Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I'm sick and tired............

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: I'm sick and tired............

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    How you think i feel i live next to DC this is all i say and i have to tell these stubborn fans everyday that this hype is crazy.They all think that they are sure fire playoff team,like RG3 is gonna play like that every week.Like they will play a defense that bad every week,its insane the amount of hype the Deadskins are receiving right now.I hope we crush them,nothing would make me happier tomorrow lol.
    I live in Indy... I know exactly how you feel. It's like the messiah descended to Lucas Oil Stadium on draft day.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I live in Indy... I know exactly how you feel. It's like the messiah descended to Lucas Oil Stadium on draft day.
    LOL,at least the combine is a neutral place where teams come to evaluate players.Its not like your hear certain teams favored its just about the kids coming to show off some skills ya know.But i can understand how it can be hectic.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I can't wait to see Sjax shred their defense, yes shred their defense. Rams will win and quiet the hype. Back to earth for RG3.
    Just Fix It

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    LOL,at least the combine is a neutral place where teams come to evaluate players.Its not like your hear certain teams favored its just about the kids coming to show off some skills ya know.But i can understand how it can be hectic.
    The combine was hectic but I'm talking about the Luck hype train. It was full blast the entire season and is still going strong.

g tha problem is offline Registered User

Living in the D.C. area is the worst. The Skins fans are always super vocal even when they suck every year. Now that they have RG3 they think they are super bowl bound, it drives me crazy lol. But anyways, I really like RG3, but you guys know how the media is. They always over hype stuff like this especially for a team like the Skins with a die-hard fan base. With that being said, I hope the Rams smash the Skins so I don't have to listen to a week worth of gloating AGAIN.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by g tha problem View Post
    Living in the D.C. area is the worst. The Skins fans are always super vocal even when they suck every year. Now that they have RG3 they think they are super bowl bound, it drives me crazy lol. But anyways, I really like RG3, but you guys know how the media is. They always over hype stuff like this especially for a team like the Skins with a die-hard fan base. With that being said, I hope the Rams smash the Skins so I don't have to listen to a week worth of gloating AGAIN.
    Yes I can relate to this. I hate it, I really want to win this game just because of the area I'm in. I wish RGIII the best but not tomorrow.
    g tha problem likes this.

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The Redskins did have a strong outing, and RGlll had a strong debut, but it was one game, against a team in total disarray. At this point, do we really know what the Redskins will bring the rest of the season? Going into the game Sunday, I really don't know what to expect, but I'm certainly not fearing the Redskins.
    As you shouldn't. I think Redskins fans are more worried about the Rams than the Rams fans are worried about the Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I can't wait to see Sjax shred their defense, yes shred their defense. Rams will win and quiet the hype. Back to earth for RG3.
    Do you really think that will happen or are you just hoping?

Quote Originally Posted by g tha problem View Post
    I follow the Redskin closely. Listen to 3 different DC sports radio stations and belong to several message boards - I've never heard anyone once say, write, or think that they think the Redskins will win the super bowl. There are some who think they are at least playoff bound, a bit premature but every fan base has a to of fans who are optimistic/delusional.

Most fans are excited. They feel that we have been lacking a QB for a long time - which we have. And for the first time, we have a franchise QB. Not Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb. A real special talent who has done nothing but show promise during training camp, preseason, and the opening game. What fan base wouldn't be over zealous?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan82 View Post
    I don't think people are saying he's 5000000000000000000x better, but they're saying he had a better first game for a few reasons.

1 - He won his first game, Newton lost.

2 - Newton got 400 yards but the Panthers had him throwing more. So Griffin ends up with a much better completion percentage and a better YPA average.

3 - Griffin didn't throw any interceptions, Cam did.

4 - Griffin looked better running. Yes, Cam is a bigger stronger runner who is really dangerous at the goal line to plow through for a TD. Griffin though is much quicker and dangerous in the open field, he avoids running as much as he can but he uses the quickness to avoid rushers and buy time.

5 - Cam took 4 sacks in his first game. Obviously you can't totally blame him for sacks but the reason RG3 wasn't sacked more was he did a better job of freezing linebackers and then when pressure did get to him he was so quick he sidestepped or roll out while keeping his eyes down field.

To summarize, Newton lost his game, threw an interception, had a lower completion percentage, lower YPA average, was sacked more and didn't run all that well in his first game. (His first game was his worst rushing game, after that he looked better). It's only to fair to compare game 1 vs. game 1, can't look at Newton's whole year when RG3 hasn't had one.

I'm not saying RG3 is just *that* much better than Cam, that would be ridiculous this early. I'm only saying that's why people are so hyped about his game 1 when compared to Cam's first game.
    Cam Newton set a bunch of rookie records, RGIII has not. He also didn't get 80 yards on a dump pass. RGIII was good, but let's save the coronation til the season is complete.

SkinsFan82 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Cam Newton set a bunch of rookie records, RGIII has not. He also didn't get 80 yards on a dump pass. RGIII was good, but let's save the coronation til the season is complete.
    I specifically said it was "ridiculous" for anyone to suggest RGIII is better than Cam this early. I was just replying to the question of why RGIII's first game was better than Cam's first game as a rookie.
    Also, RGIII's 88 yard TD was not a dump pass, it was a slant.

I agree though that people should slow down on proclaiming him the future greatest of all time.

Tomorrow is the next step!

MoreCowbel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    RGIII does not really care about records or stats-just wins. What I DO know is this week, per Shanny is:
    "Take this week," Shanahan says. "He was the first in Monday, working out and lifting. And he was the first one in Tuesday, working out and lifting. All camp he was the first one in and the last one out. ... I don't think I've ever had anybody quite like him."

He works harder than anyone knows or appreciates. He worked out at 2am after winning the Heisman to "keep his edge". He may well lose tomorrow, as the Rams are a much better team than people realize, and always play the "Skins tough regardless of record. Anyway, we are excited because he is something, as a skins fan, we haven't had for ages-a REAL quarterback. We (I) just hope we are able to MAYBE be a 500 team this year. I don't think any of us have realistic expectations of playoffs, much less a Superbowl. We just want to be competitive. I really don't even consider comparisons to Cam. Different QB's and mindsets. RGIII would forgo any statistics just to win whether that means running the ball all day or just throwing the ball away. Also, when is a slant route considered a dump pass?
    Last edited by MoreCowbel; -09-16-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    bradwill likes this.

g tha problem is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    I follow the Redskin closely. Listen to 3 different DC sports radio stations and belong to several message boards - I've never heard anyone once say, write, or think that they think the Redskins will win the super bowl. There are some who think they are at least playoff bound, a bit premature but every fan base has a to of fans who are optimistic/delusional.

Most fans are excited. They feel that we have been lacking a QB for a long time - which we have. And for the first time, we have a franchise QB. Not Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb. A real special talent who has done nothing but show promise during training camp, preseason, and the opening game. What fan base wouldn't be over zealous?
    I don't follow the Skins as closely as I'm sure you do, but the hype train is in full force. It's crazy the way the media and the Skins fans make RG3 seem, it's like he can do no wrong. I mean lets be serious, the Redskins aren't a playoff bound team this year imo. Most fans you talk to thinks that RG3 is the Messiah or something, and it's ridiculous. I hope RG3 has an amazing career, and I'm sure he will. Having said that, I know for a fact he will have his growing pains during his rookie year, and its going to start with the St. Louis Rams.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

bradwill is offline Registered User

I'm glad Rams are playing the Skins in Week 2 and not Week 1. Saints likely came into the game thinking vanilla defense and make the rookie QB beat you. Well, RG3 definitely did that and really surprised them. No surprises this week after that kind of debut and I think the Rams will be better prepared to deal with the Skins' O/RG3 than the Saints were.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan82 View Post
    I specifically said it was "ridiculous" for anyone to suggest RGIII is better than Cam this early. I was just replying to the question of why RGIII's first game was better than Cam's first game as a rookie.
    Also, RGIII's 88 yard TD was not a dump pass, it was a slant.

I agree though that people should slow down on proclaiming him the future greatest of all time.

Tomorrow is the next step!
    Right, and I understand it's mostly media, not the fans coming on here. Hype trains are ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast