Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: Individual Defensive effort by the #'s

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    which wont happen because leonard little is old and chris long doesnt even have a clue where the ball is and half of his tackles are down the field anyway. But Little is a huge disappointment and vobora is just making the sure tackle...again 20 yards downfield because of no pass rush. So dont make it seem like these guys are playing lights out they are playing average
    This post is beyond stupid. Why don't you go root for the *****?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

IM not overly bothered about sacks, what bothers me is the amount of pressures, and the non collapsing of the pocket.
    I hope the new guy Ramsey can have some impact this week, this is one week where we must get to the QB
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-23-2009 at 11:14 AM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm a big stats guy but what do the numbers really mean? Are the stats good or bad? How many tackles are at the line of scrimmage or close to it? How many are for a loss of yardage? Are Lauranitis, Vobora and Long making the tackles because they are playing their position right or because they chasing the opposition down the field? So far the opposing TE is killing us. Is that on Vobora?
    I had the same list of questions when I read the OP. It's not so much how many tackles, but where on the field they are they being made.

And, in many ways, it's not so much the number of sacks but the QB pressures that are essential to good defense. We are not getting either from our D-line at this time.

Now, what was that old quote from Will Rogers about statistics? Oh yeah, something like "There are lies, d*mn lies, and statistics."

WHAT SAY YE?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

While it might not be making the impact that Hub initially wanted, I think the one thing you can still say about the statistics that he presented is that we're finally getting some good tacklers out there on the field. And more specifically, ones that can really rack up the tackles and get stops. Last year we wouldn't even get those stops. Eventually the pressures and sacks will come; I believe!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm a big stats guy but what do the numbers really mean? Are the stats good or bad? How many tackles are at the line of scrimmage or close to it? How many are for a loss of yardage? Are Lauranitis, Vobora and Long making the tackles because they are playing their position right or because they chasing the opposition down the field? So far the opposing TE is killing us. Is that on Vobora?
    It's means these young players are being active. Being 3rd is better than being 4th which is better than being 8th which is better than being 29th, etc. I, too, would be interested in further analysis but I don't have the time. Please follow up on that, if you get a chance.

I didn't post this thread to say the young Rams D has arrived; but rather that they are moving in the right direction.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12