Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Interesting Burwell article

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Instead, we should take what we have (which is plenty) and get the most out of them. This is where we come up short, and the Pats don't. In that manner, we should emulate the Pats.
    I agree with this completely, but my point is that I don't think this is really something that's unique to the Pats, but rather a strategy that every football team strives for. I guess I'm just not as receptive to the comparison because I just don't like them that much.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I agree with this completely, but my point is that I don't think this is really something that's unique to the Pats, but rather a strategy that every football team strives for. I guess I'm just not as receptive to the comparison because I just don't like them that much.
    Yea, I understand. It is a painful process to say the least. :redface:
    And what is unique to the Pats is that they're getting the job done. As you said, every team strives for those results, but what sets the Pats apart is the three trophies in their cabinet. We too, strive for that, we're just not going about it the right way.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I've never had fun during an early morning.
    I don't know. There is something to be said for dragging one's asss through the middle of night into the dawn and listening to the Beatles's song "Here Comes the Sun" and watching the rays of sunshine breathe life into the notion that one survived another party at The Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I don't know. There is something to be said for dragging one's asss through the middle of night into the dawn and listening to the Beatles's song "Here Comes the Sun" and watching the rays of sunshine breathe life into the notion that one survived another party at The Hollow.
    Well yea, there's that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

DJRamFan Guest

I can't stand the Patriots for many reasons, but I'm among those that think their methodology should be commended. The "team first" mentality is critical. I do somewhat disagree with the statement that there are only exceptions on the Rams. For the most part I think the Rams players have a good team first attitude. The only exceptions to that statement rest in Turley and Pace.

I think the main problem so far has been consistency and personnel. Yes there are some decisions that are questionable, but I think the Rams attitudes are fine.

For the most part I think the Rams players have a good team first attitude
    One look at the defense would show otherwise. There is no discipline on the defensive side of the ball. Burwell's article mentioned this as well. That wasn't a team on the defensive side of the ball, that was 11 guys trying to make a play. We saw how well that turned out. And on the offensive side...well, we'll see how many team players we have this year when Bruce & Faulk are asked to restructure.

Don't get me wrong, we've got our share of team players: Bulger, McCollum, Pisa, Tyoka, Aeneas, just to name a few. But I've yet to see an entire unit that is on the same page like the Pats.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

And what is unique to the Pats is that they're getting the job done. As you said, every team strives for those results, but what sets the Pats apart is the three trophies in their cabinet. We too, strive for that, we're just not going about it the right way.
    Very true.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12