Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Interesting conversation over at the Hawks board

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting conversation over at the Hawks board

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I tend to agree. Yes, there will be some people who will look to continue being critical of Bradford moving forward, but winning solves a lot of problems. If his numbers are decent, the knowledgeable fan will recognize that and give credit where credit is due. Sam needs to put up respectable passing statistics while leading the team to a winning record. That is the barometer by which QBs are judged and it is not unfair.
    We have all seen Wilson numbers in his last seven games in 2013 and they where not very good but the team won games. So does Sam just need to be on the winning side or does he need to have decent stats and win?

Sam can fall into the Matthew Stafford scenario and that is put up big numbers and the team under achieves. The Rams where second in the NFL 2013 in penalties and where number one in 2012. That has to change this year. The turn over battle, the Rams where even in 2013. Compared to the Hawks plus 20 not even close. Time of possession Rams ranked 25th another must improve to win games.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    We have all seen Wilson numbers in his last seven games in 2013 and they where not very good but the team won games. So does Sam just need to be on the winning side or does he need to have decent stats and win?

Sam can fall into the Matthew Stafford scenario and that is put up big numbers and the team under achieves. The Rams where second in the NFL 2013 in penalties and where number one in 2012. That has to change this year. The turn over battle, the Rams where even in 2013. Compared to the Hawks plus 20 not even close. Time of possession Rams ranked 25th another must improve to win games.
    winning winning winning. That is why they play the game. I do not follow Wilson very much except for he two game we play against him but the numbers don't always show every thing. How many drives did he keep alive by stepping up in pocket to avoid rush? did he extend a drive with his legs? Did he hit his receiver in stride on 3rd and 7? So many intangibles.......Sam just needs to be good. not great. just good. And Rams need to break .500 mark.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    winning winning winning. That is why they play the game. I do not follow Wilson very much except for he two game we play against him but the numbers don't always show every thing. How many drives did he keep alive by stepping up in pocket to avoid rush? did he extend a drive with his legs? Did he hit his receiver in stride on 3rd and 7? So many intangibles.......Sam just needs to be good. not great. just good. And Rams need to break .500 mark.
    Can you be more specific... 25 TDs 10 INTs 3000 yards? I'm not sure I'd want to pay Sam's salary if we are 9-7 and he's middle of the pack. If he needs better play maker at WR then I'd want him to redo his contract and make it cap friendly so we can add more talent. Other wise cut him draft a stud that's cheap like Russell and Kap was and keep adding talent.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Can you be more specific... 25 TDs 10 INTs 3000 yards? I'm not sure I'd want to pay Sam's salary if we are 9-7 and he's middle of the pack. If he needs better play maker at WR then I'd want him to redo his contract and make it cap friendly so we can add more talent. Other wise cut him draft a stud that's cheap like Russell and Kap was and keep adding talent.
    As I said, I gauge a QB by wins. But to play along nicely here.......Minimum QB rating mid 80s, 25- 30 TD's less then 10 picks and 3200 yards. I think all of the tools are in place for that type of scenario this year.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678