Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Interesting Comments from Karraker

-Believe the Rams will take a LONG, HARD look at Jeff Fisher and his position with the Titans. Fisher and Shaw are close from Fisher's old Rams assistant days. He's definitley the man their looking at

-He said Mooch was a DEFINITE possibilty. Said him and Shaw were very tight (from the LA days), so much so that in 02 Shaw thought about canning Martz (before extension) because he believed he could get Mariucci

-He says Kirk Ferentz is high on the list, but HE has to make himself available

-Carroll won't leave USC

-Greg Williams will be looked at, but Shaw is wary of his Buffalo days. Billick also but unlikely

-He threw some assistants around. Mike Singletary, Russ Grimm, Colin Cameron, Donny Henederson, Ron Rivera and former Ram Jerry Gray

-He also said the Rams will spend plenty of money in the off season, similar to 99, but he also used the words "if they can". They finally get Warner off the books, but Turley's hit kicks in this year. Said Shaw wants to win again

-He said Jay Zygument will step back if Shaw asks him to

-He believes Mike Martz will end up in Houston, or Green Bay an outside chance. Says Texan officials have already sent out messages to see how Mike like's the idea. He believe's Mike would be perfect in GB with Jim Bates as DC

-Says they'll try and re-sign Pickett (asking for 4mill a year) doubtful on Archuleta and Damione Lewis is history. They'll also look to extend Curtis and Bulger's deals. Said a tough decision was coming on Ike Bruce. He needs to re-do or be cut. Timmerman may retire, McCollum might be re-signed, but only as back up.

-They'll draft HEAVILY in favour of the defense. Their most serious about Jimmy Williams, AJ Hawk and probably the guy they'll most love to have Mathias Kiwanuka

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting Comments from Karraker

Would love to get Bilick!! Do not want Jeff Fisher.

Russ Grimm would be good.
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

general counsel is offline Registered User

What is wrong with jeff fischer?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Why Bilick?? He is an offense coach that can't make an offense run. He has had NOTHING to do with the defense in Baltimore, that has all come from assistants and coordinators.. No way!!

Quote Originally Posted by rams8821
    Would love to get Bilick!! Do not want Jeff Fisher.

Russ Grimm would be good.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Good post.

I wonder how it would work in Green Bay if Favre and Martz were both there. Martz likes calling the plays and does not let his QB change the play. Favre is a bit of a gun slinger. I think it would be interesting. I think if Martz goes there a young QB would benefit more because Martz takes some pressure off the QB by giving them the play and they run it without changing it. I am not saying Favre would not do good but I do think Martz would be a good fit because they are looking at transitioning to a new QB in the near future.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-26-2005 at 03:35 PM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Jerry Gray is a the top of my list.
    Fisher would be a good fit. I also like Singletary, this D needs discipline and he would definitely expect that from his players.

Mooch; NO WAY! :tut
    The guy got pushed out of SF and is on his way out in Detroit it looks like.
    There is a reason for this.
    I do not want to see this team go the way of the wuss coast offense.
    :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Why Bilick?? He is an offense coach that can't make an offense run. He has had NOTHING to do with the defense in Baltimore, that has all come from assistants and coordinators.. No way!!
    Exactly, he was great with the Viking offense, then he goes to Baltimore and does nothing. He cut his superbowl winning qb in Dilfer (I know Dilfer is no MVP) but he did enough to win, and now he's stuck with Boller and hasn't done anything with him at all. I would really be disappointed if we got Billick.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Jeff Fisher or Mike singletary they are the people I would like to see,If Singletary gets the job you wont se the defense playing 70% or they will get beat down,this is the man who coached Ray Lewis and is respected by Ray lewis and also Ed Reed(when they are not injured)

Yodude is offline Registered User

If Zygmunt is willing to step back, why doesn't Shaw make him step back and we keep Martz?

I want nothing to do with Billick.

...and there's no way Farve puts up with Martz's idiosyncracies...not that he would have to anyway...he has already insinuated that if Green Bay fires the head coach, he will probably retire.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Very interesting post. I would love to see Jimmy Williams drafted, just wonder how high he is projected?

Jeff Fisher? Hell no. I live close to Nashville and his conservative "offense" drives me crazy. His whole goal is to run down the clock and kick a couple field goals to squeak past which even if our D improves dramatically is just not going to work.

Cut Isaac Bruce? Never. I know sooner or later is will probably happen, but I hope he restructures and doesn't ever play for another team.

Just my two cents. If anyone has any projections on the draft next year pass them along please.

rams8821 is offline Registered User

I just like Bilick for some reason. With our Ram offense just think he would be a good fit. Better than Fisher....

As long as we dont take a step back...im fine with whomever.
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    Very interesting post. I would love to see Jimmy Williams drafted, just wonder how high he is projected?
    Could easily go in the top 6-8, but could also fall to us at 11. It depends on how he does at the combine. I've heard some concerns that people think of him more as a great safety prospect than a true shut down corner.

As for coaches, I'll say a big "no thanks" to Bilick, Mooch, Greg Williams, Mike Singletary, and Cameron. The others I think could help us defensively, though I'd like to keep a similar style of offense as what we currently run.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I want Jerry Gray. Jerry Gray would breathe fresh life into this organization and thats what we need.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=NickSeiler]-Believe the Rams will take a LONG, HARD look at Jeff Fisher and his position with the Titans. Fisher and Shaw are close from Fisher's old Rams assistant days. He's definitley the man their looking at

Why would Fisher leave the Titans?

It makes no sense. I would love to have Fisher as the HC if Martz is gone. I just do not see him leaving Tenn for St. Louis??????

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Why would Fisher leave the Titans?

It makes no sense. I would love to have Fisher as the HC if Martz is gone. I just do not see him leaving Tenn for St. Louis??????[/QUOTE]