Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Im Sorry To Say It But........

Our offense is fine, and will only get better, barring any injuries. The only problem of late with the Offense is turnovers. We need to get a handle on that and we'll be fine there. The reason we're 4-4,and not 7-1, or 6-2 is our defense. Don't be fooled into thinking that the Colts or the Chargers can "score whenever they have to". It's a little more complicated than that. They do however, make the defensive plays when they have to. They don't let teams get out of third and long as consistantly as we do. We let teams off the hook far too often. In fact, I was talking to a Chief's fan last Sunday during the game, and when the Rams had KC backed up near their own endzone, with third-and-long, I said; "this is where we suck", just about the time LJ ran off a 50 something run, on a play designed to do nothing more really than to get them in better punt position. Good teams don't do that.

But our offense isn't the problem. It isn't TGSOT, but it's pretty damn good. If our D was as good as our O, we'd be talking about how we left Seattle in the dust already, and not the current "hope we can stop their #2 Rb and QB".

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Logic and reason has flown the coup. The offense that has put up over 300 passing yards in the last 3 games sucks? The offense that is the only thing giving this team a legitimate chance at winning each weekend is not that good? I think ESPN needs more anylysts Im sure they would be glad to hire you will.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    True the Colts O-line may be better than ours but to say "MUCH" is a stretch in my opinion. Peyton Manning is the ultimate manager of an NFL offense. It's his ability to read and react at a split second that allows the Colts offense to fly so high. The O-line 9 times out of 10 doesn't have to protect as long because of Mannings intelligence of the game. The Colts are one of the few teams that actually set up the run off their prolific passing game. So to sum this up, again I don't set the Colts O-line that far above ours.
    Sure Manning is great, but that's 14 more sacks we have given up. Manning throws enough long passes that they have to protect him for a long period of time also. A lot of it is because of the O Line which makes them much better than ours, not just because Manning calls audibles and reads and reacts. That also doesn't explain the lack of holes our O line opens for Jackson. The Colts run game is bascially the same without Edge. That says the O line is doing a great job. It reminds me of Denver, you can stick any RB back there and he gets 1000-1300 yards every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Will51 is offline Registered User

i know what our offense did to the chargers and i know how much yards we put up per game, but i said forget the stats, the fact is we dont execute when we need to, we need to score as many points as we can on offense and quit being conservative because the fact is our defense cant help us win, im not saying throw the ball up for grabs but we need to take chances just like the colts do regardless if we are down in pts or not.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

i know what our offense did to the chargers and i know how much yards we put up per game, but i said forget the stats, the fact is we dont execute when we need to, we need to score as many points as we can on offense and quit being conservative because the fact is our defense cant help us win, im not saying throw the ball up for grabs but we need to take chances just like the colts do regardless if we are down in pts or not.
    An offense should not have to score more then 30 plus points in three straight games to win period! If that was the case the Colts that you keep bringing up would have lost plenty of games this year. Im sorry but when you open up with
    we really do not have a good OFFENSE,
    you pretty much lose all creditibility in my book. There is no validity in that statement and you cannot prove that opinion at all. This offense is clicking and growing every game. They had a couple of miscues last week but as a whole the unit is playing exceptionally well. Im really just baffled to how someone could come up with this concluision on the offense.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12