Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

IMO: It's Leslie Frazier.

....which I'm fine with. Here's how I think the final 5 shake out.

Spags - If Devaney were to pick right now, Spags would be the guy. However, I could easily see the Giants pulling a successor card for Spags similar to Vermeil/Martz. Coughlin can't have that much left in the tank.

Haslett - I feel bad for Haslett. He's kind of like that fat chick that you buy a drink at the beginning of the night and tell her, "If I haven't found anybody else before closing, you're going home with me." (Not that I've ever done that). He's been there all along, he's jumped through all the hoops, but in the end I think he's heading north to Lambeau.

Garrett - To me, this guy is the definition of great coordinator, bad HC. I could be wrong, but I don't want the Rams to be the test monkey.

Ryan - Seems to have that same gruff, no-nonsense personality that Haslett has and Devaney seems to want. However, in the end his 3-4 design is too appealing to the Jets and he heads north.

......therefore, ......

We get Frazier
    He could be the next big name, and most importantly, make that name as a Ram! A student of Dungy. A student of Johnson. Several successes under his belt. A motivator, a disciplinarian, and ................a leader.

Honestly, I'm cool with most of the options, but if I'm right and this is how it shakes out, I can't say that I'd complain.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Falconator Guest

Re: IMO: It's Leslie Frazier.

good analysis........I agree that Frazier is probably most likely......and I think a decent pick - he won't be an exciting pick - but neither was Mike Smith(Atlanta) nor John Harbaugh(Baltimore) nor Sparano(Dolphins).

probably a solid pick.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Haslett - I feel bad for Haslett. He's kind of like that fat chick that you buy a drink at the beginning of the night and tell her, "If I haven't found anybody else before closing, you're going home with me." (Not that I've ever done that)
    So...you made her buy the drink?

Two Questions:
    1.) Why do think Haslett is going to go to Lambeau?

2.) You mentioned that Frazier is a student of Johnson, which one?

WHAT SAY YE?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post

Two Questions:

1) He's been mentioned as a co-ordinator candidate in Green Bay if Winston Moss goes elsewhere or is not promoted.

2) Jim, I believe.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Spags - If Devaney were to pick right now, Spags would be the guy. However, I could easily see the Giants pulling a successor card for Spags similar to Vermeil/Martz. Coughlin can't have that much left in the tank.
    I don't think Spagnolo will be the guy, but not for the same reason you think. I believe that Devanney was told by ownership that Spagnolo was too expensive to look at, but when that got out in the media, ownership decided that they had already alienated the fans so much in the Linehan era that they decided to grant him a sham interview to give the appearance of doing whatever they can to help the team.

Haslett - I feel bad for Haslett. He's kind of like that fat chick that you buy a drink at the beginning of the night and tell her, "If I haven't found anybody else before closing, you're going home with me." (Not that I've ever done that). He's been there all along, he's jumped through all the hoops, but in the end I think he's heading north to Lambeau.
    I just hope he isn't the ugly chick that looks good at the end of the night because you've drank too much and everyone else is gone.

Garrett - To me, this guy is the definition of great coordinator, bad HC. I could be wrong, but I don't want the Rams to be the test monkey.
    I know a lot of Cowboys fans and they geniuely don't like Garrett as the OC. They think he passes too much and has turned them into a finesse team (sound familiar?) They want him to use that huge line to ram Barber down defense's throats. Also, I think the fact that Jerry Jones has gone from annoiting him the next head coach to letting him interview with everyone and their mother is a good indication that he isn't very happy with him either. And BTW, bad anology there- my motto in life is "You can never go wrong with a monkey.

Ryan - Seems to have that same gruff, no-nonsense personality that Haslett has and Devaney seems to want. However, in the end his 3-4 design is too appealing to the Jets and he heads north.
    I like Ryan- my one concern is that we don't have the personnel to run a 3-4, but if you look at our defense the past 3 yrs or so- they couldn't play the 4-3 either. If he can make our defense as good as the Ravens in 2 or 3 yrs, I'm all for rebuilding it.

......therefore, ......

We get Frazier
    He could be the next big name, and most importantly, make that name as a Ram! A student of Dungy. A student of Johnson. Several successes under his belt. A motivator, a disciplinarian, and ................a leader.

Honestly, I'm cool with most of the options, but if I'm right and this is how it shakes out, I can't say that I'd complain.
    I'm up for Frazier or Ryan. Both young, innovative, defensive-minded, and supposedly have a great rapport with players.

eldfan is offline Registered User

....We get Frazier

Good job that sound logical.
    :ramlogo:

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Bring it. Let's get started...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post

Two Questions:

WHAT SAY YE?
    1. They missed out on Mike Nolan and Greg Williams is going to Tennessee if Schwartz leaves.
    2. He is a student of Jim Johnson and more so Tony Dungy.

I am completely fine Frazier as HC and Hubs reasoning makes alot of sense. I was the first to jump on his bandwagon, and I think he is the best guy for our current personal set.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Don't know too much about Frazier, but either Ryan or him would be ok.
    Please no Garrett, and if Haslett gets a real chance, I think he could do well with
    good assistants.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

[/quote]I just hope he isn't the ugly chick that looks good at the end of the night because you've drank too much and everyone else is gone.[/quote]

I thought I read this right, "I just hope he isn't the ugly chick". Kinda makes me wonder how many bananas you ended waking up to, monkey man?

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Oh yeah, on topic. I wouldn't mind Frazier.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If Frazier is able to pull off his defensive schemes with the Rams we could be at the forefront of the next great defensive revolution. Dungy and Kiffin's Tampa Two defense has been the rage for the last decade or so, but its dominance is starting to fade. Teams are learning how to beat the Tampa Two.

Enter Frazier. A student of both Dungy and Jim Johnson, he likes to show aspects of the Cover and Tampa Two defenses, but from the Johnson side, he likes to blitz and get pressure on the QB from a variety of angles and not just from his front four. If he can get this defense to really work, it's possible that this would be the next big thing for 4-3 defenses. If not, I just hope that we have a respectible defense that holds its own while our Offense rocks the house.

I'll be happy with Frazier, he's one of my top picks.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Does anyone know what coordinators certain coaches would go with if they were brought in to stl...???

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Can't argue with that. He's got a pretty solid run stopping defense. We have been struggling in that department as long as I can remember.

I hope its Ryan or Frazier. We could use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I post here often but I've avoided throwing my two-cents into the ring on this topic because, quite honestly, I don't have enough information on any of the candidates (outside of Haslett, of course) to give any real insight. I like to think that I know something, or make a valid point about a topic before I open mouth and insert foot, if you will.

But I know this.

The next few weeks and months could be some of the most exciting in Rams history. For years many of us, especially the older LA Ram fans, waited patiently for the day that Georgia, Shaw and Ziggy were no longer a part of this organization, as we felt they were the reason the Rams were never considered a top-tier franchise. Well, the time has finally come. What happens in the next few months and following seasons could drastically alter the path, the perception, and the attitude of this franchise.

Even in the days of the GSOT, I didn't feel that the Rams were thought of by other fans and teams as a great franchise, but one that just got lucky, and after having their fifteen minutes of fame, would surely fall back into oblivion. ...which, of course, they did. Hell, I even felt that way. When the wheels came off the wagon, the changes each season at the HC, OC and DC gave us hope, but we knew, deep down, that this team needed wholesale changes. Changes in the FO needed to be made if this team were to change it's identity and become a top-tier organization.

The opportunity for real change and a new course is now here.

Which brings me back to the topic of this post. Who should the next HC of the St. Louis Rams be? ...and my answer is; "I don't know", and "I don't have a preference". But I do know that whoever it is, the man must be committed to defense, discipline, and attitude. Three major components that this team has lacked for far too long.

So Chip, Mr. Devaney, you have the opportunity to bring respect and a new attitude to this franchise. Don't screw it up.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast