Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: I'm tired

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    It is just not in me to root for or support another team. Having said that, I still wonder about your statement.

Why should any Rams fan, true or otherwise, support this organization?
    I dont know, I guess my definition of a Ram's fan is supporting them through thick and thin. Personally I'm doing that. Those of you ready to jump ship, that is your right. Maybe you've had enough of being a Ram fan. That ain't me.

Do you call the product they put on the field as something worth supporting or spending hard earned money on?
    yes and yes

So, why should anyone spend money or emotional energy on them?

Why?
    Because, that is what a fan is about. imo

RealRam is offline Registered User

I'm staying a fan forever. I just gotta say Linehan was the worse thing to happen to us and I would have rather kept Martz for 2 more years than let this poor excuse for a head coach have the team. -- Letsgoramz

Letsgoramz, I hear you. And good for you for staying steadfast!

Yours truly, another MMM supporter. :r

PS: Funny, two seasons ago Coach Martz didn't think he was going to be fired. He wanted to stay.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-28-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Quote

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Even though this season has left us all remembering the crapdays of the 90's, I'm one of those who can't stop being a fan. People I work with don't give me grief. They know I'm not blind. They know I am a real fan because I still support my team even as bad as they are.

I'm sticking around.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Okay, I've stepped away from the computer, taken a deep breath and have come back to read the responses to my post. For those of you that understand my frustration and understand where I come from, thank you. I applaud those of you that will hang in there "for better or for worse" because you love the Rams. Obviously, I have been one of those for nearly 40 years. It's just so unfortunate that we've had far more "worse" years, than "better" years since Ms. G. took over. If this were a marriage, I'd have divorced that B years ago!

But I am not one to duck and run, just because of this miserable season. I understand what started this mess, and it's NOT Linehan. It was injuries, and a collection of guys on the O-line that would probably be bagging groceries if not for the Rams. If I were a duck-n-run fan, I'd have been long gone like most of the Ram fans in the Los Angeles/OC area when Ms. G. stole our team out from under us and fled to St louis with a bag full of money. But some of us stayed true because it's part of what we are, and a big part of our past. I have been questioned a thousand times since the move, and I'm still questioned all the time today about why I stay faithful to the Rams. Hell, I often question myself why I hang in there.

Like today.

I'll make another plea to Ms. G to remove Mr. Shaw & company and to sell this team to someone that cares about winning. It's time to look around and realize that you've got some unbelievably faithful fans that love this team. But you'll lose them if you don't make some major changes in management and player personnel. Ms. G, you've run this team poorly since you day you took over, and it's time to retire from the business and do whatever it is that you do best.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

ahhh.... RFRH, Maybe this IS what "Mrs. G" does best.

Pretty sad if it is.

Sad as our state of affairs is, there are what, 4 two win teams and 2 one win teams? Also 8 four win teams and two of the four win teams are tied for 1st in their division.

With some work and dedication we have a fair chance of NOT finishing in the cellar of our division. Of course that would mean coming back with a vengeance after the bye.

Let's go RAMS!! Show some mettle!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I have been working on a plan to sleep with georgia (the Rams owner, not the state) in order to gain control of the team. It hasn't gone well yet, but I am optimistic. Once she returns just one call, I'll have her in my power!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drew is offline Registered User

i take the comment of having enough of being a rams fan as the words of a passionate fan in a moment of despair(albeit a rather too long moment for any of us to bare with a smile!)rather than cause to doubt anyones loyalty!
    there are a few members who are far too quick to question peoples loyalty(i got told that i wasn`t a real fan because i said i didn`t think we had a chance against Dallas!lol!!) and far too many of them come from folks who became fans since the move to St.Louis!
    if/when the Rams decide to up-camp and move to another city miles from their previous home again how many of you St.louisans will still follow the Rams?
    i bet my estate on it that it wont be more than a tenth of the number that still support the Rams from the L.A. days!
    you lost the Cards but won the Rams,youve been spoilt by having some of the greatest football to ever be played in the NFL on your doorstep,you should atleast give another decade of "loyal" support before you question pre-GSOT Ram Fans about their loyalty!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I have been working on a plan to sleep with georgia (the Rams owner, not the state) in order to gain control of the team. It hasn't gone well yet, but I am optimistic. Once she returns just one call, I'll have her in my power!
    I truly believe YOU ARE A RAMS FAN after that post!

I figured you meant the rams owner when you said you'd sleep with Georgia. If you had said you would sleep with ALL of Georgia then there might have been need for clarification.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

blood85 is offline Registered User

I think we are all sick of this garbage. We should all pitch in some money, buy the team and Move them back to L.A.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Thus a name of another Ram faithful in the Clan:

RamFan_Til_I_Die! :bash:
    It's true as bad as things get I'm going nowhere. I lived thru the 90's in niner country, so i can live thru this. The worst part is, back then we stunk from top to bottom. Right now we have the talent, just not the wins....very frustrating and borderline depressing.

I'm not gonna lie though, I'm moving outside Denver in the next year or so and I plan on trying to get season tickets and making the Broncos my 2nd team.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I've cheered on the Rams since 1976. Seen them at their worst and at their best. Nothing can take away the meories of that magical year when the Rams marched on Georgia and took the Superbowl. Yah I am looking at a prospect of having to wait 2 years before the Rams may become something again and hating to wait. But I will be there.

If you where a fan of the Rams in the late 80s and 90s and still be a fan, your a fan till death do you part. Fact is Georgina can't live forever and the hope is that some overly rich billionaire like, a Jerry Jones, will need to express his ego and own the Rams. Seriously if anyown here had the $$$ to buy the Rams, I don't think any of us would pass on that dream. Personaly I know there is a salary cap for players....But last i looked there is no cap on, hiring talent scouts, coaches, and the other administration that builds a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    I've cheered on the Rams since 1976. Seen them at their worst and at their best. Nothing can take away the meories of that magical year when the Rams marched on Georgia and took the Superbowl. Yah I am looking at a prospect of having to wait 2 years before the Rams may become something again and hating to wait. But I will be there.

If you where a fan of the Rams in the late 80s and 90s and still be a fan, your a fan till death do you part. Fact is Georgina can't live forever and the hope is that some overly rich billionaire like, a Jerry Jones, will need to express his ego and own the Rams. Seriously if anyown here had the $$$ to buy the Rams, I don't think any of us would pass on that dream. Personaly I know there is a salary cap for players....But last i looked there is no cap on, hiring talent scouts, coaches, and the other administration that builds a winning team.
    Ahh, Dragoon. You came in midway of the stretch of 7 consecutive Divisional Championships, Chuck Knox, the end of our James Harris era and the beginning of Pat Haden... Isiah Robertson, the Youngbloods, Saul, Slater, etc.... quite the team back then.

Here is a great link to help you recall your Rams infancy... http://community-2.webtv.net/THERAMS...PICTURETELLSA/

We have been Rams fans too long to give up on them this easily...:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I think we all understand RFRH's frustration, I certainly do.

Being a fan of a team doesn't entitle you to a constant stream of success where every pass goes to hand and every run goes for a first down. Where every cheeleader is a honey and injuries are un-heard of. Where the post-season is an appointment by divine right and the Superbowl a probability every season.

If it did, it would be tedious. Why bother tuning in? Football isn't a commodity no matter how many of the marketing men try to package it as a 'product'. Consequently it isn't a place where what you pay out guarantees a service or outcome that's going to make you happy. What makes it exciting is that you have no idea what's going to happen on any given Sunday.

Thus, even when you lose and lose often you are getting your money's worth. I'm not sure Georgia likes to lose but I'm also not sure she's the right person to ensure that we don't lose.

All that being a fan of a team guarantees you is triumph and disaster, liberal doses of both. All you can control as a fan I guess is how you treat them. I exult in triumph, a fist pumping and hard drinking period of loudly hedonistic tom-foolery. I shrink from disaster and become an introverted, recriminatory depressive with a sour disposition.

Neither are me, both are merely temporary states of emotional confusion brought about by my passion for a game that has as its object, an ovoid pigskin.

The OP isn't an accurate picture of RFRH either, from what I've seen in my time on the boards, and it doesn't make him any less of a fan than you or me. I could have quite easily said much the same, but my timezone enables me to switch off after a game, where the passion isn't quite as immediate.

You can't measure how 'much' of a fan you are by how you treat triumph and disaster, but you can guage how 'much' of a fan you are by continuing to subject yourself to the chance of disaster and the pain it brings.

Its all temporary, its all good and next week brings the bye, possibly bye bye.

RFRH, you're a good man

Hey Fat... you lost all credence when you implied every cheerleader was NOT a honey?!?! :\

I am crushed.:x

First loss 8 and now...

I think I need to go sleep on this and maybe refocus.

Just like our team needs to refocus. The season is only half over and we can earn some measure of respect yet. We have a fair-to-good chance of finishing higher in our division the the hated ***** and possibly that team in the desert.

Oh, but to have the faith of a mustard seed..... :l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    I think we are all sick of this garbage. We should all pitch in some money, buy the team and Move them back to L.A.
    do you ever get tired?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast