Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dgr828 is offline Registered User

Inside The NFL: Peter King

THIS WEEK ON HBOs INSIDE THE NFL, PETER KING SAYS HE CAN SEE MIKE MARTZ COACHING IN EITHER HOUSTON OR WITH THE OAKLAND RAIDERS NEXT YEAR.

HE ALSO SAYS THE RAMS LIKE USCs PETE CARROL AND THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS' OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR CAM CAMERON, AS POSSIBLE CHOICES FOR HEAD COACH, SHOULD THE RAMS NEED TO FILL THAT POSITION.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Inside The NFL: Peter King

Did King make these prognostications in a tent with a crystal ball in front of him? Seems hard to believe potential names would even be out there right now, especially in the hands of a national guy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

Angry Peter KINg Is OUt his mind

It seems like everyone really wants Mike Martz to leave stlouis for some reason. so when i hear people like peter king say that martz might leave the rams for a team like houston or the raiders it sounds like absolute bull i heard a couple ppl on espn say that martz is done forever but like i said before complete bull Martz wants to come back to stlouis and thus is the reason why he is sitting out the rest of the year. So he CAN be back full throttle next season :1:
    Last edited by letsgoramz; -10-27-2005 at 06:16 AM.
    Torry Holt Dont play that

Mephisto is offline Registered User

I must admit I'm not a Martz fan.
    I think he makes a lot of mistakes on play calls, and sometimes call for time out too early in the game, that hurt at the end when we have to make a drive in the very last minutes.

But well, I assume it's around 50 / 50 concerning this question.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

PETER CARROLL ??? The Pats went to the Super Bowl Right Before him and Right after him, but this is what Carroll did:

PETE CARROLL NFL :

Pats fire Pete Carroll
    Coach out after team loses 6 of last 8

Posted: Monday January 03, 2000 08:14 PM

FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) -- Pete Carroll, who took over a Super Bowl team in New England after replacing Bill Parcells, was fired Monday after three seasons as Patriots coach.

There was no immediate word on a successor.

Owner Robert Kraft said in a brief news conference that the entire organization would be evaluated, with much of the speculation focusing on whether vice president of player personnel Bobby Grier could also lose his job.

The team that went to the 1997 Super Bowl under Parcells declined in each of Carroll's seasons, bottoming out with an 8-8 last-place record when it beat Baltimore 20-3 Sunday after losing six of its previous seven games.

"This is a business of accountability, and two years ago we won the division. Last year we barely made the playoffs and this year we're 8-8," Kraft said. "We need a momentum change."

/

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm sticking with my first prediction......next year Mike Martz is the HC of either San Jose St. or San Diego St.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Like I said in another thread Pete Carrol didn't do anything in the NFL. I DONT want Pete. Sometimes college coaches who succeed don't make good NFL coaches.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Let's not count out Carroll just yet, but speculation is fun.

tanus is offline Registered User

Pete Carroll will never be a good NFL coach. His personality and style are perfect for the college game, not the NFL game.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Good points about Carroll. Remember, all the major talking heads most often are concerned with their own agendas, not with the truth. Most likely is that King has not heard anything substantial about Carroll and the Rams, he's just trying to start up/promote the rumor himself because he's a good friend of Carroll.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    Pete Carroll will never be a good NFL coach. His personality and style are perfect for the college game, not the NFL game.
    This is spot on correct. Guys like Pete Carroll, Lou Holtz, Dennis Erickson, Steve Spurrier or Mike Riley just don't have what it takes to translate to the NFL.

bruce_wannabe Guest

ijust want a coach who is experienced and knows the game. someone who has good clock management and knows how to draft better than martz

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I don't see Carroll coming to the Rams. Carroll like any of the top coaches in college or the NFL, want the power to make the decisions concerning the team. It seems to be obvoius that there are front office players that have a problem with the coach having power. With that in mind, I don't see the Rams getting any established coaches or top notch coordinators. Hopefully this is all for not and Martz will stay and show us that we were wrong about his coaching.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    and knows how to draft better than martz
    Yeah, because Alex Barron, Ron Bartell, Claude Terrell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Steven Jackson, Anthony Hargrove, Jimmy Kennedy, Pisa Tinoisamoa, Kevin Curtis, Shaun McDonald, and Dejuan Groce have all been HORRIBLE picks.

Martz has had his duds, there's no doubt about that. But he's had his share of good selections as well, especially the last 2-3 drafts. Of course, this doesn't even factor in the input of the front office on personnel moves, but it's just so much easier to blame Martz when something goes wrong.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

If Martz dose not return, I would like to see either Joe Vitt promoted, or perhaps Jerry Gray, or even Nolan Cromwell brought in.

Discipline and a return of organizational pride must be restored on this team.:clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast