xfactor28 is offline Registered User

I'm a Smoker she's a Smoker

Would'nt you like to be a Smoker too? As much as some of you like to downgrade the Rams picks, Jeff Smoker is a good qb. I have so much love for this team maybe I am looking through rose colored glasses, but he sure looked like a field general to me.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I'm a Smoker she's a Smoker

I think he's been hot and cold this preseason, but seems to have the physical skills to really do well at the position. I hope he turns out to be a successful player.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel Guest

Great leadership skills, stong arm, good pocket presence, quick feet- see you in a couple of years.. With any luck, he wont see the field until the last game of the season, when we have already clinched home field throughout the playoffs.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

thoey is offline Registered User

Man, I am amazed that Adarian hasn't been ALL OVER this thread...
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I think he's been hot and cold this preseason
    Correct. And that is quite a compliment when you think about a rookie doing anything other than being completely lost in the Martz offensive system. MSU has a complex system by collegiate standards, but it's tinker toys compared to what Smoker has had to learn over the past 4 months. The fact that he is already starting to show some presence is very encouraging for the future.

Bulger, Smoker. Smoker, Bulger. I don't care either way, but the next few years may be set for QB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Man, I am amazed that Adarian hasn't been ALL OVER this thread...
    Sometimes the smoke is so thick around here, one can't find a thread let alone something to say.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Correct. And that is quite a compliment when you think about a rookie doing anything other than being completely lost in the Martz offensive system. MSU has a complex system by collegiate standards, but it's tinker toys compared to what Smoker has had to learn over the past 4 months. The fact that he is already starting to show some presence is very encouraging for the future.

Bulger, Smoker. Smoker, Bulger. I don't care either way, but the next few years may be set for QB.
    Agreed. It seemed like based on the reports I've read that he looked sharp last night, but I wasn't too impressed with him early on in the preseason. Hopefully he's getting a good grasp of the offense because you'll never know when you might be needed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel Guest

One of the reasons smoker looked good last night is that the offensive line was killing the raiders off the ball and we were running the ball down their throat. If bulger gets that kind of running game and therefore stays out of the third and longs, he will be fantastic. Smoker did make a couple of nice throws on longer yardage situations when he had some time.

Remember this folks. No one, and mean no one, can cover our receivers down the field if the qb has time to throw and a running game, and that includes bulger, the ancient one, the rookie or even roman gabriel if we activate him. We are the deepest team in the nfl at the receiver spot, and dont forget marshall out of the backfield and the nice showing of our squads closest thing to an american hero, cam cleeland.

general counsel

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I don't like him. Now that Chris Chandler on the other hand. This kid has potential 5 years down the line.