laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Injury Risks And Bounce Backs

Source: CBS Sports
    Aug. 21, 2008
    Jamey Eisenberg
    Senior Fantasy Writer

Although Jamey's article pertains to Fantasy Football I still found it interesting. He covered alot of players but two in particular jumped out at me for obvious reasons.

INJURY RISKS:

Marc Bulger, St. Louis
    Injury: Concussion
    2008 outlook: Bulger only played in 12 games last season due to the lingering effects of a concussion. He is also battling a sore shoulder in training camp. Whenever quaterbacks start to deal with concussions, it's never a good thing-
    remember Troy Aikman, Steve Young and Bulger's teammate, Trent Green?
    Bulger also has trouble along his offensive line, and his star runningback, Steven Jackson, missed the first few weeks of training camp and may be a bit rusty to start the season. Bulger should still be drafted as a NO. 1 Fantasy option, and he's never missed more than two games in back-to-back years. But don't expect Bulger to return as a TOP 5 quarterback this year and be wary of minor injuries happening due to poor offensive line play and lack of tale around him.

Steven Jackson, St. Louis
    Injury: Groin
    2008 outlook: Jackson only played in 12 games last season because of the groin injury, and he had problems with his groin during the offseason workouts. Now with his holdout this offseason, he remains an injury risk again because of the lack of work with the team during training camp. Last year, Larry Johnson was a holdout and wasn't the same runner when he returned before getting hurt. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Jackson, but the situation is similar coming into the year with the holdout and a banged up offensive line in front of him. Jackson remains a NO. 1 pick, but he's fallen from the TOP 5 at this point.

I sincerely hope our boys prove this guy wrong.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Injury Risks And Bounce Backs

I don't think Jackson's injury will be a problem this year, but as far as Bulger is concerned, who really knows. I expect him to take his fair share of blows again this year.

Josh Guest

Re: Injury Risks And Bounce Backs

That would sound true if it were coming from joe shad or somethin like that.