Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 67 of 67
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

  1. #61
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,504
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Here, Here Sosa! SJAX has many miles on him, I love him too,but
    if you can take CJ off the Titans hands, who also have many holes to
    fill, you do it. It'll be interesting to see if this scenario could actually play out.
    I'd give up a 1st undoubtedly for CJ2K. You'd be extremely lucky to land a guy in the first round that'll turn out as good as Johnson. But the Titans know this. There is no way the would part with him, never. They are well aware of the things this guy can do. In my opinion, he is the most explosive player in the NFL today. I'd take him over any RB in the NFL, no questions asked.


  2. #62
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,504
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Have you seen his contract? Yeah ofcourse if we could get him cheap who wouldnt want him. Thats never going to happen. Sjax id much better than CJ when it comes to thr oline performance. CJ would get gobbled up with this oline. Like I said its not worth what hes worth and what it would be worth to get him. Now try and persuade me otherwise and i GUARANTEE you cant.
    You're worried about his contract? That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. By your standards we may as well get rid of Bradford, Long, Jackson, Mikell, Dahl, Brown just because they have big contracts. If players play at a high level, they deserve the money. In other words, CJ deserves it. And no you wont get him for cheap. Every single team in the NFL would trade their 3rd round pick for the guy, of course it would be expensive. And I dont care about persuading you, thats not what Im here to do. What I can guarantee you, is that I will leave my opinion on my posts..

  3. #63
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'd give up a 1st undoubtedly for CJ2K. You'd be extremely lucky to land a guy in the first round that'll turn out as good as Johnson. But the Titans know this. There is no way the would part with him, never. They are well aware of the things this guy can do. In my opinion, he is the most explosive player in the NFL today. I'd take him over any RB in the NFL, no questions asked.
    You prove my point. We cant get him for as cheap as we would need to get him, so its pointless to debate ab it.

  4. #64
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You're worried about his contract? That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. By your standards we may as well get rid of Bradford, Long, Jackson, Mikell, Dahl, Brown just because they have big contracts. If players play at a high level, they deserve the money. In other words, CJ deserves it. And no you wont get him for cheap. Every single team in the NFL would trade their 3rd round pick for the guy, of course it would be expensive. And I dont care about persuading you, thats not what Im here to do. What I can guarantee you, is that I will leave my opinion on my posts..
    Hows it dumb? Its not like were a top tier team with all pieces in place except for a RB. We have so many holes to fill and trading for ANY RB would leave those holes gaping. Has Steven Jackson not proved to you that having a franchise RB means absolutely nothing without a supporting cast. I completely understand your opinion and respect ir. However, this is mine and i stand by it.

  5. #65
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,504
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Hows it dumb? Its not like were a top tier team with all pieces in place except for a RB. We have so many holes to fill and trading for ANY RB would leave those holes gaping. Has Steven Jackson not proved to you that having a franchise RB means absolutely nothing without a supporting cast. I completely understand your opinion and respect ir. However, this is mine and i stand by it.
    And thats fine. But to worry about a players contract when he has went over 1,000 yards for 4 seasons in a row and cracked 2,000 is something extremely odd to me. Especially when SJAX is almost getting as much.

  6. #66
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    How can you not worry about his contract when its that huge? The point that im making is that we cant afforx to givd up what we would have to trade him. Do you think we can? Seriously?

  7. #67
    peramoure is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Indy just won, Rams in contention for 1st pick!

    HUb! Dude! You are the exception to the rule.

    Peter King, Mel Kiper, Todd McShay - just about every nationwide Football guy has said that the going rate is a minimum THREE first round picks! I'm not basing my opinion on thin air. Peter King TODAY said in HIS COLUMN that he believes the Colts will win, Rams will get the first round pick, and will get a minimum of three First Round picks.

    So the guys that travel from camp to camp, study the draft, study the prospects - they're all wrong. But because *you* say he is just another QB (not finding ANY other national guy to support you) you're right, according to you.

    All national journalists say everything opposite of your opinion. It is clear at this point that you're not interested in facts, national journalists, consensus opinion - merely your own opinion without any insight in to why.

    Tell me why you're right and he is just another QB, and all three of the biggest nationwide football journalists say he will garner a kinds randsom.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Rams scout arrested in Indy
    By sjacksonrules in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: -03-01-2011, 09:58 PM
  2. Since Rams Are Still In Contention
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
  3. Rams in contention? Sounds crazy, but . . .
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -10-20-2007, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-02-2004, 07:34 PM
  5. Meeks To Indy
    By evil disco man in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -02-25-2002, 12:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •