Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tony Soprano Guest

Re: im sorry you can only bring up the injury cop out so long...

Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    Please stop posting nonsense....we have had our best drafts since the vermeil era..........WILL YOU PLEASE FOLLOW FOOTBALL BEFORE POSTING....
    The Ram's own Front office disagrees with you - they are going in another Direction ... you are posting the Fantasy non-sense on your first day here.

From the article:

"But here is the most substantial change being considered by Shaw: removing the head coach's authority over the draft.

Up to now, the organization's top college personnel expert has stacked the draft board. The personnel chief was Charley Armey, and when Armey retired, Tony Softli moved into the role.

But the head coach makes the picks. Shaw insists that no Rams executive has ever vetoed a coach's draft decision.

"We had Charley Armey stacking the board, and Martz making the picks," Shaw said. "Now it's Tony Softli stacking the board and Linehan making the picks.

"We're either putting our draft board together the wrong way, or we're asking the coach to do too much. That's what worries me: as an organization, are we putting too much on the coach? The bottom line is, we're not drafting good players, and that must change.
    "

"The BOTTOM LINE IS, WE'RE NOT DRAFTING GOOD PLAYERS." Now you look stupid, Newbie!

You say they are the Best Drafts since Vermeil and the Organization says that they need to do something because we are NOT Drafting Good Players!

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -11-26-2007 at 06:25 AM.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    The Ram's own Front office disagrees with you - they are going in another Direction ... you are posting the Fantasy non-sense on your first day here.

From the article:

"But here is the most substantial change being considered by Shaw: removing the head coach's authority over the draft.

Up to now, the organization's top college personnel expert has stacked the draft board. The personnel chief was Charley Armey, and when Armey retired, Tony Softli moved into the role.

But the head coach makes the picks. Shaw insists that no Rams executive has ever vetoed a coach's draft decision.

"We had Charley Armey stacking the board, and Martz making the picks," Shaw said. "Now it's Tony Softli stacking the board and Linehan making the picks.

"We're either putting our draft board together the wrong way, or we're asking the coach to do too much. That's what worries me: as an organization, are we putting too much on the coach? The bottom line is, we're not drafting good players, and that must change.
    "

"The BOTTOM LINE IS, WE'RE NOT DRAFTING GOOD PLAYERS." Now you look stupid, Newbie!

You say they are the Best Drafts since Vermeil and the Organization says that they need to do something because we are NOT Drafting Good Players!

Tony S, got you on that one.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Our O-line has been neglected.... certainly not been made a priority.
    Yes, shame on Linehan for not carrying 20 offensive linemen into the season so he could have avoided this entire debacle.

I might agree with you if we're talking about 2-3 O-line injuries, but it goes way beyond that. We're nearing the point where we've fielded TWENTY different combinations of the offensive line! If I'm counting correctly, we are currently on our 4th LT (Pace, Steussie, Goldberg, Barron), 4th LG (Setterstrom, Terrell, McCollum, Brown), 2nd C (Romberg, McCollum), 5th RG (Incognito, Brown, McCollum, Leckey, Steussie), and 5th RT (Barron, Goldberg, Brown, Gorin, Petitti).

Look around the league - you're not going to find any team carrying enough O-line depth to overcome those hits.

For instance, let's look at the hot Dallas Cowboys. What does their O-line look like when four of their starting linemen go down and they only have their starting RT left?

LT Pat McQuistan, LG Joe Berger, C Cory Procter, RG Joe Berger (I guess they cloned him), RT Marc Columbo (only starter remaining)
    Wow, I wonder how Tony Romo feels about that possibility. How about those undefeated New England Patriots?

LT Wesley Britt, LG Russ Hochstein, C Russ Hochstein (where is this amazing cloning technology?), RG Billy Yates, RT Nick Kaczur (again, the remaining starter)
    Can't say I'm blown away by that combination.

The point being made is that you can prepare for some injuries, but we're way beyond the point of "some" injuries. The Rams likely had enough depth on the O-line to deal with one or two injuries; I would expect most teams to be capable of doing this. But as I pointed out earlier, we've had to go with 4-5 different guys AT ONE POSITION because of injuries there, let alone across the entire line.

If you think this situation could have been prevented by more attention paid to O-line depth prior to the season, then I can only disagree because I think that opinion vastly ignores the sheer amount of injuries and players we've gone through.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

faulk2jackson Guest

From the article:

"

Actually you look stupid for posting this without a link and expecting me to believe it. for a self proclaimed senior blogger like yourself i expected that you would know the importance of links with dates buddy........I guess the stupidity is passed back to you now....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Guys, enough with the personal shots. Debate the issue on the merits of the topic. Any further comments about someone being stupid or the like will not be met well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Guys, enough with the personal shots. Debate the issue on the merits of the topic. Any further comments about someone being stupid or the like will not be met well.
    Agreed but such critical statements should be met with links or references.....

Tony Soprano Guest

Hey, Nick, how long have I been here? How long has the Newbie that started lobbing personal insults?

Someone's record should account for something. This guy is here starting trouble. Look how many insults in various threads were lodged at me by Faulk2Jackson right after he singed up.

And Newbie (Faulk2Jackson) , the text posted in quotes in the post you reference is a quote verbatim. I'm not responsible for educating you.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -11-27-2007 at 06:57 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Cop Out???? The injuries are not a "COP OUT". The facts are the facts.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Man, such negative vibes....which is to be expected.

Look, the drafts haven't been a total waste. What about Barron? He's been pretty solid. How about Hill? He may get burned once or twice a game but usually is making adjustments that allow the safeties to make a play. How about Carriker? He's been solid. OJ? (don't make me spell his last name), he's turned out to be a very solid S.

We are missing the point on the draft. The defense has been shored up to the point that it's just a pass rusher away from being nasty. The offense just needs some luck and a few four leaf clovers, but a young speedy WR wouldn't hurt.

Tony Soprano Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Man, such negative vibes....which is to be expected.

Look, the drafts haven't been a total waste. What about Barron? He's been pretty solid. How about Hill? He may get burned once or twice a game but usually is making adjustments that allow the safeties to make a play. How about Carriker? He's been solid. OJ? (don't make me spell his last name), he's turned out to be a very solid S.

We are missing the point on the draft. The defense has been shored up to the point that it's just a pass rusher away from being nasty. The offense just needs some luck and a few four leaf clovers, but a young speedy WR wouldn't hurt.
    The RAM's ORGANIZATION has admitted they have not drafted good players and look to be telegraphing the fact they are taking away Draft Power from the Head Coach.

The Ram's Organization has said it -- I don't see the point of arguing it.

The point about some good ones slipping thru is vaild - like Carriker.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -11-27-2007 at 12:36 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, I'm not saying they get 5 stars or free coffee with a purchase of a dozen donuts.....I'm just saying some of the players haven't been so bad. Maybe the front office is taking so much heat from the media and the fans that they are doing some damage control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12