Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marc Bulger Fan is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Incognito Baffled by Penalty

Incognito Baffled by Penalty

From Les Carpenter and Jason La Canfora:
    Rams guard Richie Incognito seemed baffled after the game as to why he was hit with a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty with just seconds remaining and the Rams on the 17-yard line, about to kick a game-winning field goal. The penalty forced St. Louis back to the 32-yard-line and forced kicker Josh Brown to make a much longer field goal, which he did.
    "I cannot explain it," Incognito said.

He said that as Rams quarterback Marc Bulger kneeled to run out the clock, setting up the field goal, several Redskins players tried to swat the ball from his hands, causing a minor scrum between players from both teams. He said running back Stephen Jackson was trying to pull him away from the scuffle when the flag was dropped.

Rams Coach Jim Haslett said the officials told him Incognito was penalized for swearing.
    "My mom will be mad at me," Incognito said.

He said he was not upset by the penalty, adding that he felt the need to defend his quarterback.

"They took a swing at Marc," he said. "We were all jaw jacking."

Several Redskins said that Incognito blurred the lines of fair play more than once. "He could have got several penalties, several personal fouls," linebacker London Fletcher said. "That's his M.O. He does a lot of late hitting, grabbing face masks, things like that. The referee could have actually gave him a penalty before he even [was called for personal foul in the final minute]."

Incognito Baffled by Penalty - Redskins Insider

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: Incognito Baffled by Penalty

Hey "Cogs" has always been a dirty player, but hey he plays better this way, and the O-line looked alot better today. Still I have to wonder why Greco isn't playing.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Watch the film. He just wont shut up.. Mouthing off to the ref constantly. Even his team mates are trying to shut him up as they have the professional intelligence to realise that the games is at a critical stage. Even the much maligned Alex Barron tries to keep him quiet.

If Brown had a missed that kick I don't think we'd be hearing the.."Say what you like about Ritchie his attitiude is what this team needs...etc...etc"

Fact is this pilchard nearly cost us the game because he has no self control. All opposing teams know this, and take advantage of it. Call me old fashioned, call me naive, but this is a game played by highly paid professionals?

Cogs aint that great, and had not the class about him to just STFU at THE most critical point in the match. The consequences of this moron could have been extremely harmful

Harsh?

Err....no.
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -10-13-2008 at 06:12 AM.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I did watch it again, and it was a fair call on Gog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    If Brown had a missed that kick I don't think we'd be hearing the.."Say what you like about Ritchie his attitiude is what this team needs...etc...etc"

Fact is this pilchard nearly cost us the game because he has no self control. All opposing teams know this, and take advantage of it. Call me old fashioned, call me naive, but this is a game played by highly paid professionals?

Cogs aint that great, and had not the class about him to just STFU at THE most critical point in the match. The consequences of this moron could have been extremely harmful
    Nail. Head. Top post, UK Ramfan 83.

Cogs is a hard player but his stupidity is going to cost us big-time one day; why Schuening hasn't replaced him at RG yet is beyond me.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

In my opinion a flag for swearing is ridiculous. Now if he was swearing at the refs that's a different story.

What's next to go into the NFL Rulebook?

George Carlin's 7 dirty words that you can't say on t.v.?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

He said that as Rams quarterback Marc Bulger kneeled to run out the clock, setting up the field goal, several Redskins players tried to swat the ball from his hands, causing a minor scrum between players from both teams. He said running back Stephen Jackson was trying to pull him away from the scuffle when the flag was dropped.
    Richie needs to go back and watch the tape so he can get his story straight. The FOX replay clearly showed him in the huddle standing around with the Rams players, jawing with the official when he was flagged. He was not shown being pulled away from a scuffle with Redskins players. Rather, Jackson stepped in front of Richie and tried to cover his mouth as he was talking to the ref.

Several Redskins said that Incognito blurred the lines of fair play more than once. "He could have got several penalties, several personal fouls," linebacker London Fletcher said. "That's his M.O. He does a lot of late hitting, grabbing face masks, things like that. The referee could have actually gave him a penalty before he even [was called for personal foul in the final minute]."
    Rams fans have tremendous respect for London Fletcher, so I would think if he's out here talking about Richie's out of control play, it should ring a bit more true.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yet again, one post late after Nick posts.

Yeah, the replay definitely shows the Rams all in a huddle just standing around, presumably during the timeout, and Cogs is looking out of the huddle, down offscreen, where the yellow flag comes up and out of, and says one word, just ONE word. Given how wide his mouth got to pronounce it(It kinda looks like "What"), I doubt he said thanks.

As good as he plays, or a dirty, as Fletcher says, this kind of thing is inexcusable, and I hope he's at least fined by the team, in addition to what he will be by the league.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

so I think it's safe to say Incognito bends the rules most of the game,do you guys think he needs to do that to be any good at all ? I mean the guy is the size of a small car and I always thought he was talented but maybe not so much if he needs to play dirty,some guys play dirty to get the upper hand but could do just as well without and then others need to play dirty to be successful,which one is Richie I. ?

union jack rammer is offline Registered User

me thinks the ref had his feelings hurt, so he "mans up" by throwing the flag. What an 'effin pansy.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It was bad when he did that yesterday. Luckily, we have a very good kicker in Josh Brown and he won us the game.

Haslett should let know Cogs' job is on the line or something! His attitude needs to change.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

The ref has Brown on his fantasy team and knew he'd make the 49 yarder and garner an extra bonus point.
    Semper Fi!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    It was bad when he did that yesterday. Luckily, we have a very good kicker in Josh Brown and he won us the game.

Haslett should let know Cogs' job is on the line or something! His attitude needs to change.
    I don't know that Ritchie needs to change his attitude, it might be better if we had a few more players with his attitude. That said, Haslett needs to find a way for Richie to channel his nastiness into more production on the field of play. Cogs needs to think "team first" before he opens his mouth, or worse after the whistle blows. JH can help with this. I hope Ritchie realizes how lucky he is that Josh made that kick ...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Cogs has a reputation around the league, which is well documented. Knowing that, opposing players do their best to get under his skin hoping to get a personal foul called. Watch the game again (if you're lucky enough to have it saved) and you'll see that there were several little "incidents" in which you'll see Cogs around. In fact, at one time during the game I was yelling at the screen for Cogs to just "walk away." ...and I was giving him kudos for not falling into their trap. They were trying to get him to do something stupid, and until that final moment, he resisted, or at least, got away from it before a flag could be thrown.

Unfortunately, his brain finally shut down and he did the unthinkable by yelling at the ref during the most crucial moment of this young season. He needs to get his act together, and now. You know other teams are now on the alert, even more than ever with this guy, and they'll do what they can to get him to lose it.

Hopefully, Haslett will sit down with this young man and attempt to get it through his thick head that cheap shots and trash talk do not a tough guy make.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

This below is just a stupid post. The Ref is there to do his job, and as much as I love the rams, we did not need that flag, but we got it because it was deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by union jack rammer View Post
    me thinks the ref had his feelings hurt, so he "mans up" by throwing the flag. What an 'effin pansy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast