Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Inside Info News Flash On Rams New H.C.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    2. IF this is true, OldRamsFan will, overnight, become the single best scoop news source for this website.....and maybe anywhere for that matter.
    I hope Iam not the big scoop guy , Just an OldRamsfan ..
    I do have a lot of old history stuff on the Rams , I have been around a while as rams fan for over 46 years ...
    And I do know some old rams like Nolan we talk about once or twice a year,meet him in O.C. newport ... But all I want is to be apart of this forum and always till death a RAMS fan no matter what happens ...

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Inside Info News Flash On Rams New H.C.

There's a published report ..just posted on Clanram . linking someone else to the HC of the Rams. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    There's a published report ..just posted on Clanram . linking someone else to the HC of the Rams. Check it out.

Which post ? I looked and could not find it ? I would love to know that my report was false ...Where is it ?
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-25-2005 at 01:40 PM.

Here is that FoxSport report , This would be a much better deal for our Rams ... To be fair I should post this as well , great find Tony

Williams a wanted man

Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will have his choice of where he wants to be head coach. In fact, at least five teams have already let it be known in how much regard they hold the hot assistant. Williams will have to make a decision this week between teams such as the Rams, Chiefs, Texans and perhaps even the Vikings.

This is a completely different Williams than the one who coached in Buffalo. In fact, last year after Niners head coach Mike Nolan was hired for his first head coaching job, Williams met privately with Nolan at the Senior Bowl and gave him a two-hour lesson on exactly where he messed up his tenure in Buffalo and how Nolan could avoid making the same mistakes.

Give Williams credit, as most head coaches who are canned come up with blame for everyone but themselves.

For those wondering what the best pieces of advice were for Nolan — wait to hire the assistants you'll be comfortable with. There's an awful lot of pressure from the owner to have a staff fast to make it look like they got the best. Williams told Nolan to withstand the pressure and get "his guys." Williams admittedly did the opposite.

Williams also said he changed who he was into what he thought the owner wanted him to be. He changed to impress the man who pays his checks even though he was hired because the owner liked what he initially saw.

Williams has now learned his lessons and is even able to voice it to others. He needs to have his own class at the Learning Annex, doesn't he?

Okay, now we heard reports today that the RAMS are in a hurrying about bringing in Art Shell.. The Rams (all teams) are mandated to interview a minority candidiate. So, IF they are hot for Williams, they may be attempting to fuffill that obligation and get their man. In the rush to hire a hot commodity, they have to bag the interview (an NFL requirement) first, or draft picks will be lost and big fines will come down. Matt Millen hired Mariucci without bringing in a minority candidiate. Okay, it's a crazy policy, but it may explain Gregg Williams being linked to the Rams and Art Shell being brought in to Rams Park.

I know Gregg Williams is respected around the NFL.

your right it is a crazy policy , Color should have nothing to do with it . It should be fair to all no matter what a color of a person is...
    Let hope this is the case hone:
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-25-2005 at 01:41 PM.

BUT they'll have to bring in a minority candidiate before any offer can be made to Gregg Williams, which is where Shell may come in.

Detroit did a phone interview of a minority candidiate and Jesse Jackson wanted Congressional Hearings and Johnnie Cochrane filed a lawsuit (which was dropped)..

One can see where a Organization that is not on top of things can damage a team terribly. If Shaw and Samir are off enjoying their Holiday someone else will beat us to the good Head Coaching candidates. And we'll end up hiring someone that the Media will toast in an attempt to save face.

BUT they'll have to bring in a minority candidiate before any offer can be made to Gregg Williams, which is where Shell may come in.

Detroit did a phone interview of a minority candidiate and Jesse Jackson wanted Congressional Hearings and Johnnie Cochrane filed a lawsuit (which was dropped)..

One can see where a Organization that is not on top of things can damage a team terribly. If Shaw and Samir are off enjoying their Holiday someone else will beat us to the good Head Coaching candidates. And we'll end up hiring someone that the Media will toast in an attempt to save face.

You are right . I hope their not out an not taking care of biz...

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    OK, Shell left the Raiders in 1994. What has he been doing since that time? Has he been coaching at all? Has he been working as a scout, or in some organization's mail room for the past 11 or 12 years?
    From an article posted earlier in the thread by AR:

... Shell said from his office at NFL headquarters in New York, where he serves as the league's senior vice president of football operations and development.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    From an article posted earlier in the thread by AR:
    He works in the NFL ? If that does happen that might not be a bad thing , Could help ? with the way the ref. call our games ?? kind a like the S.B. calls . We dont very lucky with the ref's in the NFL Who Knows ??

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Art Shell had 6 years to "JUST WIN BABY" and could NOT do it.

SIX years and couldn't win Super Bowl with good talent and an owner willing to go get what they needed. In fact, he has a LOSING PLAYOFF Record,,, again with good talent.

Sounds eerily similar to the current situation here...but you could substitute 'good talent' with GREAT TALENT. Here, we even had a guy INHERIT a champion. A .500 playoff record(what was the score of that last playoff game again?) and the current state of affairs is his legacy. Ya...I really wish he'd hang around to dig the hole a bit deeper. With the right support staff I dont see Shell being a terrible alternative to what weve had.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Why not get Mike Sherman Another offensive minded coach... But really he has put a heck of a D together when he was GM.. Diggs, Navies, Barnett, Grady Jackson, Aaron Campman, Al Harris, Sharper, Mark Roman... If he could do that to us... Well it's be ight
    RamsFan16

I agree with both you remember on any given sunday ... Shell is not my top pick but he does have a great desire to do the job and the know how ! for any one to put with AL Davis he might not be all that bad ???? just a thought ...
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-26-2005 at 01:53 AM.

tim
    tim is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Why not get Mike Sherman Another offensive minded coach... But really he has put a heck of a D together when he was GM.. Diggs, Navies, Barnett, Grady Jackson, Aaron Campman, Al Harris, Sharper, Mark Roman... If he could do that to us... Well it's be ight
    no offense, but i prefer your brian the brain suggestion over this one. sherman has done nothing, and he has brett favre running the show.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

It was worth a shot.
    RamsFan16

I would like see "Jimmy Johnson" or Gray before Sherman any day

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast