RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Interesting Article on why the Rams didn't pursue Simeon Rice

Rams Too Embarrassed To Express Interest In Simeon Rice: 'What If He Doesn't Like Us?'

ST. LOUIS, MO—Fearing that free-agent defensive end Simeon Rice would not like their team because the facilities "aren't nice enough," the "stupid old stadium is too small," and that their "dumb team uniforms look stupid," the St. Louis Rams found themselves too embarrassed to express interest in the three-time Pro-Bowler, sources close to the team reported Friday. "Just look at Simeon—he's such a great player," said Rams' GM Charley Armey, squirming in his chair as he watched tape of Rice, who is second in sacks among active players and considered quite a catch. "I don't even know what I would say to him. What if he thinks we're lame because all the other teams have more money and a later curfew?" Armey claims the team is feeling shy and vulnerable after losing several key free agents during the offseason, and that they have never felt as attractive to popular players as the other "more glamorous" teams in the NFC West.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...embarrassed_to

Sorry guys I couldn't help it :\

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting Article on why the Rams didn't pursue Simeon Rice

Yeah thats right, I vaguely remember Rice saying something about the Bronco's having better uniforms and a stadium and facilities and cheer leaders and coaching staff and towel boys and...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Rams Too Embarrassed To Express Interest In Simeon Rice: 'What If He Doesn't Like Us?'

ST. LOUIS, MO—Fearing that free-agent defensive end Simeon Rice would not like their team because the facilities "aren't nice enough," the "stupid old stadium is too small," and that their "dumb team uniforms look stupid," the St. Louis Rams found themselves too embarrassed to express interest in the three-time Pro-Bowler, sources close to the team reported Friday. "Just look at Simeon—he's such a great player," said Rams' GM Charley Armey, squirming in his chair as he watched tape of Rice, who is second in sacks among active players and considered quite a catch. "I don't even know what I would say to him. What if he thinks we're lame because all the other teams have more money and a later curfew?" Armey claims the team is feeling shy and vulnerable after losing several key free agents during the offseason, and that they have never felt as attractive to popular players as the other "more glamorous" teams in the NFC West.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...embarrassed_to

Sorry guys I couldn't help it :\
    The onion.com is a fun type joke site. This isn't a serious article, they poke fun at everything. There is also a write up about Osi Umenyiora sacking McNabb in the parking lot by his Ford Excursion. It's all in fun.

PHILADELPHIA—Osi Umenyiora, whose six sacks against the Eagles on Sunday tied him for second on the NFL's single-game record list, added to that total when he burst out from around the end of Donovan McNabb's Ford Excursion, seized the quarterback by the shoulders, and drove him hard to the pavement as McNabb left practice Tuesday. "Osi just had my number today," said McNabb, who has been less mobile when entering and exiting his car since undergoing knee surgery in the offseason. "It was a very athletic play, and what's more, it was smart—we never thought to look for him coming across the parking lot like that." Second-year tackle Winston Justice confirmed that Philadelphia's five starting offensive linemen, all of whom who were all hitching a post-practice ride home with McNabb, did not get so much as a finger on Umenyiora

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...a_comes_out_of

It's all a joke.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -10-10-2007 at 04:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i know its a joke article, but id just thought i would mention that Simeon Rice has all of three tackles this season and no sacks. i think we did ok by not getting him.

general counsel is offline Registered User

you would think that they would at least know that charley was retired.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    The onion.com is a fun type joke site. This isn't a serious article, they poke fun at everything. There is also a write up about Osi Umenyiora sacking McNabb in the parking lot by his Ford Excursion. It's all in fun.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...a_comes_out_of

It's all a joke.
    Thanks for letting me know this was a joke. My blood pressure is gradually getting back to normal.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

that they have never felt as attractive to popular players as the other "more glamorous" teams in the NFC West.

That's the line that got me. The Cardinals, ***** and Seahawks are "more glamourous?"

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Yeah I think we all were aware this was a joke and I posted it just for fun, if you didn't realize it was satire then pretend you knew starting....now!