Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Drew Guest

Re: Ingognito NFL dirtiest player??

yoiks... just realied i took my bed meds at the time i started to first reply(they take about 12 minutes to kick in)....i could do with richie carrying me to bed now,my legs are gone and my bed is about 16ft away....wish me luck...

Go Rams!!:r

Nidan Guest

Some of folks are real homers.

Sure harrison is about the worst but RI is really dirty, he plays to end careers, bit like Vince Wilfork.

Get over it he is a dirty player

RamOfDenmark Guest

Rodney Harrison would have had my vote for sure, that guy is just scum, a real asshole IMO.

Incognito probably deserves a spot on the list, I don't think he's the 2nd worse though.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Here is the complete list:

Harrison - 31%
    Incognito - 8%
    Roy Williams - 6.5%
    Jon Runyan - 5%
    Joey Porter - 4%
    Any Broncos lineman - 4%
    Tom Nalen - 3%
    Dewayne White - 3%
    Warren Sapp - 3%
    Hines Ward - 2.5%
    Nick Hardwick -2%
    Albert Haynesworth - 2%
    Kevin Mawae - 2%
    Any offensive lineman - 2%

Here is the quote on Richie (paraphrased) - Incognito is an up and comer - and was second in the voting. He has established himself as an after the play menace who is is known to pull a Moe with an eye poke now and then. An NFC safety fingered Incognito somewhat reluctantly: "I was going to say Incognito, but I didn't want to give him any kind of light. But Incognito".

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Clearly the 107 NFL players do not believe Incognito is the dirtiest player, as the voting shows.

Here's the list: (thanx to Dallas Morning News Website)

1. Patriots SS Rodney Harrison: 31 votes
    2. Rams G Richie Incognito: 8
    3. Cowboys SS Roy Williams: 6.5
    4. Eagles RT Jon Runyan: 5
    t-5. Dolphins OLB Joey Porter: 4
    t-5. Any Broncos offensive lineman: 4
    t-7. Broncos C Tom Nalen: 3
    t-7. Lions DE Dewayne White: 3
    t-7. Raiders DT Warren Sapp: 3
    10. Steelers WR Hines Ward: 2.5
    t-11. Chargers C Nick Hardwick: 2
    t-11. Titans DT Albert Haynesworth: 2
    t-11. Titans C Kevin Mawae: 2
    t-11. Any offensive lineman: 2

Richie got eight votes, not really a landslide. 107 players voted. I bet most voted for the last player they saw playing dirty, or voted based on the last time they were subjected to a dirty hit/play. Hell, "Any Offensive lineman" got 2 votes, and "any Bronco O-lineman" got 4. The 'Sporting News'? Meh.

You want to know who is hurting this team on the O-line? Alex Barron. ESPN reprted on Nov. 9th 2007 that the second most penalized player in the NFL from 2004-2007 is Alex Barron with 43 penalties. Mostly false starts yes, but 43 x 5 = 215 yards .Incognito plays with fire and that is exactly what this team needs. Fire! Fire! Fire! There is no evidence that Richie "plays to end careers"; spitting in a guys face is dirty, but will not end many careers. GoRams!

Drew Guest

107? whats that two full rosters and one left over....hardly covers the entire 32 team NFL!

if he`s dirty or not i dont really care... screw the D-lineman who try to "kill" our QB and in richie`s absence have been pretty succesful at it!

trying to wreck someones career is another story but not one that has any evidence linking Richie to it!

Keenum is offline Registered User

So who are the "half players" that voted for Hines Ward and Roy Williams? lol.

Nidan Guest

Oh course you don't see any evidence of him trying to do that, doesn't mean it isn't true.

mpire Guest

Harrison won by a landslide tho right?

RedArcher7 Guest

Who are these 107? Suprised to see Hines Ward and Roy Williams on the list. I never really thought of Williams as dirty, that tackle against Owens was clean at the time. Now he just gets called on it because it's habit. The Broncos line? It's the scheme, D-Linemen don't like someone diving at their feet, it's still legal. Where's Jeremy Stevens on the list?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Drew, with all due respect, how much did your boy eric couch lay on the line for the rams? That may have been a simple oversight on your part which is fine of course, i just hope that there is no one out there that can defend his professional (or lack thereof) behavior. A real quitter.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    Incognito plays with fire and that is exactly what this team needs. Fire! Fire! Fire! There is no evidence that Richie "plays to end careers"; spitting in a guys face is dirty, but will not end many careers. GoRams!
    Although I agree with you that Barron has absolutely killed us the past couple of seasons with the stupid offsides penatlies, the 15 yd variety in critical situations doesn't help a struggling offense either. Especially considering that our great offensive coordinator doesn't have any plays designed to go over 7 yds. There's a difference between playing with fire and playing stupid- Incognito is a student of the latter.

Drew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Drew, with all due respect, how much did your boy eric couch lay on the line for the rams? That may have been a simple oversight on your part which is fine of course, i just hope that there is no one out there that can defend his professional (or lack thereof) behavior. A real quitter.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC..fair point about Couch btw but when i mentioned Larry Phillips, i thought mentioning the lowest of the low would cover the point that im aware that not every player who came to the Rams via Nebraska is of the same stamp as Wistrom,Toby Wright,AC etc....

maybe in the off season we could have a thread discussing which colleges have provided us with the most talent.....

e.g. from a quick glance it appears in recent years we havent been very succesful with players drafted out of colleges in florida.....etc...

Drew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nidan View Post
    Oh course you don't see any evidence of him trying to do that, doesn't mean it isn't true.

why can`t we see evidence,if its alledged to happen so much,surely one piece of evidence would have slipped thro by now?

i know that if we dont see something it doesn`t always mean it isn`t true,but no man should be found guilty of anything without evidence!

others may want to "hang" a man off a rumour but i wont!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    GC..fair point about Couch btw but when i mentioned Larry Phillips, i thought mentioning the lowest of the low would cover the point that im aware that not every player who came to the Rams via Nebraska is of the same stamp as Wistrom,Toby Wright,AC etc....

maybe in the off season we could have a thread discussing which colleges have provided us with the most talent.....

e.g. from a quick glance it appears in recent years we havent been very succesful with players drafted out of colleges in florida.....etc...
    Who has the most players on NFL rosters? According to CBS sports it breaks down like this:

Miami leads with 46, then...

Ohio State 44, Louisiana State 32, Florida State 41, Texas 32, Georgia 37, Florida 31, Michigan 36, Auburn 30, Tennessee 36, Notre Dame 30

You'd think with all the Ohio State talent in the NFL, they could win a BCS bowl game
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)