View Poll Results: Which Injured Rams Will Contribute Next Year?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Randy McMichael

52 72.22%
  • Brian Leonard

6 8.33%
  • Mark Setterstrom

9 12.50%
  • Tye Hill

14 19.44%
  • Drew Bennett

6 8.33%
  • Justin King

32 44.44%
  • Ricky Manning, Jr.

10 13.89%
  • None of the above.

3 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Which Injured Ram Will Come Back And Play A Significant Role?

Of the Rams shelved by injuries for the bulk of this season, which will be a contributer next year?

This is a multiple choice poll, so you can vote for as many of these players as you wish.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-08-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Re: Which Injured Ram Will Come Back And Play A Significant Role?

I went with McMichael, Hill and King.

McMichael should be 100% next year and will likely be the starting TE.

I'm still holding out hope for Hill, though I'm not as confident as I was this time last year.

King showed promise in training camp and should be ready to be a nickel/dime back and a special teams contributer.

I wish I had more hope for Leonard, but he just has not shown me anything.

Setterstrom has a tough road to come back from two major knee surgeries. I'm not expecting him to succeed.

Bennett? Ugh.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I think King has a good shot at getting some meaningful time. It will almost be like an additional draft pick this year, but the pick has been practicing with the team for a year.

Also, I'm going to add Carriker. He has played all years with bum shoulders and half the year with a bum ankle. Once he gets healed up, he's going to solidify the interior.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I didn't have Carriker on the list because I was focusing on players that ended upon the IR, but your point is well taken. The same can probably be said about Will Witherspoon, who was not at full health for most of the season.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm going to say McMichael. He was a consistent player until he went down. Hopefully he comes back healthy and allows us to get a passing game in the middle of the field again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Bennett and Leonard = Double UGH!

Setterstrom = I have my fingers crossed but gave him a vote anyway.

King, Hill & McMichael = Thumbs Up!

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Ricky Manning Jr should be on the list. I can see him easily making the roster again next year and providing excellent depth for us.

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    Ricky Manning Jr should be on the list. I can see him easily making the roster again next year and providing excellent depth for us.
    Good call. I forgot about him. I'll add him to the poll.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

[quote=HUbison;266507]I think King has a good shot at getting some meaningful time. It will almost be like an additional draft pick this year, but the pick has been practicing with the team for a year.
    quote]

well, considering the injury he sustained... i'm not so sure i'd say King has been practicing with the team for a year. besides, even though he got some OTA's and training camp under his belt... it may be back to square one if a new coaching regime takes over.

i voted for McMichael and tye hill. mcmichael is a starter and will be back with Fells, Becht, and Klop fighting for depth positions. tye hill showed enough in his rookie campaign to show he can play... if the new coach gives him a shot and doesn't trade him, i think he'll contribute.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I had Setterstrom on my list with McMichael, Hill and King. You are right to be concerned about his 2 major knee surgeries, he MAY, be valuable as a back-up. My concern about the Rams O-Line has been not only are some of the starters shakey, but we have little DEPTH.

I think if we hire a Ryan or Frazier as HC Ricky Manning will be important as a leader in the secondary. So he is a tentative in my mind.

Lastly, if Antonio Pittman was on the IR, I would add him as a bigger contributor next year. Leonard seems to be a bust and Darby is still a question, so Pittman could be a big factor behind SJ.

Go Rams!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I went w/ King and Randy Mac. I've lost all faith whatsoever in Hill.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Lastly, if Antonio Pittman was on the IR, I would add him as a bigger contributor next year. Leonard seems to be a bust and Darby is still a question, so Pittman could be a big factor behind SJ.

Go Rams!
    In my opinion, I thought Darby did a better job most times than Antonio Pittman. He has more elusiveness, more speed, and just better running ability from all the games I've watched. If we don't draft a rookie RB this year, I would want Darby to be our #2 running back than Pittman.

I voted for all of them.

Leonard never really got going when he was drafted, but I don't want to think of him as a bust. He showed good potential, but he hasn't really showed it, and I'm hoping he'll improve in the off-season.

The player I feel best about is McMichael. He's played the best out of all those players on the list, and he should be a key weapon for our offense when he comes back.

Justin King was a major steal for us in the draft, and I hope he'll live up to his glory. He is supposed to be a speedy guy to, so that's another good asset.

Drew Bennett is a tough case. I really liked him when he was in Tennessee, but when he came here, he didn't perform anything to my expectations. I'm hoping he will get back on track this off-season after we get a new coach, and some new talent around him.

Setterstrom was a pretty decent blocker before he gets injured. I'm hoping next season he will stay durable and won't spend another year on IR. Him and Greco are the ones I feel most reliable for guard. Jacob Bell would be after them.

Ricky Manning Jr. showed good stuff before he was injured. He was pretty good when he was with the Bears, and he'll add some good depth to our secondary.

And last, Tye Hill. This kid has speed, and used to have decent coverage skills. Injuries postpone his development, and sometimes he doens't seem like he's getting any better. When a new HC comes in, hopefully a former DC, Tye will be around personnel that know what they're doing, and hopefully he'll get back on track.

schut39 is offline Registered User

I'm going to have to say King and McMicheal. McMicheal is an awesome recieving tight end and is a good target for Bulger to throw the ball to. One more reliable reciever for Bulger to throw to will make next year that much easier for him. I can't wait to see how he does next year.

Now about King. He's a really fast guy and will be able to keep up with most recievers. We really need a cornerback that can be consistent except for Bartell because he can't do it all himself. It would be awesome to have this be the starting line up at cornerback. Bartell, King, Hill, Craft, and Manning Jr. That would be a fairly good group of cornerbacks.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    I'm going to have to say King and McMicheal. McMicheal is an awesome recieving tight end and is a good target for Bulger to throw the ball to. One more reliable reciever for Bulger to throw to will make next year that much easier for him. I can't wait to see how he does next year.

Now about King. He's a really fast guy and will be able to keep up with most recievers. We really need a cornerback that can be consistent except for Bartell because he can't do it all himself. It would be awesome to have this be the starting line up at cornerback. Bartell, King, Hill, Craft, and Manning Jr. That would be a fairly good group of cornerbacks.
    That cornerback corps does sound pretty good. So I'm assuming we release Fakhir Brown?

With O.J and a rookie SS giving some support to our corners, we could actually have a decent secondary.

general counsel is offline Registered User

How about El KaBong? Have we all given up hope of Mr. Wroten contributing to the squad?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast