throwback week

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Indoors vs. Outdoors

Our RAMS have played 5 games "indoors". 4 at the Edward Jones Dome and 1 on the road at the Superdome. Our record in Dome games is 1-4 our only dome win coming on the road. However we were competitive in all 4 of our games at home. With any luck at all we would have split the 4 home games.

1. Lost vs Caorlina 27-13 (Steven Jackson fumbles twice)
    2. Lost vs San Fran 17-16 ( Holt fumbles through the endzone & Dante' Hall fumbles a punt)
    3. Lost vs Arizona 34-31 ( The refs stole this game from us)
    4. Lost vs Cleveland 27-20 ( Ahead 14-3 when Steven Jackson goes out with the back injury)

Our offense has put up 117 points and averaged 361.4 net yards per "Indoor" game.

Outdoors is a completely different picture. Granted obviously all "outdoor" games are road games. We are 1-4 "outdoors" with our lone win coming against the pathetic Whiners.

1. Lost @ Tampa Bay 24-3
    2. Lost @ Dallas 35-7
    3. Lost @ Baltimore 22-3
    4. Lost @ Seattle 33-6
    5. Won @ San Fran 13-9

Our offense has scored 32 as in thirty-two points in 5 "outdoor" road games. While averaging an equally embarrassing 224.8 total net yards per game.

The good news is that we have 6 regular season games left to play. 4 of which will be played "in" the Edward Jones Dome. The other 2 will be at Cincinnati and Arizona.

My question is this: Does our team have a problem with "outdoor" football? I mean liars figure but figures don't lie. We are horrendous "OUTDOORS"!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Indoors vs. Outdoors

Let me it take this a step further.

For the 2006 season we played 7 "outdoor" games and 9 "indoor" games.

OUTDOORS:
    118 total points scored (16.9 ppg avg.)

INDOORS:
    249 total points scored (27.6 ppg avg)

Our offense sputters outside.

Why?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm just glad we're going for three in a row indoors!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Our RAMS have played 5 games "indoors". 4 at the Edward Jones Dome and 1 on the road at the Superdome. Our record in Dome games is 1-4 our only dome win coming on the road. However we were competitive in all 4 of our games at home. With any luck at all we would have split the 4 home games.

1. Lost vs Caorlina 27-13 (Steven Jackson fumbles twice)
    2. Lost vs San Fran 17-16 ( Holt fumbles through the endzone & Dante' Hall fumbles a punt)
    3. Lost vs Arizona 34-31 ( The refs stole this game from us)
    4. Lost vs Cleveland 27-20 ( Ahead 14-3 when Steven Jackson goes out with the back injury)

Our offense has put up 117 points and averaged 361.4 net yards per "Indoor" game.

Outdoors is a completely different picture. Granted obviously all "outdoor" games are road games. We are 1-4 "outdoors" with our lone win coming against the pathetic Whiners.

1. Lost @ Tampa Bay 24-3
    2. Lost @ Dallas 35-7
    3. Lost @ Baltimore 22-3
    4. Lost @ Seattle 33-6
    5. Won @ San Fran 13-9

Our offense has scored 32 as in thirty-two points in 5 "outdoor" road games. While averaging an equally embarrassing 224.8 total net yards per game.

The good news is that we have 6 regular season games left to play. 4 of which will be played "in" the Edward Jones Dome. The other 2 will be at Cincinnati and Arizona.

My question is this: Does our team have a problem with "outdoor" football? I mean liars figure but figures don't lie. We are horrendous "OUTDOORS"!
    I can't argue the fact that we play better indoors. One thing that I see for this season is our road games were usually against better defenses (other than the Saints - indoors). Tampa, Dallas, Balt are all good. Seattle has a decent D, same with SF.

So that's just one thing I see as to why we are worse on the road this year so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

moloch41 Guest

Yeah, I think we're slightly better on the rug, but I would lay this more on the competition we've played rather than the surface on which we played them.