Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Interesting Notes from Jim Thomas on 101 ESPN

Courtesy of playmaker on another site...

I just heard Jim Thomas on 101 ESPN. Quick recap

Adam Carriker shoulder injury "very serious"

Justin King appears to be o.k. Not even limping post game.

Samkon Gado may have torn cartilage in his ribs

Eric Moore has a broken hand

Brock Berlin will most likely be the #3 QB and they will try to sneak Null onto the PS.

Roger Allen (UDFA from Missouri Western) may have made the team. At the very least should be a PS guy.

The overall sentiment from the players on this team is that Jason Smith should be starting at OLT. He plays much better there.

Tim Carter will most likely be the odd man out at WR

Nobody is safe at RB besides Jackson, Gado, and Karney. The team is not happy with Darby, Pittman, or Ogbunnaya
    I wouldn't be shocked to see someone grab Null out from under us if they try to practice squad him.

As for Jason Smith, while I understand the thinking behind playing him at right tackle this year and not throwing him to the wolves on the left side, I think he's going to have to go through another readjustment whenever he eventually shifts over to LT. Playing him at right tackle will help him get up to NFL speed and work on his technique, but he'll have to refine his technique and fundamentals again because he'll eventually be shifting from right to left. It would seem to me an easier project to keep him on the left side (@ left guard, perhaps) so that he can begin to get comfortable over there for the time when he does in fact take over.

rams#1 Guest

Re: Interesting Notes from Jim Thomas on 101 ESPN

NOOOO!!! if we try to put keith null on practice squad another team WILL claim him.. not a good choice at all

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: K. Null: If this is the case we should then cut Berlin and sign him to the PS. Somehow I doubt anyone else is really all that interested in him even though he has played decently at various times this pre-season. Null has far more upside and would be far more attractive at this point in time.

Re: Jason Smith: Even though left tackle is most likely his ultimate destination it is way too late in the process to move him now. That train left the station awhile back and its in his and the Rams best interest to saty where he is-at least for this season. Besides I think many are forgetting that the real reason Smitty is on the right side is because the Rams want to fully evaluate whether Alex Barron has any future on this team at his natural position.

WHAT SAY YE?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Re: K. Null: If this is the case we should then cut Berlin and sign him to the PS. Somehow I doubt anyone else is really all that interested in him even though he has played decently at various times this pre-season. Null has far more upside and would be far more attractive at this point in time.

Re: Jason Smith: Even though left tackle is most likely his ultimate destination it is way too late in the process to move him now. That train left the station awhile back and its in his and the Rams best interest to saty where he is-at least for this season. Besides I think many are forgetting that the real reason Smitty is on the right side is because the Rams want to fully evaluate whether Alex Barron has any future on this team at his natural position.

WHAT SAY YE?
    in total agreement with every point you make....i would rep ya but we both on 17 so.... its a dog eat dog world....

rep on its way..

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    in total agreement with every point you make....i would rep ya but we both on 17 so.... its a dog eat dog world....

rep on its way..
    Thanx RR you are a scholar and a gentleman. Hey, who is that a picture of in your avatar? Looks like he is definitely a musician, am I right?

WHAT SAY YE?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Hmm. I doubt Spags starts Smith on the left. But what do I know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Did Barron flop at LT & nobody told me? I saw him make some nice runblocks, inc that long Gado TD run vs Cincy.

Smith got schooled here & there but that's rookiehood,no?

My impression is that the biggest O-line problem is not the OTs, surprisingly, but these niggling injuries at guard that have hampered the continuity/gelling process & the lack of development by any of the youngsters/back-ups that Goldberg's usage inside implies to me.

Schuening may be the first semi-significant bust of the Devaney era.

And since when do the players get to vote on who plays where? That's OUR job..lol! Sounds like another brain gassing from Jason Brown to me.

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

I wonder if anybody would claim Marc Bulger if we put him on the practice squad?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Smith has probably been the worst pass blocker in the top unit, but one of the better run blockers. We all knew it was going to take some time, so we've gotta be patient. Just like Barron he will be a much better LT, next year when Barron gets a huge deal somewhere else or he just doesn't cut it. I really don't think Barron has much of a future here.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I wonder if anybody would claim Marc Bulger if we put him on the practice squad?
    We get it, you're not a Bulger fan. But this isn't a thread about him, so let's try to stay on topic, please.

rams#1 Guest

we can't place Brock on the practice squad because he has started an NFL game. plus he is going into his 4th year in the league

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    We get it, you're not a Bulger fan. But this isn't a thread about him, so let's try to stay on topic, please.
    Did I say that out loud? Sorry guys. Believe it or not I used to be a Bulger fan, but that was 65 million dollars ago.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -09-05-2009 at 03:29 AM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Enough BULGER BASHING... CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

smith stays on the right for now...hopefully barron will have a nice year so we can trade him next offseason like the bills did with peters, because ultimately smith belongs on the left side.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    smith stays on the right for now...hopefully barron will have a nice year so we can trade him next offseason like the bills did with peters, because ultimately smith belongs on the left side.
    Agreed. But I don't want the first part to happen. I don't want Barron to have a nice year, because if he does, we may resign him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast