Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Interesting conversation over at the Hawks board

Rambos is offline Registered User

Interesting conversation over at the Hawks board

Was checking out how the Hawks fans where feeling heading into OTAs and came across a discussion based on this premise.

A fan heard a radio show asking the question, what if you took the Rams right now and put Russell Wilson on that team, what would you think of them now? The guys on the talk show said the Rams would be the same as the Hawks. Some Hawks fans agreed and some did not.

Most Hawk fans think the only thing holding the Rams back is Bradford or at least they are hoping thatís the case.

So what do you guys think? Would having Russell Wilson make us the favorite to win the West?

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting conversation over at the Hawks board

No, but having Bradford on the hawks would make them the favorite to win the West again this year.

I don't think that QB is our issue (at least when Bradford is healthy) our problem last year was scheme, protecting the QB, and brick-handed receivers. Our scheme was fixed last year, or O-line is improved, it depends on if our receivers can grow from last season.
    FestusRam likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Russell Wilson is overrated. He's successful, to a large degree, because he fits their run-oriented offense and he has a great defense backing him.

On the plus side, the city of Seattle just approved a minimum wage of $15.00/hour, so 97% of Seahawks fans just received a raise!
    VegasRam, Varg6, Bar-bq and 5 others like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    On the plus side, the city of Seattle just approved a minimum wage of $15.00/hour, so 97% of Seahawks fans just received a raise!
    I look forward to seeing the inflation prices there.
    Dwight Frye likes this.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

These discussions over at seahawks.net have been going on for a while. AvengerRam started a thread over there about Bradford, and the discussion got so contentious, he was banned. One thing is for sure, Seahawks fans see Bradford as a horrible QB, a bust, and the gift that keeps on giving.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

His stats would very much support his overrated status. His performance was virtually identical, except for fumbles, which might indicate opposing Ds were getting to/controlling him better. He didn't improve, just seemed to be in the right system. Without Lynch, he'd be more pedestrian.

1 of 3 of his scrambles/runs went for 1st downs.
    With the D line containing, and better safety play, our corners can press, and eliminate this, and that's not even taking into account GW's blitzes.

SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    2012 16 252 393 64.1 3,118 7.93 26 67 10 3 71.7 100.0
    2013 16 257 407 63.1 3,357 8.25 26 80 9 8 58.9 101.2
    Career 32 509 800 63.6 6,475 8.09 52 80 19 11 65.8 100.6
    Last edited by VegasRam; -06-03-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Russell Wilson is overrated. He's successful, to a large degree, because he fits their run-oriented offense and he has a great defense backing him.
    Which is exactly what he would still be in, if he was a St Louis Ram.

If you took Aaron Rogers and added him to the hawks they would win games with scores of 36 -12 instead of finding ways to pull out games 17 -12. If you factored in the 8 points to the final score to all the game the Hawks played last year. The would have lost SEVEN more games. The 8 points is how many fewer points their defense gave up per game. The where 13-3 they would have been 6-10.

I see a team that cannot score all day and yeah at the end of the game he finds a way to make a play or two. But if he was on a team that gave up more points, the game would be out of his reach by the fourth quarter to have a chance to make a play. So how this is spun, he's a play maker. He had three games where he had less the 100 yards passing and they won two of them. He had another game with 118 yards and won the game. 158 yards passing and won the game. How many plays is he making? He won a playoff game with 103 yards and won the game!

Adding Russell would not help us any more then a healthy Bradford and even that statement is debatable with Bradford being better. Now give us Rogers and keep Russell and we win the west.
    Last edited by Rambos; -06-03-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Wilson is an opportunistic passer with an established supporting cast around him. He's not asked to throw much and seeing him win games with under 150 yards passing speaks volumes about the talent around him. I'm interested in seeing how he fares with Tate gone but with a years worth of experience under his belt with other receivers. Expect the same results but I don't see him being the Drew Brees with wheels a handful of peeps think he is.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    Which is exactly what he would still be in, if he was a St Louis Ram.
    That might be true today. Two years ago, not as much.

rampower is offline Registered User

Bizarre really that Bradford in 2012, the last time he played in Seahawks country, he threw for 252 yards ( 2nd most any qb threw for in that stadium that year) 1td 1 int, for a 74 rating. Better than C Krapersh**, Rodgers and a rating only bettered by brady, with 79, although he threw 2 ints.

Althoug Wilson passed for less yards that day, it was on less attempts and his rating was higher (the crowd wont of been riding him though) but his QBR rating was actually lower. Bradford has an excellent reord against the hawks, I find it odd they think he is the gift that keeps giving.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    Bizarre really that Bradford in 2012, the last time he played in Seahawks country, he threw for 252 yards ( 2nd most any qb threw for in that stadium that year) 1td 1 int, for a 74 rating. Better than C Krapersh**, Rodgers and a rating only bettered by brady, with 79, although he threw 2 ints.

Althoug Wilson passed for less yards that day, it was on less attempts and his rating was higher (the crowd wont of been riding him though) but his QBR rating was actually lower. Bradford has an excellent reord against the hawks, I find it odd they think he is the gift that keeps giving.
    Bradford has had some good games against Seattle, but he's had more bad. With a 2-4 record against them, and 4 TD's vs. 6 INT's, I can see why Seahawks fans think he's the gift that keeps on giving.

That said, to simply focus on the games against Seattle, and discount what he had to work with in 2010-2012, is short sighted. With a monster defense, an improved offense, and a healthy Bradford, I have a feeling things will be different in 2014.

macrammer is offline Registered User

After Silicon Valley, I started small biz. 2010. I deal with public every day. Make no bones about my allegiance to Rams. There is a good split of Whiner and Raider fans. Majority say the same thing. Rams would be dangerous if we had a GOOD QB. We have had some good discussions around this topic. But consensus is, they see Rams as a team to reckon with but held back by the play of our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    After Silicon Valley, I started small biz. 2010. I deal with public every day. Make no bones about my allegiance to Rams. There is a good split of Whiner and Raider fans. Majority say the same thing. Rams would be dangerous if we had a GOOD QB. We have had some good discussions around this topic. But consensus is, they see Rams as a team to reckon with but held back by the play of our QB.
    Yep, I've heard plenty of NFL fans say they don't think Bradford is any good. The majority in the media seem to feel the same way, as do many Rams fans. Without a doubt, the consensus of most who discuss NFL football think Bradford is a complete bust.

I must be delusional, because as a lifelong Rams fan, all I want is to win, and I see Bradford with the ability to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yep, I've heard plenty of NFL fans say they don't think Bradford is any good. The majority in the media seem to feel the same way, as do many Rams fans. Without a doubt, the consensus of most who discuss NFL football think Bradford is a complete bust.

I must be delusional, because as a lifelong Rams fan, all I want is to win, and I see Bradford with the ability to make that happen.
    I was thinking about this today. Bradford has never played well in any of the national televised games of the Rams. Last year whiners Thursday night game was one of his worst. Year before Thursday night we beat the tar out of the Cards but he played poorly, DA went out early and he had no one to throw too. Monday night game against the Giants he looked ok but we lost. Then there was the Monday night game against the Hawks when Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski disagree over Bradford and the Rams long term plan, Rams should look at RG3. That could not have helped the perception of him nationally.

Can anyone come up with a game that was nationally televised that he played well in and we won?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast