Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incognito

mh-i is offline Registered User

Incognito

I see everybody calling for Linehan's head but no mention of Incognito and his role in this loss. If he isn't flagged for holding the Rams go up by 3 and if he isn't flagged for a personal foul after the TD Wilkins doesn't have to kick off from the 15, giving Seattle great field position for the game winning drive. He blew the game as much or more than anybody else in my opinion. I think he should be cut or at the least heavily fined. He's been a loose canon since he's been here.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Incognito

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    I think he should be cut or at the least heavily fined.
    Wow, extreme much?

His mistakes were costly as well but I hesitate to think who would be suiting up for the Rams if we started cutting people simply because they made a costly mistake.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Wow, extreme much?

His mistakes were costly as well but I hesitate to think who would be suiting up for the Rams if we started cutting people simply because they made a costly mistake.
    Same goes for coaching if you fire them after a costly mistake. No coach would last a full year. Not Vermeil, Martz, or Linehan.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Incognito made a couple of costly errors in judgement. However, he did not cost us the game. It is going for it on fourth downs and constantly kicking field goals due to an ineffective red zone offense. Convert all of those and this one isn't even close. Then you can cut Richie loose on the Hawks to burn up some of that pent up frustration and energy and it doesn't cost us much of anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

mh-i is offline Registered User

The problem as I see it is that with Incognito this kind of brain dead PF penalty is becoming a pattern for him. The Rams need to start thinking of the big picture and start weeding out players that aren't mentally prepared to play, week in and week out. This dude mentally broke down on 2 crucial plays in a row. He's been doing all season.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

For what its worth, the guys on the radio, while watching the replay, said they couldn't see what he did to get that first penalty.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

I see everybody calling for Linehan's head but no mention of Incognito and his role in this loss. If he isn't flagged for holding the Rams go up by 3 and if he isn't flagged for a personal foul after the TD Wilkins doesn't have to kick off from the 15, giving Seattle great field position for the game winning drive. He blew the game as much or more than anybody else in my opinion. I think he should be cut or at the least heavily fined. He's been a loose canon since he's been here.
    Ohh come on man.. you're shovelling abuse at Incognito, yet Barron for all his false starts does'nt get a mention.. Yes Richie is hot headed, compare that to the amount of 5 yarders we've lost through Barron's FS's.... if we're throwing abuse lets look at that, many times over as apposed to Incognito's one-off, losing his cool.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Ok, yes Incognito made a mistake on two plays 1. The Personal Foul and 2. The Holding which were back to back. And that might have effected the game a tad, if Cog. doesn't hold then we have a 3 point lead, and if he doens't get that personal foul then Wilkins doesn't kick off so far out.

BUT

The Rams had 3 straight drives where they got the ball at the 50 Seattle territory and did nothing with it each time. Now if you want game changing, there it is right there.
    RamsFan16

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Ya...look how long it took Vermeil to win a Superbowl.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    For what its worth, the guys on the radio, while watching the replay, said they couldn't see what he did to get that first penalty.
    I concur. I think the refs made a mistake. In the replay, it looked like Bruce should have been the one called on the personal foul for jumping on the pile late. I didn't see Cog doing anything wrong. Would any one think to cut Bruce for that?

Cog's holding call was pretty bad though... :x

Barron should be the guy they should seriously consider sitting down for obvious reasons, but since Pace got injured, they don't have much choice now.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

The problem as I see it is that with Incognito this kind of brain dead PF penalty is becoming a pattern for him. The Rams need to start thinking of the big picture and start weeding out players that aren't mentally prepared to play, week in and week out. This dude mentally broke down on 2 crucial plays in a row. He's been doing all season.
    With that logic we might as well get rid of Barron also, since he gets called on so many false starts. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you have nobody better to replace these guys with, also these guys can correct their problems. How come you didn't mention Barron during your bash Incognito post. Let's keep things in perspective.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RealRam is online now Registered User

How about getting RT Big Alex into some special attention course? Too bad, he was doing so well for awhile. Hopefully this is it and drastically corrects the false start problem. --RR
    JS, I mentioned Big Alex!

In agreement with SFCRF, Incognito did not cost us the game. In fact, as AV just pointed out from our radio commentators, I'm not convinced that Richie should have been penalized to begin with! Not that I'm blaming the officials [please, not that again]; it's just that I support Richie and think he's aggressive and doing well at center ... but not deserving that penalty NOR the immediately subsequent one for holding!

For that matter, Hamlin was more deserving of unsportsmankike conduct when he was giving so much lip to Jax!

But, alas, it's neither here nor there. :\ Another heartbreaker and as mentioned elsewhere a plenty, Coach will take the full brunt for this one.
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-12-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Typo

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I have to agree that I never could see what they called the penalty on him for and I rewound the tape and watched several times. Cog has been playing amazingly well since being thrust into the center position, which is arguably the most difficult position to play on the O line. And how you can say he has been a loose cannon since he got here is just rediculous. How about you quote me an example of this behavior?

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User
    I disagree. Incognito is a passionate player that the team needs. He had nothing to do with the return for TD or the 4th & 1 blunders. He is doing complementary work for emergency position change for the center. He's improving in my opinion. As far as the kick off return, the returner shouldn't have been able to get down field as far as he did. The Defense was expended after the big hustle after regrouping from the 1st half. The Special Team coaching needs some Special attention and Coach L needs a boot in his pants to fire him up.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post

Barron should be the guy they should seriously consider sitting down for obvious reasons, but since Pace got injured, they don't have much choice now.
    I thought that I saw a statistic about A. Barron leading the league in the False Start category. Last game or so, I heard that he said that he was trying to get an edge. Is that his story this week? Is he sticking to it?

I understand there's tremendous pressure in the game, but enough already. And before anyone attacks me, I'll say up front that I want him on the team as a starter; we need to fix these mistakes as soon as possible...not ignore them.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-13-2006 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

what has he been doing all season ? filling in at center and doing a pretty good job, sure a couple of untimely penalties, but i think your statement is a little harsh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast