Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Infamous "Tuck Rule" Game

richtree is offline Registered User

The Infamous "Tuck Rule" Game

I never really thought about it for years, and ESPN was just doing a special on the "Tuck Rule" game ......

The Pats won that game in the snow with Tom Brady due to the controversial call...but now that I think about it -----

THE RAMS WOULD HAVE 90% WON THE SUPERBOWL IF WE PLAYED GRUDEN'S RAIDERS....

We were 2 touchdown favorites and it took the greatest QB of all time out of nowhere to beat the Greatest Show on Turf.....

So crazy how that "tuck rule" call changed the fate of the Patriots but also the Rams losing out on another SuperBowl...

Just bringing up and old point in Rams History

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Infamous "Tuck Rule" Game

The refs paved the way for the Patriots through the playoffs and that FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL!

ARGH!!!!!!!

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Inserting fingers in ear and repeating out loud... "Fisher, Fisher, Fisher, Fisher, Fisher, Fisher...."

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Yes, Oakland was royally screwed in that game, but our gutless effort vs. New England should be enough evidence that we wouldn't have beaten Oakland or anyone else. And Tom Brady wasn't yet the Tom Brady we've come to see as a HOF caliber QB. We simply sh** the bed with poor playcalling, turnovers and a bad game plan. I knew we were in trouble when New England was introduced AS A TEAM and then we proceeded to sleepwalk offensively. A day that will live in my personal sports infamy.

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Not to mention if we played the Raiders we wouldn't have had the spy gate scandal by Billecheat....still angers me to this day.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Systemlangstaff View Post
    Not to mention if we played the Raiders we wouldn't have had the spy gate scandal by Billecheat....still angers me to this day.
    I remember this loss like it was yesterday too. Its much more vivid to me than the SuperBowl win. Which is a shame. I still can't fathom how we lost this game, too this day. It's was unforgivable with the talent at our disposal. Only a complete blithering idiot could mess this one up. Unfortunately we had a coach that arrogant, he thought we just had to turn up, to collect the trophy.?

The Raiders suffered the most though. They lost the game. Then their coach, who they adored. Then adding insult to injury. The same coach then come's back the next year, with another team. Then beats the living daylights out of them, in the SuperBowl of all games.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

This one was planned even a blind man could see it coming. I knew with 911 sentiment and Patriot theme we were toast. The league needed a hero and Tom Brady was his name. I thought it hurt to lose Superbowl vs Steelers but when you get shafted you learn what true hurt really feels like.

I can't stand patsys. I felt a little relief of my hatred when the giants humiliated them. it was funny that they couldn't get belicheat back on the sidelines when there was still time left on the clock. at any rate GO RAVENS!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

I hear you. Yeah the Raiders were never the same again. Just a very dramatic time for our clubs, and here we are scarred for life on that aspect. I'm still angry that all that pats got was a slap on the wrist and a couple draft picks taken away. If anything, it showed that the nfl found it okay to cheat. Unreal.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Mehh, I was over that a long time ago. The Pats have had their fair share of misfortunes as well, and we're a team with a solid nucleus that can compete sooner or now.

However, don't be surprised if Brady starts whining like this again on Sunday.

LA Rammer and THOLTFAN81 like this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Speaking of the tuck rule game, here is a quote that, ironically enough, was just posted by Adam Schefter

RT @bhofheimer_espn: @ESPN has 7 NFL analysts who were in Tuck Rule game 10 yrs today: Mangini,Bruschi,Gruden,Allen,Ritchie,Rice,Woody.
    lostsoul likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

The tuck rule is such BS, if anything it should be ruled intentional grounding.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

How many of you remember how in the super bowl that year they ignored the tight ends and half back until the middle of the third quarter...when they actually started coming back. It was Martz trying to seem smarter then Belicheck and how miserably he failed in doing it. He wanted to be the coach who changed gears in the super bowl and won , at the half I was screaming at the TV then they came out and same thing. They went back to what worked but too little too late. you lose when you earn it. Sadly I was in a room full of Pats fans who all were sheepishly saying well we got this far. As soon as the kick was boomed I got leveled with " we knew we would win". Still burns me that if Dick Vermeil was the coach still they would have had 2 in 3 years.
    Last edited by MelloStang; -01-23-2012 at 05:42 PM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    This is too funny! I just can't see how Bridget and Gisele went for him. Ahhh money the great equalizer of tantrum throwing babies.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

MelloStang is offline Registered User

I think your confusing the one play you have a peg for with what probably was happening there. Frustration gets everyone eventually in the game there he was probably calling for a protection for the millionth time that once again wasnt showing up , id be pissed too.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Oh the painful memories..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast