Varg6 is offline Registered User

An interesting thought...

I know people have said, Marshall is coming back, but it isn't totally official YET. But...I was watching the ign weekly show, and they were showing the premiere of madden 07, and sure enough, our man Faulk is there, getting interviewed and everything, so hopefully thats another positive sign for his return for 06

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: An interesting thought...

With all the conflicting reports out there, it's really hard to tell. Marshall's chances of retiring are 50-50 to me right now. He's been quoted saying he wants to play this year, but he's still sitting out from yet another knee surgery. As minor as these surgeries are labeled each year, they've got to add up, and it seems like he's taking a little while longer to recover than ever before. That said, he had decent stats last year - the totals were the lowest of his career, due to SJ getting most of the load, but his averages weren't bad at all when he got a chance with the ball. While not as quick with his cuts, he still showed off his field vision with some beautiful cutbacks and always knows where the lanes will develop.

With a new coaching staff, a new offense to learn, and his knees deteriorating each year, I can't blame him if he chooses to retire. But I would also be glad to have him as a backup, a role I think he's still very capable of. From what he's seen of the team so far, does he think we are a legitimate playoff/Super Bowl contender this year, something that might keep him in the fold? It'd be interesting to hear his answer to that, even though we probably never will, but his retirement decision would speak volumes. I don't have high hopes for this team, but if playoffs are possible, the Super Bowl is, and I don't think Marshall would skip out on that chance if he truly thought (with his smarts & experience) the Rams were capable this year.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I think Marshall may be bucking for a release or a trade more than he is interested in retirement. Just my $.02.

vegasramfan is offline Registered User

Marshall should only come back if he is 100% able to. So many times you see a veteran running back try and play when he is really physically and mentally unable to keep up. Marshall Faulk was one of the greatest running backs of all time and that is the memory that I would like to hold on to. I don't want to remember the games when he limped off the field or the sideline shots of him getting his knee's looked at by the doc. I would love for him to remain with the team in some capacity to teach younger players but I only want him to play if it means he can be productive.
    My dime.