Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Interesting Amendola comment from Les Snead at the Cmbine

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Interesting Amendola comment from Les Snead at the Cmbine

Ron Clements@Ron_Clements#Rams GM Les Snead on Danny Amendola: "Productivity outweighs potential and you've got to be on the field to be productive."
    Seems pretty clear that he's sending a message to Danny and his agent: "you're not getting a huge contract from us."

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Danny never "earned" the right to get a big money contract... Not only from us but anyone. Avergaing 600yds+ and about 4TDs a season doesnt cut it.
    ManofGod likes this.

RosieJones is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting Amendola comment from Les Snead at the Cmbine

How can you not like Les Snead?
    This is the kind of attitude that's going to make the Rams winners again.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

My instincts tell me that this year will be a very muted year for big $ FA contracts, especially for borderline great players and I place Danny in that group. The NFL is not immune to what's going on with almost every business today. Outsize spending is not happening anywhere. I would love to have Danny back, but it has to be at a price that works best for the team and Danny. Every team has their $ priorities and if Danny is at the right place and right time for a team that values his talents, then I wish him all the luck.

Go Rams!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RosieJones View Post
    How can you not like Les Snead?
    This is the kind of attitude that's going to make the Rams winners again.
    I'd like him a lot more if his 2012 WR additions had been more impactful, thus strengthening the Rams' bargaining position. Can't really argue the potential of Quick or Givens after that statement about Amendola.

Imo, the same can be said about the SJ39 situation & Pead's slow start & D-Rich's slow fade. It'd be a lot easier to go with a no-name bruiser like Ganaway if you knew there was some viable productivity from a complementary back.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If we let Amendola go, I want to see Tavon Austin in a Rams uniform, plain and simple.
    Richbert88 and Vinnie25 like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    if we let amendola go, i want to see tavon austin in a rams uniform, plain and simple.
    this ^^^^^^

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If we let Amendola go, I want to see Tavon Austin in a Rams uniform, plain and simple.
    LOL.....the continuing Ram saga of The Incredible Shrinking WR. Could popularize the Hop Option offense,though; TA sweeps behind Sam & either hops on the ball cocked by Sam's ear, like a bronco rider, & gets flung down the field or takes the handoff & zips between the OL's legs.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Austin intrigues me as a target if Danny leaves. While I would worry about the durability of a 174 lb. WR, his quickness could be a perfect foil for the big, physical CBs in the division.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Danny Amendola won't be franchised by St. Louis Rams

• By Gregg Rosenthal
    • Around The League Editor
    • Published: Feb. 22, 2013 at 02:57 p.m.
    • Updated: Feb. 22, 2013 at 05:10 p.m.

INDIANAPOLIS -- St. Louis Rams general manager Les Snead said he has a lot of big items to handle in his "inbox" over the next few weeks.

Snead said the contractual situations of running back Steven Jackson and wide receiver Danny Amendola are at the top of the list.
    Snead is working toward possibly keeping both players, but he has decided not to use the franchise tag. Snead told Around The League on Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine that Amendola would not be tagged and that no Rams players would get the tag.
    And then Snead helpfully pointed out that he was breaking a little news. (Thanks, Les.)
    The news does not come as a huge surprise. The franchise number for wide receivers is expected to be more than $10 million, and Amendola's injury history makes that number untenable.
    Reports suggest the Rams and Amendola are "far apart" in contract negotiations, so it looks like the slot receiver will be able to test the market.
    The Rams need weapons, so we wouldn't be surprised if Amendola returns after finding his market value.

Not a surprise we won't be using the franchise tag on Danny. And not really surprised we wont be using it at all on anyone.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Danny would be nice to have but isnt as valuable as alot of us and lots of other reporters think.Just like Snead said he cant stay on the field enough and def doesnt deserve big money contract.I like what im hearing i wont throw out the bank for him.

If DA leaves, I'd be comfortable with a WR line-up of Givens, Quick, Tavon Austin, and Pettis. Now if the Rams were able to draft a pass catching TE (or even sign one in FA), that would just be more icing on the cake.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

This is exactly why I think he can stay with the Rams. It is a market economy in the NFL and I don't think any team is going to shell out big money for an injury prone 5'11" 180 pound slot receiver that averages 430 receiving yards a year. The Rams should be able to resign him for cheap but you never know how much other teams value DA.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    This is exactly why I think he can stay with the Rams. It is a market economy in the NFL and I don't think any team is going to shell out big money for an injury prone 5'11" 180 pound slot receiver that averages 430 receiving yards a year. The Rams should be able to resign him for cheap but you never know how much other teams value DA.
    I hope this is true, but the Patriots have tons of cap room and they might go all in while Brady is still playing

thillis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I'd like him a lot more if his 2012 WR additions had been more impactful, thus strengthening the Rams' bargaining position. Can't really argue the potential of Quick or Givens after that statement about Amendola.

Imo, the same can be said about the SJ39 situation & Pead's slow start & D-Rich's slow fade. It'd be a lot easier to go with a no-name bruiser like Ganaway if you knew there was some viable productivity from a complementary back.

Agree with you on Quick. But... how can you say that about Givens? A fourth round receiver in his first year? That production in his circumstance is hard to come by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast