Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Infinite points from Game 2 - vs. *****

I don't have time to do a big write-up, so here are some observations I'd like to comment. Please comment!
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-17-2007 at 12:36 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Infinite points from Game 2 - vs. *****

so here are some observations
    Did you forget to post them?

Sorry, don't know what happened ....

1. No quarterback in the league has as much guts as Marc Bulger. He got hit time after time after time, and he kept making plays. He was in visible pain but quickly got up after each hit. What a leader this guys is.

2. Are we sure Ike didn't stop aging at 30? What an awesome performance. I can't remember what DB it was, but Ike was running a skinny post, and quickly swung it into a dig to the sideline, and the DB kept backpedaling. It's been awhile since I've seen a WR school a DB that bad. Ike has 3 or 4 good years in him.

3. It is clear that Bulger has a ton of confidence in Bennett. He tried to force two into him that almost got picked, but I have a feeling this guy is going to make some plays for us. He immediately gets going downfield after the catch.

4. Incognito should be back this week! Boy is his energy and tenacity needed on this line.

5. Claude Wroten who? Clifton Ryan is a stud and I don't know if we'll see much of Wroten when he comes back. We are absolutely set at DT with Carriker and Ryan, and I think we currently have one of the best front fours in the game. They were absolutely awesome against the run. That big gain, on which Gore was contained by Draft, was the responsibility of the secondary. Where was the run support?

6. If the defense plays like it did last week on a consistent basis, we will be in EVERY game we play, not matter who we play against.

7. I don't understand the fumbles and you cannot correct this with coaching. Take away the silly turnovers from the first two games, we might be 2-0.

8. We isn't anybody giving props to LENNY WALLS. He played an outstanding game. Ron Bartell is a real gamer. Again, we seem to be set at CB for years to come with Hill and Bartell. Through Fakhir, if he can stay clean, in there with what seemed to be a highly motivated Lenny Walls, and we've got something working. Wade will be the icing on the cake if he develops.

9. With that said, we need help at safety. I still have faith in OJ, as he seems to make some plays, but we have got to replace Chavous. If we had the Chavous from three years ago, it would be different, but he is past his prime. He had responsibility on the big gain from Gore, and he blew it.

10. Damned it you do, damned if you don't on the 56-yd FG at the end.

11. Love the fire by Jackson! We need to get him the ball more. There wasn't anything working on the ground this week, so why didn't he have 8-10 receptions.

12. I want to see more Brian Leonard, dammit! He is a playmaker ...

13. I love Clifton Ryan!!!! Sorry, he was a steal ...

14. Nobody has mentioned Alex Barron, and that is a good thing. He filled in admirably for Pace.

15. The season is NOT lost. 9-7 will take this division. We need to be 2-3 after week 5 to have a chance.

16. I understand Linehan has some heat, but how do you blame the fumbles on him? We are likely 1-1, possibility 2-0 without the TO's.

17. I love Clifton Ryan!!!!

18. Draft is an improvement over Pisa. I know some of you don't want to here that, but he's bigger, stronger, and hits the point of attack much better.

19. Brandon Chillar is the most improved player on this team. He is night and day from last year.

20. Last and not least, I was unbelivably impressed with the energy of the defense this week and its transpired right into the fans. The dome seemed to be rocking and we need to send this energy to the offense. I think Incognito will help with that this week. The seaon is not lost guys, we can still get back in this. The ***** are an average team at best, and probably the worst 2-0 team ever. I really do think that if we get 80% of the effort from the defense each week, that we can hang in there against anybody. What a heartbreaking loss, but it yielded some optimism in me.

Rams 24, Bucs 13 ...

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Good job, nice points.

I cannot find issue with any of them.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

1. No quarterback in the league has as much guts as Marc Bulger. He got hit time after time after time, and he kept making plays. He was in visible pain but quickly got up after each hit. What a leader this guys is.

2. Are we sure Ike didn't stop aging at 30? What an awesome performance. I can't remember what DB it was, but Ike was running a skinny post, and quickly swung it into a dig to the sideline, and the DB kept backpedaling. It's been awhile since I've seen a WR school a DB that bad. Ike has 3 or 4 good years in him.

3. It is clear that Bulger has a ton of confidence in Bennett. He tried to force two into him that almost got picked, but I have a feeling this guy is going to make some plays for us. He immediately gets going downfield after the catch.

4. Incognito should be back this week! Boy is his energy and tenacity needed on this line.

5. Claude Wroten who? Clifton Ryan is a stud and I don't know if we'll see much of Wroten when he comes back. We are absolutely set at DT with Carriker and Ryan, and I think we currently have one of the best front fours in the game. They were absolutely awesome against the run. That big gain, on which Gore was contained by Draft, was the responsibility of the secondary. Where was the run support?

6. If the defense plays like it did last week on a consistent basis, we will be in EVERY game we play, not matter who we play against.

7. I don't understand the fumbles and you cannot correct this with coaching. Take away the silly turnovers from the first two games, we might be 2-0.

8. We isn't anybody giving props to LENNY WALLS. He played an outstanding game. Ron Bartell is a real gamer. Again, we seem to be set at CB for years to come with Hill and Bartell. Through Fakhir, if he can stay clean, in there with what seemed to be a highly motivated Lenny Walls, and we've got something working. Wade will be the icing on the cake if he develops.

9. With that said, we need help at safety. I still have faith in OJ, as he seems to make some plays, but we have got to replace Chavous. If we had the Chavous from three years ago, it would be different, but he is past his prime. He had responsibility on the big gain from Gore, and he blew it.

11. Love the fire by Jackson! We need to get him the ball more. There wasn't anything working on the ground this week, so why didn't he have 8-10 receptions.

14. Nobody has mentioned Alex Barron, and that is a good thing. He filled in admirably for Pace.

15. The season is NOT lost. 9-7 will take this division. We need to be 2-3 after week 5 to have a chance.

16. I understand Linehan has some heat, but how do you blame the fumbles on him? We are likely 1-1, possibility 2-0 without the TO's.

18. Draft is an improvement over Pisa. I know some of you don't want to here that, but he's bigger, stronger, and hits the point of attack much better.

19. Brandon Chillar is the most improved player on this team. He is night and day from last year.

20. Last and not least, I was unbelivably impressed with the energy of the defense this week and its transpired right into the fans. The dome seemed to be rocking and we need to send this energy to the offense. I think Incognito will help with that this week. The seaon is not lost guys, we can still get back in this. The ***** are an average team at best, and probably the worst 2-0 team ever. I really do think that if we get 80% of the effort from the defense each week, that we can hang in there against anybody. What a heartbreaking loss, but it yielded some optimism in me.

Rams 24, Bucs 13 ...
    Great Post,a couple of things, if the niners are an average team and they beat us why do you think it is possible for us to win 2 of the next 3 games(2 on the road) to take our record to 2-3. also I loved the way Ryan played yesterday but lets remember it's only been 1 game,I also agree about Chillar, really nice improvement over last season, good to hear the dome was noisy yesterday,Incognito will bring much needed intensity to that o-line and I really like your positive outlook and would love for you to be right.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Smile Re: Infinite points from Game 2 - vs. *****

Rams 24, Bucs 13 ...
    1) Agreed, he is a stud & has great focus not much really rattles him. But we do need to protect him better, the body can only take so much.

2) That was Walt Harris that he schooled,(that was sweet) and no argument here on Ike sticking around awhile.

3) Bennet will be paying off big time soon

Rambos is offline Registered User

Godd post thanks.

Much like last week Randy had to stay in and help out with the blocking, as you could see we needed help picking up the blitzes, so SJ had to stay in and help out.

I agree...

Rams 24, Bucs 13 ...
    I hope so

I thought McMichael did a fine job. I meant to add a post about him. In regards to the ***** beating us while being an average team, we gave this game to them. You can look up and down the box score, and we dominated in just about every facet. The turnovers gave it away.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I thought McMichael did a fine job. I meant to add a post about him. In regards to the ***** beating us while being an average team, we gave this game to them. You can look up and down the box score, and we dominated in just about every facet. The turnovers gave it away.
    no arguement here on that,we did dominate the game and as you said we may very well have given it to them and as most teams will do they took it, but the only thing that matters at the end of the day 49'ers 2-0, Rams 0-2

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Good post, and yes, despite the loss there were a few bright spots that we can build on, and reasons to give us hope for the remainder of the season.

It's real easy to second guess calls in the game, and we all do it, myself included, but if Wilkins makes that field goal, imagine the topics of discussion this week.

"No quit in the Rams, last second FG wins it!"

"Defense Ram-tough in win"

"Patchwork Ram O-line recovers from shaky start to provide Bulger enough protection to fire for 368 yards".

"Walls and Bartell sparkle in Rams win"

"Finally, the TE's are in the game-plan!"

...if only Wilkins 55 yard kick were one yard further. Truth be told, we showed some good things yesterday from some unexpected sources. In fact, it wasn't breakdowns from rookies tossed in the mix, nor backups screwin' up the works, it was the veterans that let us down. Fumbles by Bulger, Holt and Hall cost us that game, plain and simple. Take anyone of them back, and we win the damn ball game. If you looked at the stats, and didn't know the final score, you'd have thought we blew them out. But the ball does indeed bounce in mysterious ways.

But let's move on, look at the positives of this game and look for the silver lining, if there is one. There was a thread last week that suggested that we stop complaining about all the bad breaks we've gotten, and look at the possible upside to new guys stepping up and becoming heroes. After a week of work together, the O-line did an admirable job, I thought. Many of the blown blocking assignments came from Jackson, and his failure to pick up the blitz, or just plain bad blocking on his part. The D-Line did a great job, outside of the one long run, again, provided by a horrible tackle on the job of one veteran, a certain Mr. Chavous.

Holt and Bruce were getting separation, we finally saw some balls thrown deep, and some balls were actually thrown at a TE's! Considering the changes we've been forced to make already on both sides of the ball, I'd say we didn't do too badly. If Wilkins makes that kick, (and I don't fault him that he didn't) the topics on the table would have been all about applauding the efforts of the guys that stepped in, and the guys that stepped up. I'm one fan that thinks we can still salvage a damn respectable season out of this thing. I never honestly expected a Superbowl visit this year, and with all the problems we've had, be it by bad luck, and some self-induced, there's no reason to hang our heads yet. The effort our guys gave yesterday was nothing to be ashamed of. Sure, we're 0-2, but I still believe 9-7 to be within reach.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Bulger is a gamer, I just hope we don't actually see his actual guts.

The defense was game also, Ryan impresses me over Wroten, Draft over Pisa. Perhaps someone will step up at saftey. The corners were surprising, but this was against Smith.

0-2 at home sucks and it could have been different. Considering what this team is going thru and how hard they played, and the flukes <yes I consider Holt fumbling a fluke>, I expect to see continued improvement as the season goes on.

It's way to early to hang Linehan and staff. Especially when the team hasn't given up. Hanging them out though will just give the team no reason to respond, ala Martz's last season.
    Semper Fi!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I agree with most of the comments on here about the defense. The corners were good, the run defense was good for most of the game, and there were just swarms of players bearing down to make the tackle.

One thing I'm not so sure about is how well Barron did. It was hard to tell who was at fault because so many pass rushers were getting to Marc so regularly, but I saw him get blind-sided more than once. The offensive line is in bad, bad shape right now.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I absolutely agree on Ryan, and I would add "Glover who?", because that's one guy I would like to see less of - put Ryan in there instead. Now one of the best front-fours in football, eh I'm not seeing that, we did shut down the run pretty well inside but the pass-rush wasn't good enough (it was very up and down, we need more consistent pressure, but much improved from last week anyway). I'd have to disagree on that Gore run, as I recall that was an "inside" run (I mean either behind a tackle or between guard and center, I don't remember the exact position) but I can't see how it could be the secondary's responsibility either way, surely a running play like that is the responsibility of either the LB's or the front-four? Our front-seven left open a gap on that play and missed their lanes and were responsible IMO, however the secondary (i.e Chavous notably) whiffed on their tackles once he got through the front-seven.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

When you've got 8 in the box (like on 4th and short), the safety is definitely expected to help with the run. I think the run was off tackle on the strong side. Chavous wouldn't have been solely responsible for making the tackle, but as safety he'd be the last line of defense against it.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I know we don't want to believe this but 2 of the sacks on Bulger were missed blocks by Steven Jackson!!!

Jackson better snap out of this funk he's in....NOW!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast