Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Interesting observation/questions....from me

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Interesting observation/questions....from me

I'm finding it very interesting that I'm not reading the old..."well if Bradford was healthy and playing we would have won that game". Afterall he is our starting QB.

So is this a good thing?
    Meaning we have all accepted that Clemens is our QB for the rest of the season. So there's no need to cry over spilled milk?

Or is it a bad thing?
    Bradford hasn't lived up to your expectations. So having Clemens play is a wash in your opinion?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Interesting observation/questions....from me

I've seen more than a few comments about missing Bradford, and that the game yesterday showed just how important the QB position is, so I think the opinion is out there that having Bradford would have made a difference. I certainly believe the game would have been much more competitive/winnable if Bradford was leading the charge. He's a difference maker IMO, and makes those around him better. I'm still depressed that he's out for the season, and lament at what could have been. That said, I'm relatively happy with what Clemens has been able to do, but let's face it, he's no Sam Bradford.
    RealRam, rammiser and THOLTFAN81 like this.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Since this season is basically a wash, wouldn't it be prudent to give Austin Davis a game or two to see what we have with him?
    rammiser and lordwhttgr like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    Since this season is basically a wash, wouldn't it be prudent to give Austin Davis a game or two to see what we have with him?
    Actually, we aren't eliminated yet. Funny thing is, the 3-8-1 Vikings haven't been eliminated yet either. WOW!

When we are eliminated, then I am all for seeing what Davis can bring. I trust the FO enough to know that if he was better, he would be playing.

gap

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I've seen more than a few comments about missing Bradford, and that the game yesterday showed just how important the QB position is, so I think the opinion is out there that having Bradford would have made a difference. I certainly believe the game would have been much more competitive/winnable if Bradford was leading the charge. He's a difference maker IMO, and makes those around him better. I'm still depressed that he's out for the season, and lament at what could have been. That said, I'm relatively happy with what Clemens has been able to do, but let's face it, he's no Sam Bradford.
    I miss Sam too. But Sam did play against the Whiners earlier in the year....posting a rating of season low
    rating of 59....

I think the Whiners are too good against the run daring the Rams to throw. Obviously this year, it did not work out for us in both games...and if the receivers keep dropping passes...does not matter who is back there.

And this team needs to not get so emotional and caught up in the ticky tack stuff. It seems that teams are trying to get our goat and we are all too willing to let it happen. I suppose that is fixed by the experience they are getting and is a direct caus eof their youth..... but does not help us in any way to win on Sunday.
    Randart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I miss Sam too. But Sam did play against the Whiners earlier in the year....posting a rating of season low rating of 59....
    True, but that game didn't have the Zac Stacy factor. Just sayin'........
    rammiser likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Sam was 19/41 for 202 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int and sacked 5 times in the Rams first game against San Fran. Clemens was 19/37 for 218 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int and sacked 3 times on Sunday against the same team. Similar stats and both ended up on the losing end... enough with the would-of could-of stuff about Sam Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Sam was 19/41 for 202 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int and sacked 5 times in the Rams first game against San Fran. Clemens was 19/37 for 218 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int and sacked 3 times on Sunday against the same team. Similar stats and both ended up on the losing end... enough with the would-of could-of stuff about Sam Bradford
    The difference is, Clemens' performance was typical, Bradford's was atypical. Maybe we can bring in Bradford's numbers from the two whiners games last year to clarify?

If you think there is no difference between Bradford and Clemens, you're entitled to your opinion, but please, don't tell me to muzzle my opinions on the subject.
    RamDez and rammiser like this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    Indeed. Can't wait to see Bradford back 100%, with...

* An upgrade at OL (perhaps with Saffold and Jones in)
    * Our WRs more "adept" at catching passes
    * And ZAC STACY!

An improved Bradford offense by virtue of a better running game with Stacy & Cunningham.

KC is perhaps the type of back-up QB effective for a few downs or a couple of quarters in a game.
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-03-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: CK - KC

macrammer is offline Registered User

Mike, that is my point. The Whiners stacked the line to stop the run. Stacy was non factor most of the game.

Balls were thrown to receivers that missed them. Regardless of who the QB is, if you cannot catch the ball then your success on offense will be severely limited.
    Vinnie25 likes this.

The difference is, Clemens' performance was typical, Bradford's was atypical. Maybe we can bring in Bradford's numbers from the two whiners games last year to clarify?

If you think there is no difference between Bradford and Clemens, you're entitled to your opinion, but please, don't tell me to muzzle my opinions on the subject.
    The point I'm trying to make is that Sam has been out since Week 7, and to constantly hear people keep saying "well Sam would have won that game" for every close loss the Rams suffer is kind of repetitive and meaningless. And as for Bradford's bad game being "atypical", even though he was on his way to a career year before he got hurt, he still had his fair share of duds (San Fran and Dallas) and was only playing like an slightly above average QB at the time he got hurt.
    Truth and RosieJones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Mike, that is my point. The Whiners stacked the line to stop the run. Stacy was non factor most of the game.

Balls were thrown to receivers that missed them. Regardless of who the QB is, if you cannot catch the ball then your success on offense will be severely limited.
    Stacy didn't rack up huge numbers, but he was able to grind out 72 yards, gave the Rams offense a second dimension, and gave the whiners defense something to think about. IMO, he was a factor. In the first contest, the running game was non-existent, and gave Bradford virtually zero support (starter Richardson had 16 yards). And as far as dropped passes, IMO, Bradford throws a more accurate, catchable ball, whereas Clemens often does his best to just get the ball in the receivers area, so I think Bradford would have been a factor in making the receivers more productive. Maybe that's a reach on my part, but that's the way I see it.

I have no problem with the opinion that Bradford would not have made a difference, but with the progression of guys like Stacy, Cunningham, Austin, Bailey, Quick, and the improved play of the OL as well as the running game, I disagree with it.

Bradford had a horrible performance in the first matchup, but I don't think that performance was indicative of how he normally plays. All QB's have days like that. Look at Drew Brees last night. Do you think he has that type of performance every time he plays against the Seattle defense? I don't. Same with Bradford against the whiners defense. As I noted earlier, look at his numbers from the two games last year, and I think you get better picture of what his typical performance would be.
    rammiser likes this.

The point I'm trying to make is that Sam has been out since Week 7, and to constantly hear people keep saying "well Sam would have won that game" for every close loss the Rams suffer is kind of repetitive and meaningless. And as for Bradford's bad game being "atypical", even though he was on his way to a career year before he got hurt, he still had his fair share of duds (San Fran and Dallas) and was only playing like an slightly above average QB at the time he got hurt.
    I think people are saying the Rams would have been in a better position to win the game if Bradford was playing. Do you really disagree with that premise?
    Vinnie25 likes this.

Truth is offline Registered User

...and herein is the problem we face with Sam. He's been in the league for 4 seasons. He's missed significant amounts of 2 of those seasons due to significant injury. So, his off season is spent rehabbing, and not working on improving his skills. The question, with two seasons remaining on his HUGE contract, can he remain healthy for more than a season? He's yet to do that. Neither he, nor the Rams will ever reach their potential if the QB can't stay healthy. Is Clemens the answer? NO. Is Sam? Who knows? He can't stay healthy long enough to really answer that question. I'll tell you this, I'd have to see him make it through the next 2 seasons before I'd be willing to commit a large portion of my cap to him.
    Vinnie25 and RosieJones like this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

I think people are saying the Rams would have been in a better position to win the game if Bradford was playing. Do you really disagree with that premise?
    I agree with that, I'd much rather have Sam under center because he is the far more talented QB and he does give the Rams a better chance winning. Idk though, my feelings on Bradford are mixed. I think he's a hell of a talent and when he's good he's really really good, but I think people are making him out to be an irreplaceable franchise QB when he has yet to really show that. I know the Rams haven't exactly put him in the best position to succeed (as far as O-line and receivers go), but then again I've seen QB's go out there with far less and play better than he has. Whether it was his lack of talented receivers, or a bad O-line, or a revolving door of O-coordinators, and now his injuries, I just feel like Sam has always been given an excuse as to why he's not getting the job done. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but with him being the #1 pick and having a huge contract, I've just expected more with him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast