Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

And, like it or not, Luck is exceptionally highly regarded, so much more so than your typical "top QB" in any given class. I feel comfortable saying, in my personal opinion, he'd be my highest graded QB of any that have come out in the last decade.
    Et tu, brute? Are you really buying all the hype on this kid, Nick?

If he really is all that, then this whole discussion is for naught. The Colts are in the driver's seat to the #1 spot, and would obviously be fools to win in Jax. Thereby making this whole conversation a moot point.

Personally, I see the best QB in the draft, but nothing more than that.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

peramoure is offline Registered User

I guess it just takes somebody else saying it for this guy to listen. Thanks Nick. ;-)

dgr828 is offline Registered User

The best thing the Rams can do is draft Luc and keep him to compete with Sam for the starting QB JOB. Trade JAX, hes still valuable to garner a few choice picks. Too m
    uch is tied up Steven which is part of the Rams problems. Move him now while we can get something for him. Chris Johnson for the Titans had an off year, Rams should look into aquiring him to help jumpstart this offense. Yes, CJ is a better fit for the Rams. Time for the Rams to start making 'All the right moves!'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Et tu, brute? Are you really buying all the hype on this kid, Nick?If he really is all that, then this whole discussion is for naught. The Colts are in the driver's seat to the #1 spot, and would obviously be fools to win in Jax. Thereby making this whole conversation a moot point.Personally, I see the best QB in the draft, but nothing more than that.
    I dont think Orlovsky or any of the colts players care about a spot or two difference in their draft position. They want to win. Hopefully, they do.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    The best thing the Rams can do is draft Luc and keep him to compete with Sam for the starting QB JOB. Trade JAX, hes still valuable to garner a few choice picks. Too m
    uch is tied up Steven which is part of the Rams problems. Move him now while we can get something for him. Chris Johnson for the Titans had an off year, Rams should look into aquiring him to help jumpstart this offense. Yes, CJ is a better fit for the Rams. Time for the Rams to start making 'All the right moves!'
    Yea, getting a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jax while getting rid of our best offensive weapon is a great idea.....

If you think we'd get anything higher your smoking something strong.

Would be a great move to get rid of a great rb who plays for the team and plays hard every down and wants the best for his teams all the while behind one of the worst lines in the nfl, and pick up a back who is obviously in it for the money.

Ill take Sjax now over CK any day of the week. dont want that clown wearing a rams uni.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    I dont think Orlovsky or any of the colts players care about a spot or two difference in their draft position. They want to win. Hopefully, they do.
    Of course they want to win, if they draft Luck that'll mean Manning and Luck on the same team, and since a lot of teams only go with 2 qb's during the season, theyd be out of a job, or on the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Yea, getting a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jax while getting rid of our best offensive weapon is a great idea.....

If you think we'd get anything higher your smoking something strong.

Would be a great move to get rid of a great rb who plays for the team and plays hard every down and wants the best for his teams all the while behind one of the worst lines in the nfl, and pick up a back who is obviously in it for the money.

Ill take Sjax now over CK any day of the week. dont want that clown wearing a rams uni.
    This 'Clown' Chris Johnson could be the Ringleader of the second coming of the 'GREATEST SHOW ON TURF', much in the way when Marshall came from
    Indy. Same situation here, and hey! They both wore 28! Thats a Win~Win!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This 'Clown' Chris Johnson could be the Ringleader of the second coming of the 'GREATEST SHOW ON TURF', much in the way when Marshall came from
    Im not saying it wouldnt be nice to have CJ on our team, but for his price and getting rid of Jax for some mid round pick isnt worth it.

If we could somehow keep both, thad be the real win win.

This 'Clown' Chris Johnson could be the Ringleader of the second coming of the 'GREATEST SHOW ON TURF', much in the way when Marshall came from Indy. Same situation here, and hey! They both wore 28! Thats a Win~Win!
    O yeah lets take Chris Johnson and his monster contract off the Titans hands. Hes not worth even close to what hes gettin paid. Also, for what we would have to give to get him in return, it would be the worst trade we can make at this point. Were trying to rebuild here. Chris Johnsons going to be trash in a year or two, and it took him forever to come around this year. Im not for giving around 10 percent of my salary cap to any running back. Especially someone of his size. Case closed.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    I guess it just takes somebody else saying it for this guy to listen. Thanks Nick. ;-)
    Au contraire. I've simply added Nick to the list of people who have fully purchased the Andrew Luck hype machine. I disagree with both of you.

And really that's all this conversation (and our disagreement) boils down to. You (and apparently Nick) see him to be a player that is once in a decade, several decades, lifetime, generation, forever (I've heard them all so far)kind of player. I don't. I see an excellent QB prospect that has all the tools necessary to be a successful NFL QB. Certainly not a guy worth 4 first round picks or 6 first round picks (good grief, Balzer must have been hitting the eggnog HARD this year).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

and i never called CJ a clown, he just seems more about money then team. Based off of this season ofc.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Et tu, brute? Are you really buying all the hype on this kid, Nick?
    I'm not "buying the hype," because to me that implies that I'm simply taking someone else's word for it rather than forming my own opinion or that I'm being persuaded by someone else with an agenda to pump up Luck. That's not the case at all. I've watched him play, and since I've been closely following the draft (approx. 10 years), he's the best QB prospect I've seen. That's not hype; that's my opinion based on observation and evaluation of what I look for in an elite quarterback. What he does as a pro is going to depend on numerous factors, but as a prospect, he's the best I've seen at the position since I seriously started watching with this lens.

While I personally agree that six first round picks is over the top, Howard Balzer doesn't strike me as someone who just makes up rumors. Nor is he the first reporter who has speculated that the rights to the first overall pick could cost a team multiple first round picks. When you consider what the New York Giants were willing to trade to get Eli Manning in 2004 (two first rounders plus two other picks), and the fact that Oakland traded a first and second round (potentially first round) pick to Cincinnati for the aging Carson Palmer just this season, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the rights to Andrew Luck may cost multiple first round picks.

You may not agree, but there are precedents in draft history that demonstrate how highly elite, franchise quarterbacks are regarded. Combine those with a climate where (1) one of the top three QB prospects is returning to school, therefore limiting the supply, and (2) a rookie wage scale that makes a high pick more affordable and justifiable for an organization, and I think we could look at a situation where a team exchanges a big package for the rights to pick first in this class. Assuming the team that earns the spot doesn't stay there and make the choice themselves.
    Last edited by Nick; -12-26-2011 at 12:53 AM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You guys serious? As much as I love SJAX, at this point in his career, I'd take CJ2K over him every damn day of the week. You want explosive, and fast? A playmaker, gamebreaker? Cant get no better than the 4.24 40 yard dash Chris Johnson. The guy had an off year... What do you want? Hes still going to break 1,000 with an off year.

He in my opinion is the best RB in the game, still. I'd take him over 99% of the players in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You guys serious? As much as I love SJAX, at this point in his career, I'd take CJ2K over him every damn day of the week. You want explosive, and fast? A playmaker, gamebreaker? Cant get no better than the 4.24 40 yard dash Chris Johnson. The guy had an off year... What do you want? Hes still going to break 1,000 with an off year.

He in my opinion is the best RB in the game, still. I'd take him over 99% of the players in the NFL.
    Here, Here Sosa! SJAX has many miles on him, I love him too,but
    if you can take CJ off the Titans hands, who also have many holes to
    fill, you do it. It'll be interesting to see if this scenario could actually play out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You guys serious? As much as I love SJAX, at this point in his career, I'd take CJ2K over him every damn day of the week. You want explosive, and fast? A playmaker, gamebreaker? Cant get no better than the 4.24 40 yard dash Chris Johnson. The guy had an off year... What do you want? Hes still going to break 1,000 with an off year. He in my opinion is the best RB in the game, still. I'd take him over 99% of the players in the NFL.
    Have you seen his contract? Yeah ofcourse if we could get him cheap who wouldnt want him. Thats never going to happen. Sjax id much better than CJ when it comes to thr oline performance. CJ would get gobbled up with this oline. Like I said its not worth what hes worth and what it would be worth to get him. Now try and persuade me otherwise and i GUARANTEE you cant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast