopefully we can do a better job than against Lt,those two imo are the 2 best rbs in the league today.how is trent green coming along? curious to see if it will be green or huard at qb for you guys.i am expecting a dogfight sunday,more than likely a nailbiter like most Rams games have been this year.and my blue & gold glasses have the Rams winning a close one @ home.heres hoping for a good injury free game and of course a Rams win!!!

BirdKC is offline Registered User

Re: I'm scared of Torry Holt

Quote Originally Posted by stlramman View Post
    hello chief fan.well i am scared of Lj! hopefully we can do a better job than against Lt,those two imo are the 2 best rbs in the league today.how is trent green coming along? curious to see if it will be green or huard at qb for you guys.i am expecting a dogfight sunday,more than likely a nailbiter like most Rams games have been this year.and my blue & gold glasses have the Rams winning a close one @ home.heres hoping for a good injury free game and of course a Rams win!!!
    Huard will start. Green is practicing with the team, but hasn't been cleared to play. (I think next week he will play).

I forgot to mention Bulger... that guy is kind of like a Trent Green... puts up great numbers...is consistent..but doesn't get any love from ESPN and co...

Also, Holt is the most underrated and underappreciated WR in the league, hands down. I'd take him over moss and T.O. anyday.

stlramman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BirdKC View Post
    Huard will start. Green is practicing with the team, but hasn't been cleared to play. (I think next week he will play).

I forgot to mention Bulger... that guy is kind of like a Trent Green... puts up great numbers...is consistent..but doesn't get any love from ESPN and co...

Also, Holt is the most underrated and underappreciated WR in the league, hands down. I'd take him over moss and T.O. anyday.
    you have got that right about bulger & green.two guys who get it done but you never hear about.and holt imo is the best wr in the game.this should be a really good hard fought game that i am really looking forward to.the chiefs seem to always give the Rams problems so i am really glad this one is at home which im thinking will be the difference in the game.and hey the old Ram cast off kennison sure has been a consistent wr for you guys,seems like he has really played well with kc.i am happy for eddie but he needs to be real quiet this week lol.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BirdKC View Post
    Greetings from a Chiefs fan.

Here's a few things you can count on:

-Rams do not stop Larry Johnson
    -Chiefs give up big plays to Holt
    -Tamba Hali has a big day
    -Steven Jackson gets about 75 yards.
    Welcome to the Clan, oh and thanks for kicking Seattle's ass. Much appreciated around here

Larry Johnson will be a problem for us, he will have a fairly big day I think. I'm not scared of the Chiefs' defense though (including Hali), I think we should score points on them, when we manage to put 24 on the Chargers defense which is much better we should get at least that and a good chance for more against KC. Stopping your offense will be much harder, as said Johnson should have a good day, so I think it may come down to how effective Huard can be. I'm not impressed with either our pass rush or our coverage, so there should be pass plays out there to be made (just DON'T tell Huard to look for Fisher's hair then look 5-10 yards beneath for the easy 10-15 yard completion, that's the secret to our defense :x ). Anyhow I don't know much about Huard so it will be interesting to see what he's got, and as I said I think you'll be moving the ball on the ground so if Huard plays well too I think we might see a shootout here.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

These 2 teams are pretty evenly matched IMO. The difference will be KC doesn't play all that well on the road and the Rams are very tough at the Dome. I see a high scoring game with the Rams winning. Steven Jackson will have more than 75 yards in this one. He's due to have a break out game above and beyond the games he's played in so far this season.

:r

airmech35 is offline Registered User

This one will be a shootout. Homefield advantage will help the rams win this one. San Diego game would have been much closer if the rams hadn't fumbled. I think they played tough considering defense is in rebuilding year and is without playmaker tinoisamoa. If offense can continue their scoring ways (24 pts. against san diego- could have been 27 or 31), and defense makes some stops, then this game comes down to turnovers and special teams. At home, rams win this one by 5 or less.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I love me some Holt

Something like that