Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    Jackson will wind up with more carries this year then Faulk has had in any of his 7 years as a Ram.

    Jackson (with three games to go needs 38 carries to reach 260 carries)
    Year Carries
    2005 222

    Faulk
    Year Carries
    1999 253
    2000 253
    2001 260
    2002 212
    2003 209
    2004 195
    2005 35

    Jackson has proven to be healthy this year. Faulks only season in which he started and played all 16 games for the Rams was 1999.


  2. #2
    Rampage39 Guest

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    but you must understand that faulk had ALOT of receptions also. Faulk was the ultimate running back that could do everything.

  3. #3
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,806
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    but you must understand that faulk had ALOT of receptions also. Faulk was the ultimate running back that could do everything.
    True, but it is interesting to think that the highest average number of carries per game Faulk had as a Ram was during the 2003 season, when he averaged 19 per game, and only averaged 16 per game during the Super Bowl run.

    Makes you wonder what this offense could be if a 'back like Jackson could pound the rock for 300 carries a year.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  4. #4
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,675
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Makes you wonder what this offense could be if a 'back like Jackson could pound the rock for 300 carries a year.
    We may find out next year. For some reason, I get the feeling the next coach is going to look to the ground for the offense. With a healthy Pace (cross fingers), a more experienced Terrell, a healthy Incognito (more crossed fingers), Saipaia (a natural guard and much better run blocker than pass blocker), and a seasoned Barron, Jackson may average well above 20 carries a game.

    That brand of offense will have optimists applauding the change in philosophy and the pessimists burning Chuck Knox in effigy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  5. #5
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    We may find out next year. For some reason, I get the feeling the next coach is going to look to the ground for the offense. With a healthy Pace (cross fingers), a more experienced Terrell, a healthy Incognito (more crossed fingers), Saipaia (a natural guard and much better run blocker than pass blocker), and a seasoned Barron, Jackson may average well above 20 carries a game.

    That brand of offense will have optimists applauding the change in philosophy and the pessimists burning Chuck Knox in effigy.
    I do think we will improve on the OL next year I still have my fingers crossed on the same two you do. I hope Incognito is healthy physically and mentally. I like Barron a lot he is going to be a great pass blocker I still want to see him more in the running game to see how he does in run blocking. Also I really would love to see a free agent pick up like Hutchinson who Nick has mentioned before but the more I see of our defense I am starting to think we may not have any money to spend on the offensive side of the ball. The reason I would want a free agent is because in our 2 guard spots and center we are counting on three younger players and an aging McCollum to provide an improvement over this year. I would like to have a solid veteran and two younger guys starting with one younger guy and McCollum as backups.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-16-2005 at 03:43 PM.

  6. #6
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,675
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    Quote Originally Posted by STL
    The reason I would want a free agent is because in our 2 guard spots and center we are counting on three younger players and an aging McCollum to provide an improvement over this year.
    Indeed. Assuming Hutchinson gets franchised, it'd be nice to see us go after either Stephen Neal (OG, Patriots) or LaCharles Bentley (Saints, C). Both are FAs and have a good chance of avoiding the franchise tag.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #7
    RamJackson39 Guest

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    I get the feeling that Martz was moving in the direction of a more run based offense. If not, then he is just an idiot when it comes to personnel.

    If he was, then I have to give Martz credit. This is something that has to be done.

  8. #8
    Milan Guest

    Re: Interesting note on # of Jackson carries.

    Well sure Faulk is better than Jackson. I don't think anyone is debating that. But in recent years Faulk hasn't had as much rushing yards.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •