Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Legion's Avatar
    Legion is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Chapel hill
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    I hate articles that have no fact behind them.. this is one of those deals where "oh boy, the rams would love to have a reciever like this, BUT they are too cheap to make a move and probably wont do it, so I just thought that I would make another article telling you what you already know" here is the only fact about vincent jackson. some team is going to gamble on him, while the other teams wont do anything. The Rams have been the team that NEVER makes a big impact trade, the last time we did, was marshall faulk. we have to take chances to be succesfull, yeah, the 4 pillars thing is really good, but you can only have so many 4 pillar guys, that suck, you cannot win by trying to assemble a team of saints.. fact is, some team will give a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. But he's susspended for 4 games!! yeah, he is, but last time I checked there are 16 games in a season. and wouldn't you rather have a big play reciever for the final 12 games then stick with what we currently have? this new ownership talks about doing whatever it takes to turn this team around, that's good, but I prefer action instead of talk.

    GO RAMS!


  2. #2
    DPskywalker Guest

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Nailed it! Great post. I'm all about 4 pillars guys, but they have a lower tendency to suck. If anything, they have a greater tendency.

    I think Spags needs to take a look back at that Suoer Bowl ring he won and look at who won that game for him:


    Plaxico Burress

  3. #3
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    you cannot win by trying to assemble a team of saints..
    Colts, Saints, Texans, Packers, Vikings.
    So yeah you can build a winning team using guys that fit the four pillars. Your argument is invalid.

  4. #4
    DPskywalker Guest

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Colts, Saints, Texans, Packers, Vikings.
    So yeah you can build a winning team using guys that fit the four pillars. Your argument is invalid.
    Texans have never been in the playoffs, Anthony Hargrove starts for the Saints and as does Reggie Bush, Vikings had a fun little boat party not to long ago, and the Packers haven't won crap in 15 years, and the colts don't count because they have Peyton Manning and he could take my high school team to the playoffs.

    You gotta do a little more research before you call someone's argument invalid, bro.

    Gimme Ray Lewis, Plaxico Burress, Shannon Sharpe, Lawrence Taylor, Deion, Randy Moss Warren Sapp, Bill Romanowski and all of there Super Bowl rings over character guys that we drafted three rounds too early.

    You take the best player, and if it's a tie, then you go to character.

  5. #5
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post

    You take the best player, and if it's a tie, then you go to character.
    This is true, to an extent.


    In my opinion, I think we are in the stage of our rebuilding/comeback to allow a few impact players who have "some" questionable character concerns.

    I believe we have the main foundation already installed, and adding some "bad" guys will probably not hurt it.


    The main concern would be hiring veterans with character concerns which would influence our young guys, but we already have a solid group of vets to oversee nothing goes wrong.

  6. #6
    DPskywalker Guest

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Good point, but you gotta have ball players.

    I know it's a different sport, but I'm a huge Lakers fan. Ron Artest unequivocally won us the title last year. Flat out, if he's not there, we don't win. Period.

    Rodman has 5 rings, ya know?

    We've got enough 4-pillars guys, and one of those pillars (faith) the Rams could actually be sued for mandating.

    Still, I'm down with Spags. Let's just focus on ball players now.

  7. #7
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    I read some where that DeSpags would be willing to loosen up the four pillars mentality once they had the foundation built... but that takes time.

    It's not so much about the player as it is the environment you are bringing the player into.

    For example Randy Moss.

    He couldn't help the Raiders win but he sure looks nice in New England. Same player but different environments.

    I don't like the fact that V Jax has a criminal record but I'm more worried about his decision to sit out an entire season if need be. Are there any guarantees that if we give up a 2nd and a 3rd to get him that he would sign a long term deal with us or just keep sitting out until he becomes a free agent next year?

    Again I'm not really opposed to us getting him but I would want a lot of stuff in writing before any swap was made.

  8. #8
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    Texans have never been in the playoffs,
    Are they not projected to go to the playoff's this year? And didnt that have a winning team last year.
    Anthony Hargrove starts for the Saints and as does Reggie Bush,
    Reggie Bush gave up his heisman to take attention off of him so he could focus on the team. Not to mention he has given large amounts of money to rebuild New Orleans. So are you saying that the saints are not a winning team without anthony Hargrove?
    Vikings had a fun little boat party not to long ago,
    A misdemeanors charge of prostitution is hardly a violation of anything beside a very stupid law, but that is just my opinion. And as I realize it most of those players are now off the team.
    and the Packers haven't won crap in 15 years,
    Packers have gone to the playoffs 2 of the last three years and are projected super bowl contenders.
    and the colts don't count because they have Peyton Manning and he could take my high school team to the playoffs.
    So a whole team full of viable guys is in valid because they have one really good guy who is without a doubt a four pillars guy?



    Gimme Ray Lewis, Plaxico Burress, Shannon Sharpe, Lawrence Taylor, Deion, Randy Moss Warren Sapp, Bill Romanowski and all of there Super Bowl rings over character guys that we drafted three rounds too early.
    Who did we draft to early?

    You take the best player, and if it's a tie, then you go to character.
    No you go for the guy that wont be in jail for the next 4 years.

    Now you see, I understand you are tired of all the Vincent Jackson thread and to be honest so am I. However I am getting really tired of all these threead about, how you cant win with the Fourpillars, how the system is busted you you cant have a team full of nice guys win a footbal game. These people clearly dont understand how the Four Pillars work. Faith, in your coaches and teamates. Show character, to your teammates. Have Core Values as in dont get arrested for doing a ton of blow. Put the Team First dont be selfish do what it takes to help the team win. As I understand it I would count most of the guys in the NFL are four pillar guys. So how about you do a little research and have a little more patience. After the Colts game Bill Polian said "Don't give up, your building your team the right way." to spags. I think I will put more weight in ,arguably the greatest general manager evers, opinion then in yours.

  9. #9
    DPskywalker Guest

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    There are so many problems with the post above this one, I don't even k ow where to begin. I'll only hit a few of them, as I don't want to write "War and Peace" a out your absurd post.

    1. A bunch of players sexually assaulting a prostitute on a boat is "a stupid law." I totally agree. So is rape and murder. Just dumb laws.

    2. I went to USC and I've been around Reggie Bush dozens of times. He's potentially the biggest D-bag in pro sports. I promise you his advisors pried that trophy from his hands. Dude, he single handedly brought down the biggest college football program of the last decade and he's showed zero remorse!

    3. Faith as a pillar is not in regard to teammates and yourself. It's in a greater power. I promise you that, no matter how they try to dress this up, it's faith in the big JC. Just like the 4th rule of 12 step programs. It says "God of your understanding," but they have bible quotes on the cover of the book. It's Faith in God. Our coach got married in the Vatican.

    4. The Texans are "peojected" to make the playoffs. Well then, it's set in stone. They're 1-0. Let's follow their model of winning.

    Step aside, Vince Lombardi, the Houston Texans era of football is at hand!


    I k ow this is heavy-handed, but it's gameday, and my terence for BS is zero.

  10. #10
    DPskywalker Guest

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Apparently my tolerance for typos is quite high, though.

  11. #11
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    Nailed it! Great post. I'm all about 4 pillars guys, but they have a lower tendency to suck. If anything, they have a greater tendency.

    I think Spags needs to take a look back at that Suoer Bowl ring he won and look at who won that game for him:


    Plaxico Burress
    Or the defense that completely stymied the most prolific single-season scoring offense in league history.

    Mr. "I flunked Firearms Safety 101" and his 2 catches for 27 yards and 1 TD would have been rather worthless if New England's scoring had approached the 36 point average they had coming into the game.

  12. #12
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Or the defense that completely stymied the most prolific single-season scoring offense in league history.

    Mr. "I flunked Firearms Safety 101" and his 2 catches for 27 yards and 1 TD would have been rather worthless if New England's scoring had approached the 36 point average they had coming into the game.
    Hey now, valid logic and reasoning like that has no place in a Vincent Jackson thread where you must prove that no team can even think of success unless they have a guy who commits crime, not as a backup, but as a starter. Maybe committing crimes is what makes them great. Let's get Long to go rob a convenience store, he'll probably start racking up sacks then.

    Talent has nothing to do your penchant for not staying within the law. Keep criminals off my team. I'll say it over and over and over, Warner, Faulk, Pace, Holt, and Bruce didn't need to commit crimes, get fined by the NFL and do drugs to be one some of the most prolific offensive players ever. You do not HAVE to take on criminals and idiots to build a successful team. Frankly I am much happier to be free of the thugs that plague other teams, guys who don't understand they are professionals, not school boys.

  13. #13
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: I'm tired of these pointless Vincent Jackson articles

    Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    There are so many problems with the post above this one, I don't even k ow where to begin. I'll only hit a few of them, as I don't want to write "War and Peace" a out your absurd post.
    Ok lets get started
    1. A bunch of players sexually assaulting a prostitute on a boat is "a stupid law." I totally agree. So is rape and murder. Just dumb laws.
    As there was no accusation of rape, I see no reason for my above post to be taken in such a way. The prostitute was paid for sex acts, until I see that there was evidence of abuse then I stand by my argument.

    2. I went to USC and I've been around Reggie Bush dozens of times. He's potentially the biggest D-bag in pro sports. I promise you his advisors pried that trophy from his hands. Dude, he single handedly brought down the biggest college football program of the last decade and he's showed zero remorse!
    Ok first of all, Reggie Bush has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to Katrina Relief. Mind you this was just after he got drafted, He did not have to do this, he chose to out of his own free will. I am also sure that Pete Caroll had no possible idea about shady dealing within USC. Afterall how would a Headcoach know anything about what his team is doing. Your argument that Bush brought down the USC program by himself is preposterous.

    3. Faith as a pillar is not in regard to teammates and yourself. It's in a greater power. I promise you that, no matter how they try to dress this up, it's faith in the big JC. Just like the 4th rule of 12 step programs. It says "God of your understanding," but they have bible quotes on the cover of the book. It's Faith in God. Our coach got married in the Vatican.
    Spags himself has said "Faith" means in your team and your coachs. So I will go ahead and take his word over yours.

    4. The Texans are "peojected" to make the playoffs. Well then, it's set in stone. They're 1-0. Let's follow their model of winning.
    They are 2-0 and their offense looks to be quite potent.

    Step aside, Vince Lombardi, the Houston Texans era of football is at hand!


    I k ow this is heavy-handed, but it's gameday, and my terence for BS is zero.
    As is my tolerance for bad posts.

Similar Threads

  1. Several articles from Wagner - 9-4-08
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-05-2008, 12:09 AM
  2. Rams' Jackson agrees to new deal
    By Josh in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
  3. Steven Jackson Enters Big Year ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-05-2005, 06:24 PM
  5. KFFL on Jackson
    By thoey in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -07-08-2004, 04:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •