Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I'm sick and tired............

bradwill is offline Registered User

Re: I'm sick and tired............

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbel View Post
    RGIII does not really care about records or stats-just wins. What I DO know is this week, per Shanny is:
    "Take this week," Shanahan says. "He was the first in Monday, working out and lifting. And he was the first one in Tuesday, working out and lifting. All camp he was the first one in and the last one out. ... I don't think I've ever had anybody quite like him."

He works harder than anyone knows or appreciates. He worked out at 2am after winning the Heisman to "keep his edge". He may well lose tomorrow, as the Rams are a much better team than people realize, and always play the "Skins tough regardless of record. Anyway, we are excited because he is something, as a skins fan, we haven't had for ages-a REAL quarterback. We (I) just hope we are able to MAYBE be a 500 team this year. I don't think any of us have realistic expectations of playoffs, much less a Superbowl. We just want to be competitive. I really don't even consider comparisons to Cam. Different QB's and mindsets. RGIII would forgo any statistics just to win whether that means running the ball all day or just throwing the ball away. Also, when is a slant route considered a dump pass?
    I hope RG3 works out well for you guys and, if Week 1 is any indication, he sure will. I'm also hoping that he hits a major bump in the road this week, though Thanks for coming on with a classy attitude and best of luck to your Skins......next week. LOL

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by g tha problem View Post
    I don't follow the Skins as closely as I'm sure you do, but the hype train is in full force. It's crazy the way the media and the Skins fans make RG3 seem, it's like he can do no wrong. I mean lets be serious, the Redskins aren't a playoff bound team this year imo. Most fans you talk to thinks that RG3 is the Messiah or something, and it's ridiculous. I hope RG3 has an amazing career, and I'm sure he will. Having said that, I know for a fact he will have his growing pains during his rookie year, and its going to start with the St. Louis Rams.
    Of course fans are going run away with it. But the media of course is magnifying the situation. Oh well, I'd rather be in this position than not having a QB to be excited about.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

One thing I will point out is our defense is NOT NO's D. We have the ability to confuse veteran QB's - we did with Stafford for the majority of last week's game. Do you think that Fisher is going to go into this game with only defensive play this week?

I don't think so. Yes, it will be a hard game for us - but a good game. And our D will end up screwing with RGIII's head more than once. Just because he has had ONE good game does NOT mean he is great - it only means he has had ONE GOOD GAME. PERIOD.

When he has established a pattern over the next few years, and we can analyze his performance in those games, THEN we can decide if he's as good as everyone thinks he is. Until then...he's just another rookie who has had one hell of a lot of good luck in his first game.

IBleedBnG83 is offline Registered User

While I have repeatedly admitted that the Saints D maybe one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league and the Rams have a much better D, at least the players on paper (too early to tell, because the stats don't show this) I don't think it's they did a great job against the Lions.

Mathew Stafford is one of those guys who will have brain farts during a game, throwing multiple picks. Watching the Lions game, I saw Stafford make bone headed mistakes. His first interception, caught by Janoris Jenkins, was his staring down the receiver. Jenkins kept his eyes on Bradford and say on the pass. It was an easy pitch and catch. Second interception, caught by Dunbar, another stupid throw. Dunbar was playing zone sitting on Pettigrew with his eyes on Stafford the whole time. How Stafford didn't see him there is beyond me. And the last interception, Finnegen was sitting UNDERNEATH the freaking route. He just undercut it. Another boneheaded throw.

The Rams deserve all the credit for making the plays, good defensive plays calls, but like everyone else here keeps saying about the Redskins - it was one game. And the other side of the coin is the Lions still put up 429 yards of offense.

g tha problem is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBnG83 View Post
    Of course fans are going run away with it. But the media of course is magnifying the situation. Oh well, I'd rather be in this position than not having a QB to be excited about.
    Yes very true, good luck to you guys though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123