Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I'm sick and tired............

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm sick and tired............

.....of reading and hearing all the things our RAMS have to do to stop RGIII and the Redskins. All this hype and the surprise victory by the Skins over the Saints have the media pegging the Skins as the next best thing since sliced bread! Rams have to do this, have to do that. It's like a given that the Skins are going to come into our house and kill us!!!! I'm sick and tired of it.

How about what the Skins have to do to stop us? How about Sam Bradford, Steven Jackson, James Lauranitis, Chris Long, Cortland Finnegan etc etc etc....What? Our team is just going to roll over and play dead?! We have no offense, no defense, no nothing!!!

It's disgusting! Any of the media remember we laid a beating on the Saints last season with a back-up QB no less??? Huh? Do they? Obviously not!!! Sickening!!!!

Let's go RAMS it's time to make a statement!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Re: I'm sick and tired............

I agree, the Skins are being over-hyped, particularly RGIII (after only one game). At the same time, the Rams are still the doormats of the NFL until they prove otherwise. They still haven't put all my fears to rest about not being terrible. Lets hope that changes this week.

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

The reality is the Rams finished with just 2 wins last year. And while they may have added some pieces on defense, practically nothing on offense, and got a new head coach, they will have to prove themselves to be better.

Last year the Lions averaged 396 yards and 29.6 points per game of offense last year. The Rams still gave up 429 yards of offense and 27 points. The Rams defense finished 22, averaging 25.4 points and 358.4 yards per game. Statistically, the defense didn't improve. Obviously it's ONLY one game - duh, but the point I am making is the Rams didn't do anything from last year to make anyone think differently.

The Redskins on the other hand, was able to contain Drew Brees for most of a whole game, allowing a bulk of points and yards in the last minutes of the fourth quarter and sacked Brees twice and picked him off twice (once being a Hail Mary). FORGET about the offense, the Redskins answered a lot of questions about their defense.

Offensively, they had a rookie starting and had a great outing. Sure, I admit - the Saints have a bad defense. But it's still an NFL team...a good NFL team. You can't completely dismiss what RG3 did for your own benefit. HE MADE the calls at the line of those short passes (Shanahan accredited him with that after the game). The dumpoffs and short throws were something he dialed up because that's what the defense dictated. He is LIGHT YEARS ahead of most rookies from the mental aspect - this can't be understated. He is already recognizing defenses and making calls at the line. Has he completely arrived? No. But to simply say "he is a rookie" is silly. I am willing to bet he is a better QB than some second year guys and some journeymen who are starting.

While the media maybe over hyping the Redskins, which they are, I see a lot of Rams fans NOT giving any credit to the Redskins and what they bring.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    He is LIGHT YEARS ahead of most rookies from the mental aspect - this can't be understated. He is already recognizing defenses and making calls at the line. Has he completely arrived? No. But to simply say "he is a rookie" is silly. I am willing to bet he is a better QB than some second year guys and some journeymen who are starting.

While the media maybe over hyping the Redskins, which they are, I see a lot of Rams fans NOT giving any credit to the Redskins and what they bring.
    ONE game proves RGlll is "LIGHT YEARS ahead of most rookies from the mental aspect"?? Really? Saying he is a rookie is silly? Guess what, he IS a rookie, with a total of ONE game under his belt. He hasn't proven anything. Maybe we should let him play a few more games before we anoint him the second coming.

I say bring it on Washington.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

When Janoris gets his second INT in two games, I will be very satisfied with the trade we made while we're still waiting on the rewards of two more ones in the years to come.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

The reality is the Rams finished with just 2 wins last year. And while they may have added some pieces on defense, practically nothing on offense, and got a new head coach, they will have to prove themselves to be better.

Last year the Lions averaged 396 yards and 29.6 points per game of offense last year. The Rams still gave up 429 yards of offense and 27 points. The Rams defense finished 22, averaging 25.4 points and 358.4 yards per game. Statistically, the defense didn't improve. Obviously it's ONLY one game - duh, but the point I am making is the Rams didn't do anything from last year to make anyone think differently.

The Redskins on the other hand, was able to contain Drew Brees for most of a whole game, allowing a bulk of points and yards in the last minutes of the fourth quarter and sacked Brees twice and picked him off twice (once being a Hail Mary). FORGET about the offense, the Redskins answered a lot of questions about their defense.

Offensively, they had a rookie starting and had a great outing. Sure, I admit - the Saints have a bad defense. But it's still an NFL team...a good NFL team. You can't completely dismiss what RG3 did for your own benefit. HE MADE the calls at the line of those short passes (Shanahan accredited him with that after the game). The dumpoffs and short throws were something he dialed up because that's what the defense dictated. He is LIGHT YEARS ahead of most rookies from the mental aspect - this can't be understated. He is already recognizing defenses and making calls at the line. Has he completely arrived? No. But to simply say "he is a rookie" is silly. I am willing to bet he is a better QB than some second year guys and some journeymen who are starting.

One of the two wins was vs NO & even without Bradford, The Rams won handily. Seems like The Saints are good for a game or two like that every year. This is not to say that The Skins didn't take full advantage but so did The Rams.And plenty of folks around the NFL took notice of what The Rams D accomplished vs DET.And that was without our first round pick DT Brockers, who looks like a difference maker. And 3 of the other DTs also out injured. And we lost both our starting LT & Pro Bowl center during the game. You need to read more.

I agree that what The Rams added on offense hasn't shown up yet but,unlike you, we don't count our chickens,etc. Iin various posts this week, you've raved about your roster from top to bottom. Based on what ? one game ? pre-season ? This is a serious & fair-minded board.We'll talk frankly about our teams strengths AND weaknesses & know the difference between facts and projections. You undermine your credibility by being such a homer.

It's been repeatedly said here that RGIII did a lot of good things in that game. Nobody's disputing that he's a special talent who was exceptionally poised for a rookie & flashed his talent on a number of occasions but he also looked like a rookie at times.Maybe WASH is too strong , esp on the lines, for The Rams to handle this week but there are going to be some seriously rough days for him this year ( Believe us; been there) and I don't know that your secondary & Haslett's scheme( believe us; been there) will protect him enough for it to be a fairytale year. It's far too early to say but, at a guess, somewhere between Ryan's rookie year & Sam's seems about right.

Contained Brees? I call BS. Brees drove 80 yds for a TD & had another taken way by Cedric Griffen's forced fumble in the first half.Great play but how is that "containing Brees"? And you make it sound like he piled up garbage yards at the end when he actually converted two fourth downs for TDs to seriously mount a challenge. Your front seven played well but that secondary is dubious.Dunno what the heck is going on with your punt team.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-15-2012 at 03:46 AM.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

To be honest, I pay credit to talent when I see it. RGIII is a very talented QB on a much improved Redskins team.

Obviously they aren't "the best team of all time" but they will provide a hard match-up.

It's time people stop short selling Griffin. He is obviously a high level QB. We all knew it when he was coming out. Hell, I thought he was a better QB than Luck.

If we were in the Redskin's position, we'd be hyping up Griffin. So enough with all the biased analysis. We'll see who comes up on top in two days.
    Fargo Ram Fan likes this.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

RGIII blah blah blah. I hope we can stop their running game. Fisher and Williams can confuse a rookie QB, but can't hide their injury at DT. As much as RGIII scares me, Shanahan's running game scares me more.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not trying to turn this into a smack session but the fact is we won 2 games last season and the Skins won 5. As a matter of fact the Skins beat us 17-10 last season. Does that mean we have no chance? I think not.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Why is RGIII being hailed as 500000000000000000x better than Cam Newton, who tossed 400 yards in his first game?
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm not trying to turn this into a smack session but the fact is we won 2 games last season and the Skins won 5. As a matter of fact the Skins beat us 17-10 last season. Does that mean we have no chance? I think not.
    Yes, two bad teams (based on 2011 records) with one getting the hype due to the second coming aka RGIII. I think the Rams did garner some of this hype in 2010 during Sams' rookie campaign? Best way to snuff ut the RGIII hype is to beat the skins

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    You obviously did not read everything I wrote. I'm not saying the Redskins are much better, but they at least had a strong outing.

Seems like only Rams fans seem to be the one really questioning the Redskins while everyone else is praising them. I wonder if it's because we are playing them next? Would this be the case if we weren't?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

You obviously did not read everything I wrote. I'm not saying the Redskins are much better, but they at least had a strong outing.

Seems like only Rams fans seem to be the one really questioning the Redskins while everyone else is praising them. I wonder if it's because we are playing them next? Would this be the case if we weren't?
    The Redskins did have a strong outing, and RGlll had a strong debut, but it was one game, against a team in total disarray. At this point, do we really know what the Redskins will bring the rest of the season? Going into the game Sunday, I really don't know what to expect, but I'm certainly not fearing the Redskins.

SkinsFan82 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Why is RGIII being hailed as 500000000000000000x better than Cam Newton, who tossed 400 yards in his first game?
    I don't think people are saying he's 5000000000000000000x better, but they're saying he had a better first game for a few reasons.

1 - He won his first game, Newton lost.

2 - Newton got 400 yards but the Panthers had him throwing more. So Griffin ends up with a much better completion percentage and a better YPA average.

3 - Griffin didn't throw any interceptions, Cam did.

4 - Griffin looked better running. Yes, Cam is a bigger stronger runner who is really dangerous at the goal line to plow through for a TD. Griffin though is much quicker and dangerous in the open field, he avoids running as much as he can but he uses the quickness to avoid rushers and buy time.

5 - Cam took 4 sacks in his first game. Obviously you can't totally blame him for sacks but the reason RG3 wasn't sacked more was he did a better job of freezing linebackers and then when pressure did get to him he was so quick he sidestepped or roll out while keeping his eyes down field.

To summarize, Newton lost his game, threw an interception, had a lower completion percentage, lower YPA average, was sacked more and didn't run all that well in his first game. (His first game was his worst rushing game, after that he looked better). It's only to fair to compare game 1 vs. game 1, can't look at Newton's whole year when RG3 hasn't had one.

I'm not saying RG3 is just *that* much better than Cam, that would be ridiculous this early. I'm only saying that's why people are so hyped about his game 1 when compared to Cam's first game.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

How you think i feel i live next to DC this is all i hear and i have to tell these stubborn fans everyday that this hype is crazy.They all think that they are sure fire playoff team,like RG3 is gonna play like that every week.Like they will play a defense that bad every week,its insane the amount of hype the Deadskins are receiving right now.I hope we crush them,nothing would make me happier tomorrow lol.
    Last edited by 39WillRunYaOva; -09-16-2012 at 03:29 AM.
    g tha problem likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast