Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Incognito questions

As Incognito is the only unsigned pick (in the NFL) and at this time he is property of the Rams. What will happened come next draft. It is my understanding that the putz gets to re-enter the draft. If this is true what compensation does the Rams receive? This could turn out of to be a crappy draft again if we loose yet another pick.

Seems pretty unfair in my book. Teams are allotted only so much to sign their picks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Incognito questions

As I understand it, we get nada if he bolts.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

It would stink if he were to bolt. Somehow, though, I think he'll take the money sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    It would stink if he were to bolt. Somehow, though, I think he'll take the money sooner or later.
    I wonder if he is working anywhere now. Maybe he's a......

Wal-mart greeter
    Incognito: Welcome to Wal-mart, you @#$%& piece of monkey $%@#%$&. Take a cart! TAKE A CART OR I'M GOING TO RAM IT UP YOUR @#$%%@$# AND MAKE YOU LIKE IT, MOTH@#$%@#@#$ER.

Shoney's waiter
    Customer: Excuse me waiter, there's a fly in my soup.
    Incognito: THERE'S ABOUT TO BE HOLE IN YOUR FACE YOU STUPID @#$@%@$#$@@# WAD OF @#$$@##@.

Church of Christ preacher
    Incognito: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WANNA GET BAPTIZED?!?!? BAPTIZE NOTHING..I'M GONNA DROWN YOUR @#$@#$$@@#$@#$, YOU STUPID @#$$@#%@#$

Head of FEMA
    Mayor Nagin: Why is the federal response so slow?
    Incognito: BECAUSE I'M TOO BUSY OPENING UP THIS CAN OF WHOOP A** ON YOUR @#$$#@@#@$@@#@, YOU CRAZY @#$$@#$@#$

Surgeon
    Nurse: Dr., maybe you should use the scapel?
    Incognito: DON'T TELL ME MY @#$@#$@#$ JOB. I KNOW WHAT THE @#$@#$ I'M DOING. I'LL RIP HIS @#$@#$ ARM OFF AND BEAT THE $#@#$@#@# OUTTA YOU WITH IT $#@@#$@#$.

Yea, I don't see any of those working for him. Maybe he better just sign the contract.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

If we get nothing and he gets a chance to move up in the draft next year and get paid more, why wouldn't he hold out until next season. It is my understanding he dropped to the third only because of his injury and he could have been a late first, early second if not for that. Its a win, win for him and lose, lose for us. He wont sign.

I don't think his injury impacted his draft standing that much. i think it was more a question of his suspension. If he waits till next year, he'll be lucky to be drafted at all.

And, HU... you think he could make a good anger management counselor?

NFL suspension????

I think he would get drafted.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

He is first round material.

He was suspended his senior year in college. No way anyone drafts him in the first round next year.

goose9857 is offline Registered User

Only the rams would draft a guy that didn't play his last year. And not only draft him but pick him in the third round. Hope he proves me wrong, but i think the rams drafted only because of his cool name. haha

The Rams drafted him because the guy has pure talent, has one nasty mean streak and was tearing it up at the combine before he blew out his knee. I have to agree with Tx here. First round material and if he holds out until next season will be drafted higher than he was this year.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Angry Re: Incognito questions

If Richie I. holds out and re-enters the Draft, I say we pass the hat and make a phone call.

I know a guy who can see to it that he blows out more than just a knee.

Waste a 3rd-round pick on your crippled ass-I don't think so.

MFer.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

STLRAMSFAN Guest

If he don’t sign this year I don’t see him going higher then 2nd round next year. I don’t know what he would make this year but if we include or have included as much guaranteed money as we can then I think he will sign eventually. Because if he don’t he will get $0 this year and will have to get the same amount next year as what we offered this year plus what he would have got this year.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    He is first round material.
    He definitely is/was. However, by the time the 2006 draft gets here, it will have been nearly 3 years since he's seen a football field. 1st round talent, yes, but how much of it will have been lost in that time span. If I were him, I'd go with the sure money now, than roll the dice and risk a worse spot next year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    If we get nothing and he gets a chance to move up in the draft next year and get paid more, why wouldn't he hold out until next season.
    Because the liklihood of him reentering the draft and being selected higher than he was in 2005 is slim to none. Not only does he still have all the baggage he brought into 2005, but he also has the baggage of a contract dispute that he refused to comprimise on and also the injury concern from this year.

Quote Originally Posted by goose9857
    Only the rams would draft a guy that didn't play his last year. And not only draft him but pick him in the third round.
    Denver Broncos? At least we still have a chance to make something happen with our third round pick.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast