Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,584
    Rep Power
    145

    Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Chris Long - tackles, 3rd in the league among DL
    Chris Long - tackles, leads all 2nd year DL

    James Laurinaitis - tackles, 4th in the league
    James Laurinaitis - tackles, leads all rookies

    OJ Atogwe - tackles, 3rd in the league among FS
    OJ Atogwe - one of only 3 defenders with an int., at least 3 PDs, and at least 15 tackles

    David Vobora - tackles, 3rd in the league among 2nd year players
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-23-2009 at 08:59 AM.

    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  2. #2
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,597
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    I don't see how anyone can deny that the defense is making strides. The pass rush is still a problem, but overall they seem to be coming together and going in the right direction. This week will be a big test against a team that is going to throw the ball down the field quite a bit. The Rams MUST pressure Rogers.

  3. #3
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    I agree with AV, this D is slowly, but surely, getting there.
    Sweet stat about Vobora, I'm really starting to like that guy. I can't wait until the days when opponents fear the Rams once again!

  4. #4
    MikeD's Avatar
    MikeD is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Agreed! The D is getting better and creating lots of opportunities for the offense... However, there is one glaring exploit we need to resolve is the wide open TE. Both the Seahawks and Redskins capitalized on this several times.

    I believe we'll get it fixed.

  5. #5
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,618
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't see how anyone can deny that the defense is making strides. The pass rush is still a problem, but overall they seem to be coming together and going in the right direction. This week will be a big test against a team that is going to throw the ball down the field quite a bit. The Rams MUST pressure Rogers.
    Imagine what our defense will look like once we can apply pressure to the QB?

    I think we'll be having a much feared defense in the coming years...


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  6. #6
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,120
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Chris Long - tackles, 3rd in the league among DL
    Chris Long - tackles, leads all 2nd year DL

    James Laurinaitis - tackles, 4th in the league
    James Laurinaitis - tackles, leads all rookies

    OJ Atogwe - tackles, 3rd in the league among FS
    OJ Atogwe - one of only 3 defenders with an int., at least 3 PDs, and at least 15 tackles

    David Vobora - tackles, 3rd in the league among 2nd year players
    Hubison, not sure how to respond to this, you have numbers to support your point. I'm not a stats guy, and I'm getting used to post that state Marc sux.

    Great post thanks for taking the time show the direction we are headed.
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.

  7. #7
    rNemesis's Avatar
    rNemesis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nassau
    Age
    29
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't see how anyone can deny that the defense is making strides. The pass rush is still a problem, but overall they seem to be coming together and going in the right direction. This week will be a big test against a team that is going to throw the ball down the field quite a bit. The Rams MUST pressure Rogers.
    which wont happen because leonard little is old and chris long doesnt even have a clue where the ball is and half of his tackles are down the field anyway. But Little is a huge disappointment and vobora is just making the sure tackle...again 20 yards downfield because of no pass rush. So dont make it seem like these guys are playing lights out they are playing average

  8. #8
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Chris Long add some Sacks to those numbers and we will take this D to the next level, but I'm loving what we have so far

  9. #9
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,597
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    which wont happen because leonard little is old and chris long doesnt even have a clue where the ball is and half of his tackles are down the field anyway. But Little is a huge disappointment and vobora is just making the sure tackle...again 20 yards downfield because of no pass rush. So dont make it seem like these guys are playing lights out they are playing average
    Another "fan" who sees nothing but negatives... how original.

  10. #10
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,427
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    which wont happen because leonard little is old and chris long doesnt even have a clue where the ball is and half of his tackles are down the field anyway. But Little is a huge disappointment and vobora is just making the sure tackle...again 20 yards downfield because of no pass rush. So dont make it seem like these guys are playing lights out they are playing average
    So..... Long is staying with plays and hustling downfield to make tackles and Vobora is "just" making sure tackles?? You see these things as negatives??

  11. #11
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,044
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    which wont happen because leonard little is old and chris long doesnt even have a clue where the ball is and half of his tackles are down the field anyway. But Little is a huge disappointment and vobora is just making the sure tackle...again 20 yards downfield because of no pass rush. So dont make it seem like these guys are playing lights out they are playing average

    If he doesn't know where the ball is, then how is he getting those tackles? Is he tackling players without the ball? Is he tackling crime in his local community?

  12. #12
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Better than last year, so I can't complain. If the D started to look worse I wouldn't be happy, but as long as we can continue to see improvement, I'll take it.

  13. #13
    cfh128's Avatar
    cfh128 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    This is a brand new defense we have installed. The more time our guys have getting the hang of this thing, the better the results are going to be. The whole "react rather than think" deal. All in due time. I think we have the makings of a pretty intimidating defense if we can get it running right.

  14. #14
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Only thing we have to do is apply pressure on the QB. We did a much better job last week. One can only hope we continue the trend of improving from one week to another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

  15. #15
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,218
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Chris Long - tackles, 3rd in the league among DL
    Chris Long - tackles, leads all 2nd year DL

    James Laurinaitis - tackles, 4th in the league
    James Laurinaitis - tackles, leads all rookies

    OJ Atogwe - tackles, 3rd in the league among FS
    OJ Atogwe - one of only 3 defenders with an int., at least 3 PDs, and at least 15 tackles

    David Vobora - tackles, 3rd in the league among 2nd year players
    I'm a big stats guy but what do the numbers really mean? Are the stats good or bad? How many tackles are at the line of scrimmage or close to it? How many are for a loss of yardage? Are Lauranitis, Vobora and Long making the tackles because they are playing their position right or because they chasing the opposition down the field? So far the opposing TE is killing us. Is that on Vobora?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Team Postion Rankings
    By RamsFan16 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -06-07-2006, 09:07 AM
  2. Rams take coaching show to LA
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-17-2006, 05:57 PM
  3. NFL Draft Countdown's Nov. 11 Mock Draft
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-15-2005, 07:36 PM
  4. Salary Cap Request
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-31-2004, 02:48 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-04-2004, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •