Ahbatu Ujeema is offline Registered User

Incognito turning some heads

Found this from another board. The kid has really done great so far. I feel the same way as this writer does, he did better then a good job against Jamal Williams from SD.

Dr. Z from SI says

"My favorite center to watch is the Rams' Richie Incognito, a nasty young man who backs down from nobody and is one of the few centers who fought the Chargers' Jamal Williams to a standstill. "

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Incognito turning some heads

Yeah I saw that earlier in the "Dr. Z's Sleeper All-Pros" article found here:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.10.html

Seems we have that position locked down for many years. Gotta love when young talent gets this good this early.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I thought the same thing when I saw him in the Chargers game. Richie's doing a great job there, especially for someone who hadn't played center in so long.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

This is great news and all; but I keep wondering if The Cog would help the Rams more by playing guard. His nasty, physical demeanor is perfect for the drive-blockin' road-grader that we desperately need at that position. Sometimes the center position is more of a thinking man's game.

WHAT SAY YE?

wanderer is offline Registered User

Blocking isn't the issue with Incognito, he's a stud. But, as center he's got to have the smarts to call the line assignments. He's learning and will make mistakes. He'll be that much better next year. He'll have a year experience and a entire off season to get his footwork and techniques down which has got to be different for center than guard.

Some of the sacks Bulger's taken have come from blown line assignments and I can only wonder how much of that is the call at the line by the center. Again, this can only get better as he gets experience.